Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    I wish I had one of those around here.
    Ya..they're cool when you wanna catch a flick on the big screen one last time before it's gone for good.

Comment

I drove 20+ miles last night to catch it at a budget theater. I missed the first 10 seconds (!@#$%) but it was better than I remembered!
      -------------------------
      Hemlock Records Ruined My Life.
      hemlockrecords.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hemlock View Post
        I drove 20+ miles last night to catch it at a budget theater. I missed the first 10 seconds (!@#$%) but it was better than I remembered!

a drive that was worth it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zander Yurami View Post
          I liked the the 1st time, loved it the 2nd, and came the 3rd
          Ha ha! You sir, just made my day.
          "Haiku's are easy,
          But sometimes they don't make sense,
          Refrigerator."
          -----Unknown

Comment

Yesterday evening I went for a second watching. And Yes, I enjoyed it more than the first time: I was more relaxed and knowing exactly what to expect I could enjoy each single frame of the movie.

As a GL fan my score now passed from 7 to 7.5

Comment

So, I have now either watched GL with or lent the DVD to 7 people, all of whom had little to no knowledge of GL. Of those 7, 7 liked the movie! 2 raved about it and the others liked it a lot.

So, what's up? Do I just know weird people? Probably part of the problem is only one of these people (my mother) saw it in the theater (and hence contributed to the box office numbers)..

The only complaints I heard were (1) not enough Oa; (2) Parallax is too powerful for an origin movie; (3) too much CGI; but all of this was in the context of a favorable review.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                So, I have now either watched GL with or lent the DVD to 7 people, all of whom had little to no knowledge of GL. Of those 7, 7 liked the movie! 2 raved about it and the others liked it a lot.

So, what's up? Do I just know weird people? Probably part of the problem is only one of these people (my mother) saw it in the theater (and hence contributed to the box office numbers)..

The only complaints I heard were (1) not enough Oa; (2) Parallax is too powerful for an origin movie; (3) too much CGI; but all of this was in the context of a favorable review.
                I agree. I try to ask as many people as I can what they thought of the movie without letting on that I'm a fan. I can't think of any random people I've spoken with who have disliked the movie. The only people I've spoken with who have really disliked it were fellow comic nerds and seem to have had their minds made up they were going to hate GL before they saw it, and are clearly biased towards the Avengers series of films.

btw, the second viewing was by far my favorite. Saw it in 2D at AMC Burbank, near where WB did a lot of the work on the film. The theater erupted in applause at the start of the credits, and then again after Sinestro put on the yellow ring.

It was so much better for me because I picked up on some of the subtle things I missed in the first viewing like the ring warning him a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                  Question for those of you that saw this film multiple times, what happens at the end of the scene when Hal battles Hector for the first time? I remember an explosion and Hector on his knees screaming. The scene ends and IIRC cuts to the next where Hal is in his apartment with Carol and his buddy. How come Hal didn't finish off Hector at the end of this scene?

a LOT late on this reply, but I'll throw it out there anyways. I'm pretty sure Parallax, or maybe even Hector himself teleports him back to his apartment. I think this because after Hal knocks him 30 feet back with his ring, first you see Hector on his knees screaming, then it cuts to Hal, then back to the same area where Hector was screaming, but no Hector. And yes, one of the minor things I would have changed is some of the editing.

Comment

I know this thread is showing its age, but I thought I'd offer my experience with viewing the film.

The first time I saw it, I was compelled enough by the potential of the idea itself to get back into comics, although I didn't like the film. It had some pretty cool moments, but just moments, and overall I was rather displeased. NOTE: I had little to zero knowledge of the GL mythos prior.

Since then, I've read quite a bit of GL because the film sparked a very strong fascination in me and believe it or not, I actually came to mostly enjoy the film the second and third times.

It has its problems -- a lot of them, actually -- but I still really enjoy it. It's a very fun and fascinating film that truly is not that bad.
                    My film crew:
                    Zenisphere Films on Facebook
                    Zenisphere Films on Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by JGBarnes View Post
                      I know this thread is showing its age, but I thought I'd offer my experience with viewing the film.

The first time I saw it, I was compelled enough by the potential of the idea itself to get back into comics, although I didn't like the film. It had some pretty cool moments, but just moments, and overall I was rather displeased. NOTE: I had little to zero knowledge of the GL mythos prior.

Since then, I've read quite a bit of GL because the film sparked a very strong fascination in me and believe it or not, I actually came to mostly enjoy the film the second and third times.

It has its problems -- a lot of them, actually -- but I still really enjoy it. It's a very fun and fascinating film that truly is not that bad.
                      Nope!

Comment

Watching it the second time the problems became more apparent. This movie is way too loud, there are few scenes where everything is quiet.

Comment

Working...
                        X