No announcement yet.

Kyle as the White Lantern...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Kyle is the only character that can change his MO and work. He was doing GREAT as Ion 2.0 then the ideas of giant yellow grasshoppers flooded Geoff's brain and had him come up with the idea of entities for everybody. He worked as Ion twice, he made a cool Parallax, and the idea of him becoming a Blue or a White or even a Starheart powered hero is just as interesting to some of us who think he can live outside the shadow of Hal Jordan.

If you don't like the idea why even bother posting in the thread?

~KL~

Comment

I like kyle as a Green Lantern, He could probably pull off the whole Green blue hybrid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BF62pYelLU

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post

~KL~
        I've avoided posting for awhile, and started responses that were so negative and angry that I would have been banned. I was hoping that my post would be the last and this thread could just die.

And yes, I realize that posting again just keeps it going.

Comment

Here we go... take two! [use take 2]

~KL~

Comment

i agree he needs something special not because we kyle fans want to see it but because it seems as though that is where every writer takes him there is just something about his character that gravitates to something more then just a gl while yes he makes a godo gl there is more to him then that.

Comment

Originally posted by ion.nai View Post
              Kyle should have been kept as Ion.
              The story had so much potential.
              I agree with this. The color spectrum will come and go but Kyle was best as Ion. I say give him this back, he deserves to be and remain the Torchbearer

Comment

yeah that was defintely something they shouldn't have taken away it just fits with his character

Comment

yup i agree they should give ion back.

Comment

I agree that Kyle was and IS the greatest green lantern. don't get me wrong i do think that hal is a good one but there is something about kyle that you can't help but notice...he's an artist. anything he thinks of the ring creates. Being an artist gives him the ability to creat things that no other gl would think of. Hal is just a pilot most of his ring constructs are good but that's it. they're just good. not great. And john stewart is a lame character i mean come on a us marine. and he is supposed to have great ring constructs yea f***ing right.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Power_of_WillPrevails View Post
                      ...he's an artist.
                      Whooptie-la-la.

The rings and constructs are built through Willpower. And Kyle, frankly, I question. Whether or not he has DEVELOPED willpower through his tenure as GL is debatable. He may be at GL-standards now; I'll concede that much.

But beginning out as a GL? He wasn't chosen by a ring or Mogo. He showed no great display of willpower. You take Guy, Hal, John, and Kyle their first day as rookies, let them go at it, and Kyle would have been stomped. He was just THERE. As far as I'm concerned, he's an ACCIDENT. Kinda like giving Sinestro a ring(except Sinestro had/has balls). One more "oops" made by a Smurf in a red robe.

John Stewart is an awesome character, he just needs a writer worth a damn to take him where he needs to be. He's got huge potential to be a big contender in the DCU. I don't feel he's ever gotten his due, except for maybe in the Mosaic run. But wasn't that canceled before it got a chance to really get going?

Comment

Yo.

Because Kyle is the only character that can change his MO and work. He was doing GREAT as Ion 2.0 then the ideas of giant yellow grasshoppers flooded Geoff's brain and had him come up with the idea of entities for everybody. He worked as Ion twice, he made a cool Parallax, and the idea of him becoming a Blue or a White or even a Starheart powered hero is just as interesting to some of us who think he can live outside the shadow of Hal Jordan.

just a question: aside from saving the Oans, wat else had Kyle done as Ion 2.0 that was "great"??

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

he made a cool Parallax,
                          I totally missed this.

Cool Parallax? He made a LAME ASS Parallax! He sat inside of Parry and cried about his Mommy! Hal got possessed and did terrible things, but he didn't sit inside and go "wah wah wah", the things Parallax did were things that HAL came up with. When Parry got Kyle, nothing Parry did as Kyle was driven by Kyle's mind at all. In fact, I think they totally botched that entire ordeal. Kyle was never possessed by Parallax; just trapped inside. Hal was POSSESSED.

I don't BLAME Kyle for his Parallax encounter being crap, but it was. I think they totally dropped the ball. With Hal, Parallax took what Hal thought and perverted it, and made Hal think it was himself doing all those things. But with Kyle, Kyle knew the whole time it wasn't him. And what Parallax did had nothing to do with Kyle. It turned into Parallax getting back at Hal. Going after his family and Coast City. Pfft. That could have been ANYONE in Parallax, and had nothing to do with Kyle. Killing Jack T. Chance? Again, nothing to do with Kyle. Everyone knew it was Parallax, not Kyle, when they fought him. NO ONE blamed Kyle the way they blamed Hal. And some of them STILL blame Hal. Kyle got a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Comment

Excuse me if I find this confusing, but wasn't just when Kyle turned into Parallax that Parallax was retconned into being a angry yellow ant..?

If it's so, hardly Kyle's fault if him and Parallax acted as separate beings while Hal/Parallax was a twisted-and-brought-to-the-extreme Hal. Hal/Parallax was never supposed to be a human possessed by the entity of fear he was just Hal gone crazy.

I know it's cool to hate on v.3 and watch everything in retrospect keeping the geoffconned reality as a standard but that's hardly usefull to make effective comparisons. In fact, the two story are told so differently I can't make any.

I agree that Hal/Parallax was much more fascinating, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Levy View Post
                              Excuse me if I find this confusing, but wasn't just when Kyle turned into Parallax that Parallax was retconned into being a angry yellow ant..?

If it's so, hardly Kyle's fault if him and Parallax acted as separate beings while Hal/Parallax was a twisted-and-brought-to-the-extreme Hal. Hal/Parallax was never supposed to be a human possessed by the entity of fear he was just Hal gone crazy.

I know it's cool to hate on v.3 and watch everything in retrospect keeping the geoffconned reality as a standard but that's hardly usefull to make effective comparisons. In fact, the two story are told so differently I can't make any.

I agree that Hal/Parallax was much more fascinating, though.

When they retconned Parallax into a bug, I took from that simply that, possessing Hal the way he did was just how the possession worked. Twisting the mind of the possessed, making them believe that they were doing what they wanted to do. And if that's the case, the 'possession' of Hal and Kyle worked totally differently.

Either way, people blame(d) Hal for what Parallax did when Hal was possessed. No one batted an eye at Kyle.

Comment

The only way I could make the two things work on a common ground is that while Hal wanted a second chance to fix his failure, Kyle just wanted to be left alone. Hal desperately wanted, even subconciously, to actively use the power Parallax could provide him and this brought Parallax to him, while Kyle was brought to Paralax in a moment he was weak and helpless enough to be overcome by it.

Not a fan of the concept of the entities as a whole, but since this is how things are now, this is the best explanation I can come up with.

People as the characters in the story or the fans...?

If you mean the characters you can excuse that saying that while Hal was the first one to be possessed so none had an explanation for his wrong doings, the second time Hal was around to shout everyone "not the kid's fault!! it's the fucking yellow bug" - even if he didn't in the story is an acceptable explanation.

If you talk about the fans don't ask me, I don't know why people blame characters to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X