Stargate: Universe / SGU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caleb Lancaster View Post
    If Daniel Jackson ain't in it, or someone from Firefly I ain't watchin' it.
    Heh... thats funny... back in Season 3 of Atlantis when Dr. Becket died, I was so pissed until I found out he was being replaced by that chick from Firefly.
    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Originally posted by glantern View Post
      i hope they dont have an android on board...
      How about a guy who is....deaf, and he needs a special device that allows him to hear stuff. And every now and then he will get captured and alien surveiliance equipment will be installed into his removable ear device to spy on the heroes.

Comment

Off with his head!!!

Comment

um... just a thought, did anyone ever see the show "space cases" on Nikelodeon many years back?

Comment

The show with the Black Ranger?

Comment

Yeah I saw it. It was sucky. But It stared my Favorite Actress.

Comment

Taken From www.Scifi.com

Carlyle To Star In Stargate Universe

Award-winning Scottish actor Robert Carlyle (The Full Monty) has been cast in the leading role of Dr. David Rush on SCI FI Channel's new original series Stargate Universe, the latest adventure in the Stargate franchise produced by MGM television.

Production will begin in Vancouver, Canada, in February 2009, with an eye to a summer 2009 premiere. Additional casting is currently underway.

Described as edgier and younger in tone than the two previous series, Universe follows a band of soldiers, scientists and civilians who must fend for themselves as they are forced through a Stargate when their hidden base comes under attack.

The desperate survivors emerge aboard an Ancient ship missing in the far reaches of space. As they fight to survive, Dr. Rush (Carlyle) works to unlock the mysteries of the ship and return the group home, but evidence of his ulterior motives soon arises.

Brad Wright and Robert Cooper--co-creators of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, who both currently serve as executive producers on Atlantis--will serve as executive producers and writers on the new series.

Stargate Universe will debut as a two-hour movie event on SCI FI and will be distributed by MGM Worldwide Television Distribution.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Hmm. Not sure how I feel about Caryle being cast, but we'll see.

Comment

Stargate: Universe / SGU

Hi there:

Anyone see the pilot episode? I thought it was slow and I kept wondering, "Where did Ritchie Valens go?" Add to it, the lieutenant looked like Steve-O from "Jackass."

Anyone else see it?

Don

Comment

It wasn't the strongest of the Stargate pilots, but still interesting; it's kind of the anti-"Rising". After SG-1 and SGA, it was necessary to take the franchise in a different, darker direction. That having been said, I liked the nods to the past via the cameo appearances of O'Neill, Carter, Daniel, Walter, and even Dr. Lee -- not to mention the nod to Atlantis, the Ancient Database, the Pegasus Galaxy, and the George Hammond.

I ultimately don't want a repeat of VGR or nBSSG. If it can find the balance, the show might do well.

Comment

I never got into stargate the series.or any of the stargate series. I do love sci fi and babylon 5,earth final conflict,any star trek,farscape,first wave,highlander were all shows i loved. I also loved stargate the movie,the series is ok i dont dislike it or anything i just liked all of the other shows better.

Comment

Yeah I watched the pilot....Talk about starting off with things going to hell in a hand basket. I think the first season is going to end up focusing a lot on repairing the ship. Stop at world A) for life support materials then World B) for food and water and so on and so on. I just hope they do it in a exciting manner or it's going to get boring real quick.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

[QUOTE=Darth_Andrea;247076]Yeah I watched the pilot....Talk about starting off with things going to hell in a hand basket. I think the first season is going to end up focusing a lot on repairing the ship. Stop at world A) for life support materials then World B) for food and water and so on and so on. I just hope they do it in a exciting manner or it's going to get boring real quick.

If that is what the show is going to be, 20 episodes of "We need to stop here and get this and get that...oh and ship's life support is failing here" who wants to watch that?

It's like making a 20 episode series around the sinking of the "Titanic" and we watch the damn think drop into the water for 10 months. The James Cameron movie was long enough.

But this show was way, way to slow and I was also not a fan of them killing off Shooter McGavin while his daughter watched.

To be honest, the other series had a sense of fun, hope and danger to it. This is like watching a funeral procession for someone you don't know.

Comment

Looks like they ran out of ideas so they made a BSG/Voyager remake with the Stargate title on it.

Comment

this starts soon in the UK but Im wondering weather or not to watch it as I liked Stargate and didnt watch Atlantis till series 3 but got hooked on that one but I dont see the same appeal with this one if Im honest, wish they could just bring back atlantis as it could of gone on for at another season at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X