Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a big ticket to pay for last paycheck, so I don't have the money to go... but a friend might pay for me on Sunday.

*crosses fingers*
    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

d@mn Parry sorry to hear about that, good luck with the friend

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
        also when have "real" movie critics giving a good review on a movie that "we all" like?
        Lets see... Return of the King? Yeah... thats one. Only Randall Graves hated that movie.
        Oddly enough, though, I didn't agree with it winning Best Picture... I know, blasphemy!

Comment

Saw the movie earlier today...don't even want to talk about it...

IT WAS THAT CAMPY AND CHEESY.

Just...bad.

Comment

just got back from seeing it, it was everything i thought it would be......

IT WAS AWESOME

IonFan says

Comment

Just got back from seeing it. It sucked big time....Don't waste your money.
              Brady SD
              Weaponer of Qward
              Last edited by Brady SD; 08-08-2009, 04:49 AM.

Comment

I'm going to say what I said to everyone who bitched and moaned about the first Transformers movie being campy, cheesy, and of a thin plot: WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT FROM A MOVIE BASED ON A KIDS SHOW FROM THE 80'S THAT WAS REALLY NOTHING MORE THAN A SERIES OF 30 MINUTE TOY ADS?! Anyone who goes into this movie expecting anything more than nostalgic fun and mindless action within a classic popcorn film setting is a fucking moron... plain and simple.

Comment

I'm not a moron. Many people share my sentiments about this movie. I enjoyed both Transformer movies because I just wanted to see robots beat eachother up and that is exactly what I got. I enjoyed both GI Joe cartoon movies. I came into this movie with no expectations on plot or coherence and it still failed to give me "nostalgic fun and mindless action within a classic popcorn film setting". It was painful.
                  Brady SD
                  Weaponer of Qward
                  Last edited by Brady SD; 08-08-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Any time a person says a movie was "painful," they're either exaggerating or mindlessly supporting a predetermined opinion. Reaction to both cases is simple: to ignore the person's opinion entirely because they're being overly dramatic and idiotic.

Comment

again i say......

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                      it was everything i thought it would be......
                      IT WAS AWESOME

i give it a 5* out of 5*

IonFan says

Comment

And I still say this movie sucks big time. This had a $170 million dollar budget and they pumped out a lemon with crappy special effects, like really crappy. Anything cool at all they showed on the trailers or stuff they released on the web before this came out.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809993532/critic

And I completely agree with this guy (except what he says about Transformers 2, I explained why I liked that in a prior post).

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/..._rise_of_cobra

If you read these and the responses there are people that say they liked it. And if you liked it that's cool, but if you didn't like it than you should be able to say you didn't without being called a moron or idiot.

Perrylakkas, Parallax, whatever sounds like you are having a bad day, a bad week or a bad life. Probably all three. You flame me I will flame your pathetic ass back.
                        Brady SD
                        Weaponer of Qward
                        Last edited by Brady SD; 08-09-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                          Any time a person says a movie was "painful," they're either exaggerating or mindlessly supporting a predetermined opinion. Reaction to both cases is simple: to ignore the person's opinion entirely because they're being overly dramatic and idiotic.

While youre at it, why dont you smack him around a bit too? Relax buddy...its a movie...some people didnt like it.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                            I hated GI Joe growing up and never watched the cartoon so I just might enjoy the flick. Usually with cartoon to movie translations, the less you know about the original source, the better off you are.
                            the original source??

oh, U meant the COMIC!

trust me, this has less to do with the comic than the cartoon ever did, and I rate it a solid D- for a GI Joe -film (if it werent, I'd prolly raise it to a B-).

Tazer
                            Tazer
                            That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                            Last edited by Tazer; 08-09-2009, 12:55 PM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Yo.

Catwoman

Steel

Elektra

Captain America

all 3 FF -movies

Street Fighter, the Movie

all of the above were PAINFUL.

Dragonball:Evolution

Tazer
                              edit- added that last 1 thnx to Prime
                              Tazer
                              That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                              Last edited by Tazer; 08-09-2009, 04:07 PM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I'm going to say what I said to everyone who bitched and moaned about the first Transformers movie being campy, cheesy, and of a thin plot: WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU EXPECT FROM A MOVIE BASED ON A KIDS SHOW FROM THE 80'S THAT WAS REALLY NOTHING MORE THAN A SERIES OF 30 MINUTE TOY ADS?! Anyone who goes into this movie expecting anything more than nostalgic fun and mindless action within a classic popcorn film setting is a fucking moron... plain and simple.
                                Trust me I didn't think it was going to be anything more than that but it still sucked as just being a mindless action movie. It was just not even the kind of bad that makes you laugh, it was the kind of bad that makes you want to get the hell out of the theater. The Dragonball:Evolution kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X