Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^That or Teen Titans. Teen Titans would be really smart to play repeats of since they're going to be producing Teen Titans Go. Of course, I wouldn't expect Cartoon Network to make a smart move.
    MEH

Comment

• Wait, wait, wait, I thought DC/WB had bought Milestone lock stock and barrel back in the 90's. The entire company as well as all the ownership rights, patents and intellectual properties the company had. Which if that is the case. Why are they negotiating with a devision of their own company for right's it already holds?

Am I mistaken or am I missing somthing completely?

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Looks like it was a partnership, not a buyout.

Unlike Wildstorm, whose properties were bought by DC Comics, Milestone Media retained the copyright of their properties.

Fundamental to Milestone’s agreement with DC was they would not relinquish any of the legal or creative rights to their work. Throughout the negotiations, Milestone, and their lawyers, insisted on three basic points: (1) that they would retain total creative control; (2) that they would retain all copyrights for characters under the Milestone banner; and (3) that they would have the final say on all merchandising and licensing deals pertaining to their properties. In essence, DC had in effect licensed the characters, editorial services, and creative content of the Milestone books for an annual fee and a share of the profits

Comment

• Is that cover the only "proof"? Cutting out characters to put in desired text has been going on since the birth of comics. Is thing the only thing fueling this idea?

Comment

• Its conjecture, but its the only thing I've seen that shows a reason behind pulling the whole block.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
              Its conjecture, but its the only thing I've seen that shows a reason behind pulling the whole block.
              Yeah but I believe it isn't the reason for the block being pulled.

And I have a feeling that Cartoon Network's reason for pulling DC nation will be most likely be stupid.
              Mister.Weirdo
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 10-25-2012, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Why? That's not a good sign at all.

Boomerang is the home for cancelled / old cartoons.

Comment

• And a lot of people may not have it.
                  The last fan of 1990s comics
                  Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• oh this is just f@cked up

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                      And a lot of people may not have it.
                      Yeah. Dish Network made it part of their premium package several years ago. I've just learned to deal without.

Comment

• “Young Justice” Confirmed Joining Boomerang Line-Up Starting November 2012
                        A representative for Cartoon Network has confirmed that – beginning Saturday, November 3rd, 2012 – Young Justice will be part of the Boomerang network line-up. The animated series was recently removed from the Cartoon Network schedule – along with Green Lantern: The Animated Series and the entire DC Nation programming block both series were a part of – for unexplained reasons earlier this month. The removal of DC Nation – and its accompanying programming – caused an uproar among creators working on the programs and fans. Two back-to-back episodes of Young Justice will air Saturday nights at 9:00pm (ET/PT) on Boomerang.

The episode “Misplaced” will air November 3rd, 2012 at 9:00pm (ET/PT), followed by “Coldhearted” at 9:30pm (ET/PT). The remainder of the November 2012 airing schedule is set for release later this week.

According to the Cartoon Network representative, adding Young Justice to the network line-up is being done to allow fans and viewers to get caught up with the series before the return of the DC Nation programming block come January 2013 on Cartoon Network. Young Justice is currently not being considered a permanent addition to the network schedule. There is currently no official confirmation if Green Lantern: The Animated Series will also join the Boomerang network line-up.

Starting November 3rd, 2012, two back-to-back episodes of Young Justice will air Saturday nights at 9:00pm (ET/PT) on Boomerang. Boomerang is the specialty spin-off channel from Cartoon Network, airing a wide selection of animated shows from the Time-Warner and Cartoon Network library.

Comment

• That's even worse news.

Comment

• According to the Cartoon Network representative, adding Young Justice to the network line-up is being done to allow fans and viewers to get caught up with the series before the return of the DC Nation programming block come January 2013 on Cartoon Network.
                            That sounds like a crock.

Comment

• There is currently no official confirmation if Green Lantern: The Animated Series will also join the Boomerang network line-up.
                              No official confirmation? It's on the schedule. Granted, we've already discovered that schedules can't be trusted...

And while we're at it, their reasoning is totally nonsensical. They are doing this so viewers can get "caught up" before the show returns in January on CN?

Hmmm.... let's see if we can think of a better way of doing that... hmmm....maybe showing the reruns on the SAME network, so you can be SURE that people that might watch in January can actually see them...and so that CN viewers won't forget that the DC Nation Block still exists when it is totally missing for three months...

Naaah. That's crazy talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X