Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Green Lantern rank on your list of favorite comic book movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WB just reissued in on dvd on their website, along with the superhero roast with Ed MacMahon, Herculoids, and some other old flicks they couldn't get away with putting in stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
      V For Vendetta is so underappreciated. I fucking LOVE that movie. I own it on bluray AND dvd and have watched it probably 20 times. The whole Evey sequence in the middle of the movie is wonderful. And the change at the end was worth it. I flick a booger at the haters.
      The reason I don't really like V for Vendetta is because when compared to it's source it's really dumbed down. The revolution at the end is really tame and orderly but it's a full scale riot in the book. I understand not having the Fate computer in it but I think that added so much to it as well. Not to mention the end. To me it was more effective that the Chancellor was murdered by one of the many ordinary folks who had just had enough.
      Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
        It's entirely circumstantial. If you hated Transformers then you would have no reason to see the second and the 3rd since it's the same team, same director and most of the same cast.

Look at the reverse. The Excorsist is great but it's sequels had totally different creative teams and were lame. By your logic then the 1st movie sets the benchmark of quality for anything else that follows. That's not true. If you see trailers that look like the sequels are going in a new direction, why not? If you see a new director or writer attached who knows what they are doing then you have reason to believe it could be different. This isn't a one size fits all situation.
        Well just have to agree to disagree. But me personally, If I hear a person sit there and go on about how much they hate Rob Zombies Halloween and How The Hooror world is coming to and end because of it. I respect that opinion, But then when that same asshole buys the special edition DVD then goes and sees the sequal opening night. Thier opinions and views become meaningless.

You don't have to like it but don't I am sure you can understand where I am coming from. I know a crew of guys that work at movie stop and they are kinda movie snobs. They will go see a sequal of a movie they hated just so they they can bad talk it. Surely you all have met people like that as well.
        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
          The reason I don't really like V for Vendetta is because when compared to it's source it's really dumbed down. The revolution at the end is really tame and orderly but it's a full scale riot in the book. I understand not having the Fate computer in it but I think that added so much to it as well. Not to mention the end. To me it was more effective that the Chancellor was murdered by one of the many ordinary folks who had just had enough.
          I was fine with the changes because some of the source material just wouldn't have worked on the big screen. The Voice Of Fate being changed to a Bill O'Reilly type of tv personality worked. The mob at the end with the masks actually kind of took my breath away. I thought that image really made the end come together with what V wanted; for the people to take back their lives and their country. And Hugo Weaving was fucking awesome as V.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Moore version; I bought the 10 issues as they came out and loved it enough to buy it again in Absolute format. That will always be the REAL version to me. I just loved what they did with the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
            But then when that same asshole buys the special edition DVD then goes and sees the sequal opening night. Thier opinions and views become meaningless.

You don't have to like it but don't I am sure you can understand where I am coming from. I know a crew of guys that work at movie stop and they are kinda movie snobs. They will go see a sequal of a movie they hated just so they they can bad talk it. Surely you all have met people like that as well.
            Totally agree with you there.

I was fine with the changes because some of the source material just wouldn't have worked on the big screen. The Voice Of Fate being changed to a Bill O'Reilly type of tv personality worked. The mob at the end with the masks actually kind of took my breath away. I thought that image really made the end come together with what V wanted; for the people to take back their lives and their country. And Hugo Weaving was fucking awesome as V.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer the Moore version; I bought the 10 issues as they came out and loved it enough to buy it again in Absolute format. That will always be the REAL version to me. I just loved what they did with the movie.
            Fair enough. Also glad they didn't put the nuking of Africa in it.
            Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

I fell aspleep twice while watching it at the drive in. It had some good parts, but doesn't deserve the rave reviews (IMO).

first class was ok i think people overhype it alot.

i do agree that rocketteer is very under rated dave
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I flick a booger at the haters.

EmeraldGamer
                Green Lantern
                Last edited by EmeraldGamer; 07-18-2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I'm not expecting it to make anyone's list, but anyone here ever see the Doc Savage movie?
                  Yep I saw it in the theater when it came out. But I don't remember much about it. I need to get the DVD.

Here is my list:

1. Iron Man
                  2. Thor
                  3. Captain America: The First Avenger
                  4. The Incredible Hulk
                  5. Hulk
                  6. Iron Man 2
                  7. Ghost Rider
                  8. Batman Begins
                  9. Green Lantern
                  10. Mystery Men
                  11. The Phantom
                  12. Spider-Man 3
                  13. X-men: Last Stand
                  14. Spider-Man
                  15. Spider-Man 2
                  16. X2: X-Men United
                  17. The Rocketeer
                  18. Hellboy
                  19. The Crow
                  20. 300
                  21. Batman 1966
                  22. Batman 1989
                  23. Batman Forever
                  24. Superman II
                  25. Superman
                  26. The Watchmen
                  27. The Dark Knight
                  28. Conan the Barbarian
                  29. Judge Dredd
                  30. Captain America 1990
                  31. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
                  32. Spawn
                  33. Superman Returns
                  34. X-Men
                  35. Fantastic Four
                  36. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
                  37. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
                  38. Batman and Robin
                  39. Superman III
                  40. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
                  41. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
                  42. Batman Returns

Not on my list then I didn't see it.
                  Savage Ringer
                  Kilowog's Recruit
                  Last edited by Savage Ringer; 08-12-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

2nd next to Captain America.

Into philosophy? Religion? Politics? Comics? Games? Wanna discuss these things/see reviews? Comment on previous posts! Visit my blogs! http://btucker9.blogspot.com/ http://bulletlantern.blogspot.com/

Comment

Haven't seen many movies I suppose?

Comment

Not really. :P I'm a books kinda guy.

Into philosophy? Religion? Politics? Comics? Games? Wanna discuss these things/see reviews? Comment on previous posts! Visit my blogs! http://btucker9.blogspot.com/ http://bulletlantern.blogspot.com/

Comment

Having not seen every comic movie ever made I can only say, most likely within my top 15.

Comment

I'm updating my list to include Cap (sorry Rocketeer, but your ass just got bumped!) which was fucking AWESOME, as well as the continuing decline of GL on my list. I just watched The Incredible Hulk again today and decided I was kidding myself when I put GL higher than it.

1. The Dark Knight
                            2. Iron Man
                            3. Superman
                            4. Captain America
                            5. V For Vendetta
                            6. Spider-Man 2
                            7. Superman II
                            8. Watchmen
                            9. Batman Begins
                            10. The Incredible Hulk
                            11. Green Lantern
                            12. Thor
                            13. Iron Man 2
                            14. Sin City
                            15. Spiderman
                            16. 300
                            17. Hellboy
                            18. X-Men
                            19. X Men 2
                            20. Hellboy II

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
                              It's in my top 3 I'd have to say. V for Vendetta is my top one though (It's tied for my favorite movie of all time.)
                              V for Vendetta is better than Dark Knight, in your opinion?

I would say the GL movie is in my top twenty superhero films, although not high on the list.
                              Orbis terrarum Est Non Satis, tamen boobs es satis mihi

Comment

My top 5:

1. American Splendor
                                2. Ghost World
                                3. The Dark Knight
                                4. Sin City
                                5. Superman: The Movie

Green Lantern ranks somewhere at the bottom. It's nowhere as bad as Catwoman, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Batman and Robin, but I'd say that Daredevil (Director's Cut), Batman Forever and Son of the Mask are all better than Green Lantern.

Comment

Working...
                                X