Is This Kilowog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Sorry, that's just a lame excuse. If it's legitimate, REVEAL THE SOURCE. This kind of info is too easy to fake. So reveal what you know. Otherwise, again, smoke out the ass, nothing more.

I'm assuming you're the writer for that blog. Linking to this thread as a source of verification, because West said they were official concept art? Sorry, but that does NOT count as verification of anything. Right now, until a legitimate source is named, this thread is only SPECULATION, nothing more.
    Who said West isn't legit?

Anyway, I may be protecting my brother's friend's uncle's cousin's son from losing their job...or maybe not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...it-587289.html

stingerman
    Fatality's Blacksmith
    Last edited by stingerman; 01-26-2010, 08:15 PM.
    - Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

Sorry, that's just a lame excuse. If it's legitimate, REVEAL THE SOURCE. This kind of info is too easy to fake. So reveal what you know. Otherwise, again, smoke out the ass, nothing more.

I'm assuming you're the writer for that blog. Linking to this thread as a source of verification, because West said they were official concept art? Sorry, but that does NOT count as verification of anything. Right now, until a legitimate source is named, this thread is only SPECULATION, nothing more.
      No journalism should EVER reveal their source, and you should be slapped for asking him to because that is common knowledge. But I am no form of verification. I am simply acknowledging that I (albeit some many months ago) was informed that these and the rest are official.

Comment

Hot damn! I have to say, if those are real, then it's spot on. Tomar Re looks perfect, as well as Abin. While I don't think Kilowog is perfect, he's damned close.

And the costumes look pretty good. I kinda hope for white gloves, but I'd be plenty happy with these designs, they're mostly classic designs with extra detail and most importantly an accurate lantern symbol and no armor

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
          No journalism should EVER reveal their source, and you should be slapped for asking him to because that is common knowledge. But I am no form of verification. I am simply acknowledging that I (albeit some many months ago) was informed that these and the rest are official.
          You clearly don't get it, so allow me to explain it: MOST bloggers merely REPOST information they've found elsewhere on the internet. They aren't journalists in the traditional sense, and in the case of movie news, they're usually not reporting information from a confidential source that needs to be protected. Again, most of the time, bloggers are just repeating a story found elsewhere. So when I say "reveal the source", what I am ACTUALLY saying is "POST THE LINK TO THE SITE THIS INFORMATION CAME FROM ORIGINALLY." Because 99 times out of 100, that blogger was just repeating someone else's story.

Now then, if he IS privy to confidential information from an inside source, he needs to do a few things:
          1. Clearly state that this is a story exclusive to his blog, a story that he's breaking.
          2. He needs to clearly state that this info came from a source whose identity is being protected because it's a source within the production and they could get in trouble for violating a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
          3. NAME THE ARTIST(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONCEPT IMAGES. That's just giving credit where credit is due, and thus is always the right thing to do.
          Any blogger that has any knowledge whatsoever about what it means to be a responsible journalist would already have done these things.
          Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
          Hot damn! I have to say, if those are real, then it's spot on. Tomar Re looks perfect, as well as Abin. While I don't think Kilowog is perfect, he's damned close.

And the costumes look pretty good. I kinda hope for white gloves, but I'd be plenty happy with these designs, they're mostly classic designs with extra detail and most importantly an accurate lantern symbol and no armor
          I like Abin, Kilowog looks good, but I don't like Tomar-Re. His beak just looks weird in that art. Reminds me of something else I've seen that also looked a little weird... maybe one of the aliens in Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials or something.
          Jack T. Chance
          Really knows where his towel is!
          Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 01-26-2010, 11:45 PM. Reason: Correcting typos...

Comment

Man this is good stuff.....love Tomar and Kilowog....Abin Sur is perfect. Not too sure about the uniforms. Hope Hal's is closer to the originals.

Leonidas:

The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
              Umm...thats not true lol. I've been involved with journalism for about 5 years now, and I would have received a failing grade if I never revealed a source

Comment

Originally posted by SmurfLantern View Post
                Man this is good stuff.....love Tomar and Kilowog....Abin Sur is perfect. Not too sure about the uniforms. Hope Hal's is closer to the originals.
                I wouldn't be surprised if Ngila does her own thing, as in, concept art is one thing, actually producing it is another entirely.

Comment

You clearly don't get it, so allow me to explain it: MOST bloggers merely REPOST information they've found elsewhere on the internet. They aren't journalists in the traditional sense, and in the case of movie news, they're usually not reporting information from a confidential source that needs to be protected. Against, most of the time, bloggers are just repeating a story found elsewhere. So when I say "reveal the source", what I am ACTUALLY saying is "POST THE LINK TO THE SITE THIS INFORMATION CAME FROM ORIGINALLY." Because 99 times out of 100, that blogger was just repeating someone else's story.

Now then, if he IS privy to confidential information from an inside source, he needs to do a couple things:
                  1. Clearly state that this is a story exclusive to his blog, a story that he's breaking.
                  2. He needs to clearly state that this info came from a source whose identity is being protected because it's a source within the production and they could get in trouble for violating a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
                  3. NAME THE ARTIST(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONCEPT IMAGES. That's just giving credit where credit is due, and thus is always the right thing to do.
                  Any blogger that has any knowledge whatsoever about what it means to be a responsible journalist would already have done these things.
                  Hell, I don't remember who the artist is! lol All I can remember being under an embargo to not distribute, which I obviously broke to help his story. Obviously my word doesn't make it official, though I'd like to believe my own source for these images is not a liar. Seeing how long it took for these to pop up again, kind of makes me feel even better about his honesty.

There are no statistics on bloggers man. There are just too many to keep track of. The Green Lantern Spotlight Podcast breaks news that some people don't learn about or report for months, because like you said, we also repost news from other media outlets. Its certainly possible for him to be breaking this news. I don't know where he got his Kilowog art from, but sometimes you just can't reveal more details than what you have already stated (re: Selena Roberts/Alex Rodriguez)

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
                    Goodness gracious...those are damn near perfect.

now im really excited for this movie.
                    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if Ngila does her own thing, as in, concept art is one thing, actually producing it is another entirely.
                      Ngila?!?

Comment

Ngila Dickson, the costume designer.

Comment

You clearly don't get it, so allow me to explain it: MOST bloggers merely REPOST information they've found elsewhere on the internet. They aren't journalists in the traditional sense, and in the case of movie news, they're usually not reporting information from a confidential source that needs to be protected. Again, most of the time, bloggers are just repeating a story found elsewhere. So when I say "reveal the source", what I am ACTUALLY saying is "POST THE LINK TO THE SITE THIS INFORMATION CAME FROM ORIGINALLY." Because 99 times out of 100, that blogger was just repeating someone else's story.

Now then, if he IS privy to confidential information from an inside source, he needs to do a few things:
                          Any blogger that has any knowledge whatsoever about what it means to be a responsible journalist would already have done these things. I like Abin, Kilowog looks good, but I don't like Tomar-Re. His beak just looks weird in that art. Reminds me of something else I've seen that also looked a little weird... maybe one of the aliens in Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials or something.
                          I don't consider it a "blog" as blogs are typically run by one individual who updates one basic page.

CosmicBookNews.com has an Editor/Publisher, Managing Editor, Contributing Editor in addition to almost a dozen other contributing writers.

Its not someone else's story. I would give credit where credit is due. Comicbookmovies.com gave us credit for the story.

Don't be pissed just 'cause we beat everyone else to the punch.

Its a confidential source for a reason. The story was run this way for a reason as well...
                          stingerman
                          Fatality's Blacksmith
                          Last edited by stingerman; 01-27-2010, 12:12 AM.
                          - Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

Ngila?!?
                            Ngila Dickson, Green Lantern costume designer, won an Academy Award for her work on Lord of the Rings

Comment

Kilowog, Tomar Re and Abin Sur look awesome and if that is how the Green Lantern Costume is going to look like in the movie on Tomar Re than that is going to be extremely awesome!
                              No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

i love the gl suit desighn for hal . kilowag looks awsome also i cant wait to see the finished version
                                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                X