Green Lantern: New Guardians #20 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
    I think the Indigo ring can only briefly tap into other emotions and channel them. If you mastered the entire spectrum, like Kyle did, then you could use any or all of the emotions whenever you felt them on your own. I assume you meant along these lines, not the more basic differences like teleporting and forcing its bearer to feel compassion if he/she didn't already.
    My point was that indigos are Lite White Lanterns, it makes them less unique. And making permenant white constructs like the first lantern made does not seem to be sticking around.

I also thought healing was part of ht power of hope. Kyle used hope in his first issue to control the spectrum.

Comment

Healing was definitely also a Blue power, certainly since Blue is the only color that can cure a Red Lantern infection
      "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
      Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
      Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
      who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
      to change the world. This time, Lord...
      Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
        My point was that indigos are Lite White Lanterns, it makes them less unique. And making permenant white constructs like the first lantern made does not seem to be sticking around.
        Indigos aren't light Whites. Kyle can access other emotions, other White Lanterns could not. Kyle just happens to be a White Lantern in addition to that.
        The last fan of 1990s comics
        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
          Indigos aren't light Whites. Kyle can access other emotions, other White Lanterns could not. Kyle just happens to be a White Lantern in addition to that.
          Yeah, Kyle is a different kind (retconned?) of White Lantern. The previous ones were all resurrected by the WL with the exception of avatar. That aspect is apparently completely gone.

But no worries, mere Green Lantern rings can resurrect the dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Yeah, Kyle is a different kind (retconned?) of White Lantern. The previous ones were all resurrected by the WL with the exception of avatar. That aspect is apparently completely gone.

But no worries, mere Green Lantern rings can resurrect the dead.
            (My memory is rusty on these events but... )

I never considered them to be White Lanterns, I always saw it before as one of two things

1. What you are wearing when you are brought back to life by the Entity

2. Whenever someone accomplished a mission and got the costume for a moment I just saw it as the Entity talking to them.

Only three people seemed to exhibit odd powers (to my memory) after their resurrections. Aquaman with the dead fish, which I thought was associated with him being Black Lantern, Captain Boomerang that made construct boomerangs (I can't remember if it was Black Lantern or White Lantern created) and Jade which I think was just related to standard Star Heart shenanigans. In all of these cases none of them wore actual rings

The only people who don't fit into this category were Sinestro, Deadman, Batman, Baz and Kyle. All wore rings beside Sinestro who just absorbed the actual entity.

Comment

Review. http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...-guardians-20/
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I would say every person who has or has the potential to become a white lantern has different abilities. It seems to come from the persons outlook on life.

Comment

Read this number right now, god was boooring. GLC #20 wasn't good, but this was even worse and I hope that all this white lantern stuff is over really soon. For me it was or would be ok to transform in extreme situations or so, but having Kyle always be a white lantern sucks.

Comment

Working...
                  X