Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished:

Originally posted by Hypo View Post

And now I'm not sure what to read next lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
      Well, that, plus Igloos don't have doors.

Actually Fear, you should check that book out on Wiki, you might find some of the philosophies very similar to your own...or at least your online self. Satanism isn't the worship of Satan/The Devil, in fact, they don't believe there is a Devil or God or any deity at all. It is the worship of yourself as your own God. Very "humanistic" instead of "spiritual".

Ugh. Sounds like trying to make a virtue out of seflishness. (And sounds exactly like the sort of thing Satan, if you DO believe in him, would encourage. Not worshipping him, but everybody doing what is "right in his own eyes" and NOT worshipping God.)

EDIT: But I guess this isn't the place to discuss the matter, and I banned myself from Qward in part to avoid such discussions here, so forget I said anything...

(I'd just delete the post, but I kind of have a policy about not deleting my posts, even if I regret them. The most I'll do usually is edit them. Helps promote thinking before I post...sometimes. )
      Mister Ed
      Horse of a Different Color
      Last edited by Mister Ed; 12-29-2012, 06:31 PM. Reason: Not the place

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Ugh. Sounds like trying to make a virtue out of seflishness. (And sounds exactly like the sort of thing Satan, if you DO believe in him, would encourage. Not worshipping him, but everybody doing what is "right in his own eyes" and NOT worshipping God.)....EDIT: But I guess this isn't the place to discuss the matter, and I banned myself from Qward in part to avoid such discussions here, so forget I said anything...
        Yeah, I was contemplating posting almost exactly what you said, Ed, but decided against it for the same reason. However, the conversation was started by his original post and the nature of the book, so I don't think your post is out of bounds.

On a more superficial note, I don't think atheists, hedonists, or secular humanists should call themselves "Satanists." It's dishonest. Save that term for the rather minor group that believe in Lucifer and choose to outright serve and worship him.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
            Amazon Kindle has this as a free download so I got it to check it out. Sounds like a fun series.

Comment

• Originally posted by myuserid View Post
              Amazon Kindle has this as a free download so I got it to check it out. Sounds like a fun series.
              It is, the series starts out as a solid yet generic story but has enough plot twists that it ends up feeling very fresh in my opinion. I recommend it.

Anyways started this today:

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                Originally posted by White Gloves View Post
                First time?
                Yep !
                White Gloves
                Guy's Drinking Buddy
                Last edited by White Gloves; 12-30-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                  It is, the series starts out as a solid yet generic story but has enough plot twists that it ends up feeling very fresh in my opinion. I recommend it.

Anyways started this today:

Hey let us know how this is. I have been thinking about reading it for a long time now but I can't decide if it is worth the time.

Sig made by Zander Yurami

Comment

• Finished this one and it was great. One of the authors Sean Platt usually collaborates with told him he couldn't write a Western without doing tons of research. Platt said if he wrote a Western with Unicorns, he could write whatever he wanted.
                    Originally posted by myuserid View Post

Reading this today.

Comment

• LOL. That's funny, because I keep thinking I'd like to write a Western and the amount of research required to do it well has always held me back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        LOL. That's funny, because I keep thinking I'd like to write a Western and the amount of research required to do it well has always held me back.
                        You should check it out, it's a really fun read. And turns out, it's just the first in a new series.

Finished The Viscount and the Witch and loved it. Looking forward to starting the series soon.

Started this tonight.

Comment

• Yo.

Im on the 2nd book of The Morningstar Strain trilogy by Z.A. Recht; in this story, we actually see efforts to stop the zombie plague from spreading all over the planet (to no avail, natch.)

Tazer
                          Tazer
                          That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                          Last edited by Tazer; 01-03-2013, 08:19 PM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Comment

• Reading through these two right now after already finishing his other book "Forgotten God".

Comment

• Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
                                FINISHED!!! It's amazing how long it takes to read anything longer than a comic book, much less a 600 page densely-packed-with-information book while having a 4 and an 8 year old rampaging through the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X