Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Kyle Hook Up With Carol?!? He does.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought there was some mention of her, but I could be wrong.

Comment

• There's gonna be a story soon in NG where she hooks up with some kind of badass GL that's the anti-Kyle. Bedard spoke of it awhile back in an interview....

~KL~

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
        On the off-chance that it is Carol in the New Guardians book, what would it do to the GLU if Kyle had a fling with Hal's ex? I don't think it would be as meaningless as Tempest hooking up with Dolphin in the Aquaman books, and I could see Guy giving Hal hell for Kyle stealing his main squeeze.
        ummmm, didnt he *marry* Dolphin?

I _never_ got the idea that he considered their relationship meaningless.........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• It was meaningless as far as I can remember for Aquaman. It happened and it's like he didn't even give it a second thought. If one of my best friends tried hooking up with my wife after a split, there would be a lot more emotions and words... probably even a few fists flying here and there.

~KL~

Comment

• A lot of things are meaningless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
              Yeah younger guys hook up with older women all the time, especially one's probably old enough to be there mother! It's a scary thought that's for sure!
              I doubt there is really that much of an age difference anymore. Johns' has confirmed that Hal is about 30. I wouldn't be surprised if Carol,Guy and John are in that region too. I think Kyle is early-mid 20s. So really really much of an age difference. I wouldn't classify Carol as a pedo or cradle robber [like Hal with Arisia before she was retconned to be over 200 years old] if some hack at DC thinks putting Carol and Kyle together is a good idea.

Comment

• I don't like the idea of Kyle and Carol together. And I don't think they will be. Carol will have her own motives for keeping the Star Sapphire ring on. Hal and Sinestro may be dead when we finish reading the Annual. Or in deep hiding. Or captured and being held on Oa. Even so, Carol wants Hal back. This battle may be necessary for her to get him back. (She may even be pregnant with Hal's child by the time #13 comes out, who knows?) With what's happening in the "merger" of Fatality and Bleez, she's filling the gap in the line in the New Guardians. That's the primary story.

If one accepts that ANY of the pre-New 52 continuity is still valid (a dubious premise, at best), Kyle and Carol know each other from Hal's funeral ("I'm sorry for your loss...") and from a few other chance encounters, doppleganger switches, and run-ins. Chemistry just wasn't there. Why would it be now?

The way things are going in the DC Universe, maybe Kyle should fall for Larfleeze.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

• Are you suggesting that Kyle is gay?

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                    It was meaningless as far as I can remember for Aquaman. It happened and it's like he didn't even give it a second thought. If one of my best friends tried hooking up with my wife after a split, there would be a lot more emotions and words... probably even a few fists flying here and there.
                    maybe thats how Arthur regarded *his* relationship w/her, but Tempest never did as such. and besides, the guy was just looking for an excuse to hook back up w/Mera anyways.........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                      There's gonna be a story soon in NG where she hooks up with some kind of badass GL that's the anti-Kyle. Bedard spoke of it awhile back in an interview....

~KL~
                      I'd like to see this interview. I find love triangles to be a waste of time. Relationship drama is not the reason I read GL. I also think Kyle respects Hal too much to do something like that. If you really want Kyle to hook up with someone he still has Bleez and Fatality. And if you still want something even less important get Larfleeze to bring out one of his female clones for Kyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
                        Even so, Carol wants Hal back.
                        She may have some Competition there......

Yeah. I'm Evil! I admit it.
                        Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

• Nononononoo.....Noooo....Nuh uh. Kyle and Carol aren't compatible... Different interests, different personalities, plus if Kyle becomes friends with Hal again, he'd never hook up with the ex of a buddy. That's just not in him.

Plus i don't want it to happen. Ever since the reboot happened i feel like the writers are pushing relationships and sex so hard to the point that plot takes a back seat. I'm all for sex and romance in a book, but only if the couple makes sense and happens because the couple have mutual interests and stuff. If Kyle hooked up with Carol it'd only be sex and romance for the sake of drama and fanservice.
                          "Just smile politely and nod and they'll let me go back to my videogames."

Comment

• Originally posted by lantern-harmony View Post
                            Nononononoo.....Noooo....Nuh uh. Kyle and Carol aren't compatible... Different interests, different personalities, plus if Kyle becomes friends with Hal again, he'd never hook up with the ex of a buddy. That's just not in him.

Plus i don't want it to happen. Ever since the reboot happened i feel like the writers are pushing relationships and sex so hard to the point that plot takes a back seat. I'm all for sex and romance in a book, but only if the couple makes sense and happens because the couple have mutual interests and stuff. If Kyle hooked up with Carol it'd only be sex and romance for the sake of drama and fanservice.
                            Same with superman and wonder woman then. They'll probably have batman date Lois Lane, saint walker date bleez, and catwoman date that new Arabic green lantern.
                            Originally posted by IonFan
                            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                            Originally posted by Quaker
                            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern2814.20850 View Post
                              She may have some Competition there......

Yeah. I'm Evil! I admit it.
                              Arh! What a cute couple! They're praticly married already, they share a book, why not a bed?
                              Originally posted by IonFan
                              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                              Originally posted by Quaker
                              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                                Arh! What a cute couple! They're praticly married already, they share a book, why not a bed?
                                *rolls around laughing* I agree with Deadpool!
                                "Just smile politely and nod and they'll let me go back to my videogames."

Comment

Working...
                                X