Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Animal Thread (cuteness, bravery, animal justice, and the fantastique)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles animal shelters achieve 90% save rate
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Bald eagle population has quadrupled

Also, we thought my kitten had escaped the house but he was hiding in the basement ceiling, crafty little bugger. He was driving us nuts with his vanishing act, making me run around half the area looking for him.

Comment

• Cop resigns after video shows him slamming his K-9 into a patrol car, NC police say

Thankfully, the dog is ok.

Comment

• My concern is that asswipe just gets hired by the neighboring county. It is disgustingly easy for dirty cops to stay on the force even after resigning.

Comment

• My son was bitten by a dog last Saturday, as we were helping some people catch their runaway pups that were headed toward a busy street. Now I'm discovering that I should have gotten their contact info at the time, since the Doctor wants to make sure the dog was vaccinated against rabies. Apparently, while very rare, you don't want to take the chance because if untreated it is usually fatal.

I'm not really all that worried (what are the odds?), but I'd rather not subject my son to rabies shots, and that's apparently the safe course if you can't verify the dog's status.

Comment

• ^That does stink. I take it they're not people you could easily track down?

Comment

• All I know is where they were when we saw them chasing the dogs. I assume they live near there, but walking down that street I couldn't see them or the dogs, so my only recourse if I want to find them is going door to door and asking people if they know who they are. That is not something I look forward to, being a somewhat introverted individual.

Comment

• New dinosaur discovered in Argentina

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    Aww. I was hoping it was a living dinosaur from some land of the lost.

Comment

• You know, when I was a teen there was this short film about this kid who basically took Jurassic Park way too seriously, dressing up like he was on an expedition while his family took him to this theme park. He and his little sister get lost and he's treating it like they're really dodging dinosaurs while the parents are flying around in a heli looking for them.

I really want to watch that again for some laughs.

Comment

• Comment

• https://worldanimalnews.com/breaking...s-black-bears/

Comment

• Bill to ban the trade of shark fins is reintroduced in Congress

Comment

• Cats don't take crap from anyone:

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Love it.

My family's puppy came into my room recently, and the kitten came in right after her. He started swatting his paw at her and she just ignored him even when he started hitting her back. I got her to leave my room but as she was backing up and turning her head so she could turn around and leave, the kitten slapped her right in the muzzle. She takes off running.

Comment

Working...
                                X