Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if John partnered up with a Blue Lantern...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I guess I didn't get that. I figured he overcame fear (yellow) and then was able to cut through the machine.

But if it was through rage that he did that.... how did he do it with a green ring? Interesting thought. But off topic for this thread.
    For what shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Everybody who lives dies, but not everybody who dies has lived - No Fear

Comment

Originally posted by Joefavre View Post
      (I mean he destroyed Xanshi in the first place).
      Beeep!!! You're wrong. Xanshi wasn't destroyed by John Stewart. It was destroyed by a blink bomb, and John wasn't able to prevent it because the bomb was painted yellow.

Comment

Makes me wonder why Fataliti did not killed that member of the Sinestro Corps who loved those kind of bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
          Makes me wonder why Fataliti did not killed that member of the Sinestro Corps who loved those kind of bombs.
          It was no member of the Sinestro Corps. It happend in the four part DC Novel "Cosmic Oddyssey" of the year 1988

See wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Odyssey_(comics))

But nevertheless you're absolutely right with this question. Fatality should have projected her anger to anyone else than to the Green Lantern Corps. Which was by the way not existant at this DC time period because the Main Battery on Oa was destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosaic View Post
            Beeep!!! You're wrong. Xanshi wasn't destroyed by John Stewart. It was destroyed by a blink bomb, and John wasn't able to prevent it because the bomb was painted yellow.
            Oooops....you are absolutely right. Got confused at a minute with the show

I'd like to weigh in on the "Hal was full of rage thing" as well. I've always viewed that more as extremely willful than rage filled. Just my interpretation.

Comment

Hi Im New Here. Being A BIG JOhn FAn. Well i dun knw any1 of U guys notice the Black Symbol on his GL chest in e latest Corps teaser... Iz it goin 2 b A Hind tat of FAv hero "off the Book'. I Sure HOpe Im Dead Wrong... Reali wan Johns 2 Explore More Bout Steward's tot N Unique Powers Of John Stewart~!!! Give HIm A 1-shot Origin! His DAmn GooD~!
              Let Ther Be LIGHT! Evil Beware My Powers!!!

Comment

i think guy and hal both have more will than john.....hal went through the corps when posessed by parallax ....he was able to bring down the corps......but maybe you could chalk that up to parallax.......so we go to the facts hal and guy were both chosen by the ring before john you cant argue with the ring ....i still like john though
                TEN_RINGS
                Senior Corps Member
                Last edited by TEN_RINGS; 06-26-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I didn't see that scene as them telling us that John has greater willpower than Hal. Just because he was willing the ring to do something outside of it's power doesn't mean that Guy, Hal, or Kyle couldn't do the same. That was a very minor detail to the rest of the story. You'd think if they were going to point out something that big about a character that they'd play it up a little more. Make a bigger deal out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lokeinlyesmith View Post
                    I didn't see that scene as them telling us that John has greater willpower than Hal. Just because he was willing the ring to do something outside of it's power doesn't mean that Guy, Hal, or Kyle couldn't do the same. That was a very minor detail to the rest of the story. You'd think if they were going to point out something that big about a character that they'd play it up a little more. Make a bigger deal out of it.
                    Except Hal, Guy, and Kyle have never done that before.

And I think that scene is important because there is nothing Johns love more than to leave these tiny little nuggets of info that will foreshadow an upcoming story one or two years down the road.

Like Ganthet and his talk of hope overcoming fear a year before any mention of a blue corps, or Black Hand talking about death being the absence of light, Hammond and his orange aura, Sinestro telling Hal rage overcomes will, etc...

The title has been full of this kind of stuff since Geoff took over the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
                      Except Hal, Guy, and Kyle have never done that before.
                      I dunno, man, just because they haven't tried it yet doesn't mean it wouldn't have the same effect if they did try it. I just don't see the reasoning behind giving John that. In fact, if you think about it, he's not GAINING anything. They're putting a limit on him. No one else's ring says "Sorry, you can't do that." These rings are limited only by the willpower and imagination of the wearer. So if John's willpower is enough, his imagination must not have been. Or he has an inferior ring.

Comment

Or his will was greater than the limits of the ring just like it said.

Johns loves putting these little pieces of info for future stories here and there all the time. Or else they never would have wasted the space putting the scene there in the first place.

Comment

Or his will was greater than the limits of the ring just like it said.
                          Absolutely!

Johns loves putting these little pieces of info for future stories here and there all the time. Or else they never would have wasted the space putting the scene there in the first place.
                          Really? Is that Johns style?

Comment

When coast city was destroyed HAL tried to resurrect it, he couldnt do it though since he lacked the power he did not lack the will to do it, just the power. so after that hal had to seek more power.

Comment

Hal has so far never exceeded the willpower of the ring, John has. Therefore greater will.

Imo, John did this feat because he was a bit emo. joke

and did John ressurect anything ? no he didnt, he only reconstructed.

Hal also did reconstruct (was emo back then coz of the destruction of Coast city), but (parallax era - 90s) the power ring's juice is not enough for what hal is doing

well anyway a lot has changed with the power ring's capability and the power it siphons from the cpb

and this feat of John doesnt really say that his willpower is greater than Hal's.

Hal hasnt tried this, so theres no proof. maybe when Hal is sad or angry ehhe

btw, John didnt use this "exceeding willpower" during SCW. remember that.

also , this feat of John - - its just like a person, letting out his frustrations , shouting at the top of his lungs

it just tells us that he has enormous willpower and it tells that he is really a worthy GL. or nothing at all hehe

Comment

.....would that make him the most powerful lantern out there? He has a willpower that exceeds Hal and Hal can do crazy stuff like make constructs with a Red ring.

Hypothetically speaking, say he hooks up with a BL Merayn somehow (I don't know how) would the pair be capable of Kyle/Ion type feats around the universe? Could they be the ones to actually stop Superboy Prime if needed?

And while I'm on the subject I think John could seriously use a Hope inspiring love interest. Since the guy is still feeling guilty about Xanshii and probably feels rather hopeless himself.
                                Dude I totally agree with you, i mean it is my opinion and i do believe that if he teamed up with a powerful BL they would be an almost unstoppable duo

Comment

Working...
                                X