No announcement yet.

Green Lantern: Edge of Oblivion by Tom Taylor and Ethan Van Sciver Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So maybe Baz was pulled there along with the rest of them and the audience just hasn't seen it yet? Makes sense.

And let me just throw this out there...this mini series could be a great time to kill Baz off. You know, for the sake of story needs of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      And let me just throw this out there...this mini series could be a great time to kill Baz off. You know, for the sake of story needs of course.
      And he can die like a punk with no purpose or honor (like being randomly stabbed in the back by an alien mugger or contracting an alien VD) . . . you know . . . for the story.

Comment

I rather they kill John. Just so I can see a certain person bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
          I rather they kill John. Just so I can see a certain person bitch.
          Quite petty aren't we?
          I don't ask this often, but how old are you? I seriously hope you aren't a grown man, because that would be too ridiculous.

Anyway, always happy to see those terrible John Stewart fans who essentially keep to themselves make such a difference in your life.
          Star-Lantern
          Weaponer of Qward
          Last edited by Star-Lantern; 10-20-2015, 09:30 PM.
          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
            Quite petty aren't we?
            I don't ask this often, but how old are you? I seriously hope you aren't a grown man, because that would be too ridiculous.

Anyway, always happy to see those terrible John Stewart fans who essentially keep to themselves make such a difference in your life.
            30 yr old grown black man.

And yes very petty, call me Petty Wap Desh.
            "Chosen"
            NOT his black friend
            Last edited by "Chosen"; 10-22-2015, 08:42 PM.

Comment

^You're not really black. A REAL black man wouldn't want to see what few heroes we have get killed. You must be mixed. That doesn't count!

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                ^You're not really black. A REAL black man wouldn't want to see what few heroes we have get killed. You must be mixed. That doesn't count!
                lol naw bruh 100% black dynamite. i just never cared about the color of my superheroes, however if John dies... he dies. I like Cyborg better right now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                  So maybe Baz was pulled there along with the rest of them and the audience just hasn't seen it yet? Makes sense.

Baz is still in the main universe, per Venditti.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                    Baz is still in the main universe, per Venditti.
                    I don't see anything in that article saying Baz is still in the main universe. I see it saying Hal told Baz to watch over his family, but that happened BEFORE the GLC disappeared. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see anything in that article to negate the possibility that Hal will return to Earth to find Baz missing, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      I don't see anything in that article saying Baz is still in the main universe. I see it saying Hal told Baz to watch over his family, but that happened BEFORE the GLC disappeared. Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see anything in that article to negate the possibility that Hal will return to Earth to find Baz missing, too.
                      Well, we haven't been shown that, but in the article (first answer), Venditti wrote "With the Green Lantern Corps gone and Baz still there, Hal is going back to Earth to check in on his family . . ."

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        Well, we haven't been shown that, but in the article (first answer), Venditti wrote "With the Green Lantern Corps gone and Baz still there, Hal is going back to Earth to check in on his family . . ."
                        ...aaaaand there's the bit I missed. Still, if Baz IS still there then there's some explaining to do as to how that is possible (and why he's on the cover of the miniseries).

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          ...aaaaand there's the bit I missed. Still, if Baz IS still there then there's some explaining to do as to how that is possible (and why he's on the cover of the miniseries).
                          Indeed. I don't get why they'd even go that route instead of just having him with the Lost Army.

Comment

Actually it would appear that Venditti can't keep his story straight, in his interview with Newsarama:

he's going to go back home and check on his family and make sure everything's OK if Simon Baz is missing.
                            and in his interview with CBR:

And now with Simon Baz gone, and his family unprotected, this felt like the right time.

Comment

It's probably more likely the 1st article wrote it up wrong, since he said Baz was gone the other two times (which makes more sense to begin with).
                              "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                              Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                              Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                              who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                              to change the world. This time, Lord...
                              Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
                                It's probably more likely the 1st article wrote it up wrong, since he said Baz was gone the other two times (which makes more sense to begin with).
                                Back in HS, I was interviewed by a handful of local papers (for a good thing) and it surprised me how many little misquotes and errors were in some of them. Then recently I got picked for an article about my LCS and that reporter misconstrued my buying habits. Never assume an article got things word perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X