Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion #1 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Ethan Van Sciver

11.11%
    0.00%
    55.56%
    22.22%
    11.11%

WW they went all out on the art........................ i may have to give this a look see

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'm surprised they didn't put a "And one of them shall surely DIE!" on the cover....

Comment

First read through, it does pick up from Lost Army, but more of the same, misadventures in space and time. I like EVS art, so that was cool. Not a lot of wise discussion among the GLs on their next move, they're a bit like the last couple mini-series, spinning around without a lot of information...

-Don
        “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

The best thing that happens with this issue is the conversation that EVS is having with John Stewart fans on CBR.

Comment

Squirrel jokes, so I'm good.

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
            The best thing that happens with this issue is the conversation that EVS is having with John Stewart fans on CBR.
            I boxed it already, please elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

I boxed it already, please elaborate.

I read the CBR conversation, I thought both the GL reviewer and EVS had a point. The GL reviewer hated the threads from GL: Lost Army were ignored (so far) and EVS drew the story he was contracted to draw. And EVS hated the two ring Guy Gardner idea either way.

Lost Army was terrible, but they should at least show a flashback panel somewhere in Edge of Oblivion to show a transition of characters, or something to show 'our story so far.'

And rage and will combo Guy was weird and not making sense, I am not sure I need that explained or just to pretend I didn't see it. Lots of comic book moments like that.

Marvel and DC have a thing the last 4-5 years where continuity of any kind (issue to issue, relaunch to relaunch, GL Hal versus JLA Hal) is optional, so I'm not surprised two writers are approaching the missing Green Lantern Corps in different ways.

-Don
              “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

You can read the exchange here: http://community.comicbookresources....Thread/page234

Comment

I didn't realize CBR was this talkative about GL.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    I didn't realize CBR was this talkative about GL.
                    It's only 3 or 4 people in the John Stewart thread. Desh, posts here are Star Lantern.

Comment

What I found was interesting was Cullen Bunn not knowing a 2nd series was being done until apparently Ethan told him he was drawing it.

Comment

I'm getting my first issue of this one in the mail tomorrow from TFAW.

I was first really looking forward to this as a continuation of Lost Army (and the deeper insight into John as a character), plus I'm a big fan of Sciver's art. When I first found out that it wasn't exactly a continuation I was at first a little angry, but Ethan himself showed up on the CBR board and explained the cool things about it, so now I'm back to being enthused. I just wish there would have been more about John, it's baffling to me they would mostly cut short what was going on with the character development there. But hey, it's the GLC so wild horses couldn't drag me away.

Comment

Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                          I'm getting my first issue of this one in the mail tomorrow from TFAW.

I was first really looking forward to this as a continuation of Lost Army (and the deeper insight into John as a character), plus I'm a big fan of Sciver's art. When I first found out that it wasn't exactly a continuation I was at first a little angry, but Ethan himself showed up on the CBR board and explained the cool things about it, so now I'm back to being enthused. I just wish there would have been more about John, it's baffling to me they would mostly cut short what was going on with the character development there. But hey, it's the GLC so wild horses couldn't drag me away.
                          Yep. Hal got me into GL (and DC comics generally), but the concept of a corps of alien space cops kept me in. I'm eager too and generally liked this issue. Loved the art. Pop back in when you've read it and don't forget to vote.

Comment

Haven't read Lost Army and only picked this up because of the Van Sciver art.

It was an okay read. Pretty typical of the bland stories in GL the last couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                              Haven't read Lost Army and only picked this up because of the Van Sciver art.

It was an okay read. Pretty typical of the bland stories in GL the last couple years.
                              I'd say that the Ethan art alone is a great reason. I had mixed feelings about the Lost Army story when I first bought them as a lot. Upon second reading I really, really liked it, especially the character study on John...I wanted more.

No, I can't count the Lost Army story as being Blackest Night, Sinestro Corps war, or the Tomasi/Pasarin Corps run...but in my eyes not too much is.

Comment

Working...
                              X