Outrage of the Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    Taking sensible precautions is not the equivalent of living in fear. Wanting this freaking pandemic to end, sooner rather than later, doesn't mean one is allowing fear to control them.

I'm not calling you out for this specifically, but part of the reason this pandemic is dragging out this long is because of people who, rather than live in fear, have chosen to live in self-serving, willful ignorance. People who want nothing to limit them doing whatever they most desire, and so choose to treat anything that would as "fake news" or some kind of conspiracy.

I feel sorry for the people that are living in constant fear, but I feel angry at the people that are living in selfish denial.
    I personally feel its from the surge of illegals entering the usa and international travelers . I know that isnt the pc thing to say but why isnt anyone questioning if there vaccinated? All i hear is American this or American that trump is the reason blah blah. People forget this is a world issue not just exclusive to the usa. Im not sure if your following whats going on in Australia but its not good because you can be arrested for not having a mask. A woman recently posted her boyfriend going through just that. I recommend you research it
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 10-05-2021, 06:47 PM.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• I guess this goes here: FBI raids police union headquarters

Nuns raped girls with crucifixes as female pedophilia was covered up by Catholic church
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Apparently if your black you can shoot up a school and be on bond. Anyone who defends the tx shooter from yesterday in my eyes are just as guilty pulling the trigger. The parents are trying to justify it because he was bullied. Oh btw john hinkley who shot regan will be released next year. If that DOesnt raise eyebrows all hope is lost in America. Regan is before my time but maaaaan wtf is going on nowadays?
        TazzMission
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by TazzMission; 10-08-2021, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          Apparently if your black you can shoot up a school and be on bond. Anyone who defends the tx shooter from yesterday in my eyes are just as guilty pulling the trigger. The parents are trying to justify it because he was bullied. Oh btw john hinkley who shot regan will be released next year. If that DOesnt raise eyebrows all hope is lost in America. Regan is before my time but maaaaan wtf is going on nowadays?
          As far as Hinckley goes, he was found "not guilty by reason of insanity" and has been in treatment ever since. They have been lessening restrictions on him since 2003, and he's been living out in the community already for 5 years, with his mother (though she died this summer).

Reagan's son is in favor of the release, and insists that his father forgave Hinckley long ago, and would also favor the release.

Comment

As far as Hinckley goes, he was found "not guilty by reason of insanity" and has been in treatment ever since. They have been lessening restrictions on him since 2003, and he's been living out in the community already for 5 years, with his mother (though she died this summer).

Reagan's son is in favor of the release, and insists that his father forgave Hinckley long ago, and would also favor the release.
            As a mental health advocate the court made a fool out of mental health. Shit like that is why people dont get the help they need. Its becoming a crutch now to excuse extreme behavior. It be like saying release every serial killer because of mental health or release the guy who did the batman theater shooting in 2012. Wheres the line drawn on what is ok to be released on in terms of mental health?
            TazzMission
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by TazzMission; 10-08-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

As a mental health advocate the court made a fool out of mental health. Shit like that is why people dont get the help they need. Its becoming a crutch now to excuse extreme behavior. It be like saying release every serial killer because of mental health. Wheres the line drawn on what is ok to be released on?
              I'll leave it to the professionals to determine where that line is drawn. Which they did in this case. And the victim's son is fine with it, so what basis do you or I have to object?

People like to get outraged, imagining the worst possible interpretation of stuff, but from everything I've read about this, the guy had serious mental health issues and has been dealing with them in treatment for many, many years. The professionals have been gauging his recovery over the years, and he has already been granted incremental freedoms, without incident, over the past several years.
              Unless it is your contention that mental health issues are just universally a scam people are pulling to get sympathy and excuse their behavior (which I don't think you are) then you have to allow for at least the possibility that this man's case could be exactly what the experts say it is. And given that Reagan's son, who is closer to the issue and more knowledgeable about it, has no problem with it, I just don't see that you have any solid reason to maintain that it is some kind of travesty of justice.

Comment

I'll leave it to the professionals to determine where that line is drawn. Which they did in this case. And the victim's son is fine with it, so what basis do you or I have to object?

People like to get outraged, imagining the worst possible interpretation of stuff, but from everything I've read about this, the guy had serious mental health issues and has been dealing with them in treatment for many, many years. The professionals have been gauging his recovery over the years, and he has already been granted incremental freedoms, without incident, over the past several years.
                Unless it is your contention that mental health issues are just universally a scam people are pulling to get sympathy and excuse their behavior (which I don't think you are) then you have to allow for at least the possibility that this man's case could be exactly what the experts say it is. And given that Reagan's son, who is closer to the issue and more knowledgeable about it, has no problem with it, I just don't see that you have any solid reason to maintain that it is some kind of travesty of justice.
                The fact it was a sitting president that was shot after the Kennedy assassination before that. Regardless how anyone feels about regan your talking about a leader of the free world. Would this be a discussion if lee Harvey oswald wasnt assassinated and sitting in a cell? Should oswald be deemed mentally unfit despite killing a president?

Comment

• Reagan wasn't the only victim. When James Brady died, a physician ruled that he definitely died (even though it was years later) from complications of his condition caused by the shooting. There were professionals who believed at that point Hinckley should have been charged with murder and I think that could be valid, though I don't claim I know the whole situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Reagan wasn't the only victim. When James Brady died, a physician ruled that he definitely died (even though it was years later) from complications of his condition caused by the shooting. There were professionals who believed at that point Hinckley should have been charged with murder and I think that could be valid, though I don't claim I know the whole situation.
                    See what i think they should do is really revaluate him because we have advanced so much since the eighties with diagnosis

Comment

See what i think they should do is really revaluate him because we have advanced so much since the eighties with diagnosis
                      Do you seriously think he is being released without having a current evaluation? He's been in treatment constantly for years. I guarantee he was evaluated as part of the process of deciding to release him.

Comment

The fact it was a sitting president that was shot after the Kennedy assassination before that. Regardless how anyone feels about regan your talking about a leader of the free world. Would this be a discussion if lee Harvey oswald wasnt assassinated and sitting in a cell? Should oswald be deemed mentally unfit despite killing a president?
                        There should be equal protection under the law, so in my opinion, the victim's specific identity shouldn't be the determining factor in what the punishment is. If somebody can be determined to be mentally unfit at all, it SHOULD be a possibility no matter who they committed the crime against. I don't have the expertise to determine who is or isn't, though, so I have to defer to experts.

I have no specific reason to think Oswald was unfit. If he was, though, then the standard should apply equally.

Comment

Do you seriously think he is being released without having a current evaluation? He's been in treatment constantly for years. I guarantee he was evaluated as part of the process of deciding to release him.
                          Honestly i really dont know anymore because with covid still being a issue some prisons specifically California released people because of covid. I forget the termonology so i recommend you research it if you have time

Comment

• This is so fucking absurd I can't even put it into words
                            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Aaaaand superman is now bisexual.._.._.._.. I dont read superman but Wouldnt it make more sense to call it john kent since its he who is now bisexual so people dont confuse it with clark kent? I feel like this was deliberate by dc to get people talking by saying superman specifically is bisexual Aaaaand controversy sells Aaaaand creates a buzz. In john kent now going to team up with tim drake Aaaaand call there team broke back titan's? Are there arch Nemesis going to be straight males Aaaaand depicted as homophobic. Is john kent going to have Rainbow eye beams Aaaaand tim drake will fart my little pony Aaaaand talk about friendship? John kents weakness wont be kryptonite but his weakness will be a biological woman since biological women will scare him
                              TazzMission
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by TazzMission; 10-12-2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• The other issue with people refusing to get vaccinated is that they're needlessly taking up hospital beds and thus denying care to people who have gotten sick or injured through no choice of their own.

Re the seasonal flu, some medical professionals are predicting it will be bad this year and that some people will simultaneously contract flu and Covid-19.

I get a flu shot every year and have already gotten mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X