No announcement yet.

Post a Pic of the last thing you purchased Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After seven years of searching on and off, I finally found (in eBay from SC last week) this Fire-Fighter Jet Jaguar, which was made as a magazine-exclusive from Bandai in 1997 and now completes my set with the Medical Jet Jaguar.*

*I was amused to hear that when a friend visited my place for the first time just a few days later that he later told his wife "Josh has three Jet Jaguars." To which, of course, she replied "what's a jet jaguar?"

Originally posted by robojac View Post
    Dracula (1979): The Deluxe Edition (2 CD Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Music Composed And Conducted By John Williams
    Very cool. I never thought of looking for that soundtrack, but I do recall it being pretty good (forgot it was Williams).
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 04-13-2019, 02:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Very cool. I never thought of looking for that soundtrack, but I do recall it being pretty good (forgot it was Williams).
      If you ever purchase it, be prepared to spend between $35-$40 on it.

Comment

• William Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale (Folger Library)

While I can read Shakespeare in one of my collected volumes and would get most of it, I find these Folger editions helpful to learn the background and get dated references or words that mean something different than they did then. Plus they have histories and critical readings.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 06-21-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Solo: A Star Wars Story (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Score Composed And Adapted By John Powell

and

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Music By Michael Giacchino

Comment

• And a mail order with coupon from B&N:

Vampire Killers
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 06-21-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• And this was from a massive local fundraiser book sale (at which I spent $17); supposedly the largest on the east coast:

Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 06-21-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• The Walking Dead (Original Television Soundtrack) - Music By Bear McCreary

Comment

• Amazon used book order (AvP: War):
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy

Comment

• Happy Death Day (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) - Music By Bear McCreary

Comment

• From a B&N trip using sales, coupons, and a mail order:
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy

Comment

• The Walking Dead, Vol.31: The Rotten Core (TPB)

Comment

• A couple DVDs on sale at the library (Entrapment and Sum of All Fears):
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy

Comment

• Die Hard (30th Anniversary Remastered Edition 3CD Set) - Music Composed And Conducted By Michael Kamen

Comment

• Recently, I went to New Jersey Collector's Con, which was just a toy convention (with a focus on the 80s). I spent less than an hour and a half there, but it was fun and I came back with a decent haul:

The bags are mostly He-man figures (most vintage), but the left side is Miller's Joker.

Originally posted by robojac View Post
                              Die Hard (30th Anniversary Remastered Edition 3CD Set) - Music Composed And Conducted By Michael Kamen
                              That is tempting, but how can it be 3 CDs? Wouldn't that be longer than the movie? Outtakes or extended pieces?
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                That is tempting, but how can it be 3 CDs? Wouldn't that be longer than the movie? Outtakes or extended pieces?
                                Sorry for the late response. The total 3-disc time is 182 minutes and 44 seconds (3 hours and 2 minutes and 44 seconds). Disc one is the film score, disc two is the film score continued (tracks 1-10) and additional music (tracks 11-29), and disc three is bonus music from Die Hard (alternates, outtakes, songs, source music, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                                X