No announcement yet.

Green Lantern: Lost Army Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What they should do now is put out a Corps title starring Guy, John and Kyle. No new dumb-assed "creative" premise that they dream up, but just the plain old GLC.

Comment

WHAT THE????

Just woke up to this too (Like Big Daddy Skywalker). I can see Omega Men dying a strangulation, but not the GLC! Are they in the past, or an alternate universe, or both? Where's the Templar Guardians? Where's Simon Baz? I'm getting schizophrenic from the "now vs. 1-year-ago" going on with JLA/Supes currently.

So all we're going to have is Hal Jordan with Krona's Gauntlet, and maybe Kyle Rayner, Saint Walker by himself, the Indigo Tribe, the Star Sapphires, the Red Lanterns, Larfleeze, Black Hand, and the Sinestro Corps? What does a title of "Green Lantern" mean anyway at this point? Or are any GLs not be left on Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
        WHAT THE????

Just woke up to this too (Like Big Daddy Skywalker). I can see Omega Men dying a strangulation, but not the GLC! Are they in the past, or an alternate universe, or both? Where's the Templar Guardians? Where's Simon Baz? I'm getting schizophrenic from the "now vs. 1-year-ago" going on with JLA/Supes currently.

So all we're going to have is Hal Jordan with Krona's Gauntlet, and maybe Kyle Rayner, Saint Walker by himself, the Indigo Tribe, the Star Sapphires, the Red Lanterns, Larfleeze, Black Hand, and the Sinestro Corps? What does a title of "Green Lantern" mean anyway at this point? Or are any GLs not be left on Earth?
        I don't think they know how to write Earth-based Lantern stories any more, and anyway they're scared to try. You go to any other message board and suggest that that's needed, and the fanboys will shriek with outrage and dismay.

It's just a damned mess. All that other shit needs to go. Just GREEN Lanterns, please. Two on Earth and two in space.
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-15-2015, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Foghorn Lantern View Post
          What they should do now is put out a Corps title starring Guy, John and Kyle. No new dumb-assed "creative" premise that they dream up, but just the plain old GLC.
          Wow, that'd be pretty humiliating for Kyle (and Kyle fans). Knocked down from doing his own thing and being super powerful and reshuffled into the Corps as a regular member... twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            Wow, that'd be pretty humiliating for Kyle (and Kyle fans). Knocked down from doing his own thing and being super powerful and reshuffled into the Corps as a regular member... twice.

Let me add though that If I ever get my hands on it, Hal won't be running the Corps, there won't be a "flagship title" for him to star in, and he won't be described in Muhammad Ali terms, as "the greatest." It should go without saying the Sinestro won't be described that way either.
            Trey Strain
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-15-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              They can be used as the cavalry in a story at some point. Could be amazing if done correctly.
              Oh, the full Corps appearing when shit has hit the fan, Gandalf and the riders of Rohan style? That would be badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                Oh, the full Corps appearing when shit has hit the fan, Gandalf and the riders of Rohan style? That would be badass.
                Exactly. Two great examples are that scene at Helm's Deep and when the Rohirim arrive at the battle of Pellenor Fields in RoTK. Imagine the Corps doing that in a well laid out sequence with the right amount of build up?

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                  If it means anything, Sinestro is better than Lost Army. Dave, it's the drizzling shits.

Hey! That's MY line!

BTW, I agree that Sinestro is the better title. Probably the best of all of the current GL titles at the moment.

Comment

Well, if the "future look" of GL #20 is well and gone, that's one thing. It can still be brought back, if we're ever told what the ultra-super-power entity that hit the escape button on the GL rings was, followed by the Templar Guardians bringing the GLC back.

Hal on Earth, Carol on Earth
                    Simon on Earth
                    John in space with the GLC - who brings Fatality back as a Star Sapphire.
                    Guy in space - as the Red/Green hybrid. Not the RL leader.
                    Kyle in space - as the Torch Bearer, the White Lantern. Without Carol.
                    The GLC doing their own thing without constant supervision by the Earth Lanterns.
                    Bring back the Blue Lantern Corps.

Comment

I'm less surprised the book is ending than how abruptly it's ending. The concept always seemed like it could only go on so long without getting boring, even if they had them "Quantum Leap" into different universes and times as they attempted to get home. But you would think Bunn would have had at least a year before he had to worry about the book being cancelled. Very odd. Doesn't speak to the strength of the GL "family" right now in the DCU.

Speaking of Saint Walker, where is he? If he's rebuilding the Blues, then it makes sense he is missing in action, if not, shouldn't he have felt or noticed all the green leave the universe? If so, he should be drawn to Hal and the gauntlet. Considering how much Venditti says he loves Saint Walker, he sure doesn't do much with him.
                      "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                      Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                      Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                      who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                      to change the world. This time, Lord...
                      Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                        Well, if the "future look" of GL #20 is well and gone, that's one thing. It can still be brought back, if we're ever told what the ultra-super-power entity that hit the escape button on the GL rings was, followed by the Templar Guardians bringing the GLC back.

Hal on Earth, Carol on Earth
                        Simon on Earth
                        John in space with the GLC - who brings Fatality back as a Star Sapphire.
                        Guy in space - as the Red/Green hybrid. Not the RL leader.
                        Kyle in space - as the Torch Bearer, the White Lantern. Without Carol.
                        The GLC doing their own thing without constant supervision by the Earth Lanterns.
                        Bring back the Blue Lantern Corps.
                        I sort of agree, except I want Simon gone and Kyle on Earth. And nothing "special" about Kyle or anyone else. No Earth Lanterns supervising shit. No "Honor Guard" or any other specialness or hierarchy. Just Green Lanterns.

And the whole emotional spectrum flushed (preferably) or at least sent to Earth 3.
                        Trey Strain
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-16-2015, 05:38 PM.

Comment

HA! i seen this coming with issue #1

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                            HA! i seen this coming with issue #1
                            What do you see coming?

Comment

Originally posted by Foghorn Lantern View Post
                              What do you see coming?
                              it's in the title of this thread