2nd viewing better than first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Thanks!

I couldn't remember the flash of Hal regaining his composure and then flash of the floor/room where Hector was.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by War of Light Vet View Post
      I actually saw it for the fourth time today, 3D,2D, 3D & 3D and I keep enjoying the crap out of this film. I know objectively I think it could use some more characterization in the form of Hammond and how he relates to Hal and Carol, or why Abin Sur is flying a ship, and I'd love to see some more battles. But honestly, this film is like my cinematic crack. I know its not seen as 'up to par' by critics and people alike but its a fun watch.

I havent gotten tired of seeing it and everytime I pick up on something else, first I'm pretty sure the sabre is actually Martin Jordan's plane model, not his call sign, (Think Blue Angels) The lanterns who get killed by Parallax in Sinestro's squadron are G'Hu, Green Man, Isamot Kol and Rot Lop Fan, When Hammond comes back to his home from crashing the helicopter, he brushes off the contents of his desk and on the floor is a Pokemon Gameboy Advance Cartridge, Jason Jordan has a poster of the Freak (Tim Lincecum) in his bedroom among other MLB photos (Thats why they thank MLB in the credits), Coast City license plates, picked up a lot more on dialogue too.
      You really do see so much on second viewings. My son noticed that Hector was playing "Starcraft 2" in one scene.

I'm definitely going to see this in 2D this weekend for my third time. Probably try to see it a fourth time before it leaves the theaters. I can't wait for the blu-ray so I can pause the OA scenes.

Yes there was a lot of care and detail in this movie. Check out my old post from last July 29-30 with some of the photos I took from the city street parallax fight scene: http://thegreenlanterncorps.com/foru...t=6883&page=72

Also here is one of the car plate photos I took that day at the end of July 2010:

IMG_0167.jpg

There are endless details to look for when you are watching the movie.

Comment

Saw it three times this past weekend going again tomorrow after work I'm loving it more every time I see it always wear the "colors" to each showing might see it 3d tomorrow to keep an alternating pattern going.
        Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Originally posted by fightoned View Post
          You really do see so much on second viewings. My son noticed that Hector was playing "Starcraft 2" in one scene.

I'm definitely going to see this in 2D this weekend for my third time. Probably try to see it a fourth time before it leaves the theaters. I can't wait for the blu-ray so I can pause the OA scenes.

Yes there was a lot of care and detail in this movie. Check out my old post from last July 29-30 with some of the photos I took from the city street parallax fight scene: http://thegreenlanterncorps.com/foru...t=6883&page=72

Also here is one of the car plate photos I took that day at the end of July 2010:

[ATTACH]2864[/ATTACH]

Nice
          I Bleed Green

"WHO CONTROLS WHAT NOW?" - Hal Jordan

Comment

The 2nd time felt so much faster...then the first time...the movie seemed so much more engaging then the first time, it was over before i knew it started.....amazing. def want it on DVD! (add it with the video game).
            "POOZER; its time to test your will"

"The Bigger you are the faster you burn!"

Comment

I've seen it 3 times... may go for a 4th. Where I don't think it was a great film by any sense of the word, I did find it enjoyable.
              Scott
              Graphic Designer

www.kid-studios.net

Comment

I'm lucky to have it seen it once. The movie theater where it's playing, there aren't even busses to get there, and I don't have a car.

Comment

saw it twice on the compute yesterday so all together i saw it 3 times.

first time i had mixed feelings after leaving the theatre.

2nd time. ( computer) i enjoyed it alot more

3rd. time i loved it ( even with its faults)

i think it just takes time to get use to what your watching
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

From reading the posts here, it would appear most of the repeat viewings are based upon superficial reasons.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post

That's wonderful for you, but it doesn't help the box office numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post

Right now I wanna slap you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                          I'm lucky to have it seen it once. The movie theater where it's playing, there aren't even busses to get there, and I don't have a car.
                          You should catch a bus to Albany and catch a viewing with me.

Green since 1974!

Comment

Originally posted by fightoned View Post

[ATTACH]2864[/ATTACH]

The Starcraft 2 thing was cool but seeing Pokemon Blue was funnier. The cartridge is seen when Hectors head is swelling after the party and he shoves everything off his desk. I really like how they portrayed Hector as a tragic figure and somewhat relateable albeit creepy.
                            COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                              From reading the posts here, it would appear most of the repeat viewings are based upon superficial reasons.
                              (see post above)

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                                (see post above)
                                You are right, I saw the movie again to see what clutter is on Hector Hammonds desk.

If you would like a more in depth analysis of the symbolism, I thought it was placed there for two reasons. First, to set up Hector Hammonds nerdiness, like Starcraft, but to show he is very relateable because I'm sure a lot of people have that game buried somewhere and could give insight to even childish qualities he still has. Secondly, it occured during Hector Hammonds transformation and Pokemon is a game based on evolution. You can almost see "What? Hector Hammond is evolving!" appearing on screen.

Movies are like books and music and the more you see/read/hear them the more you are able to understand and dig into the deeper meanings and messages portrayed.
                                Ch'psAcorn
                                Sinestro's Sparring Partner
                                Last edited by Ch'psAcorn; 06-27-2011, 10:44 PM.
                                COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

Working...
                                X