Green Lantern Blu-ray and DVD on 10/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Probably end up being 14 more minutes of Hal moaning to Carol.

Green since 1974!

Comment

PLAY.COM has the special features as follows

The Universe According to Green Lantern

Ryan Reynolds Becomes the Green Lantern

Deleted Scenes

MMM: Green Lantern's Light (No Walk On Version)

MMM: Graphic Localization

MMM: PiP

The Art of the Green Lantern - MMM Focus Pod

Weapons Hot: The U.C.A.V Dog Fight - MMM Focus Pod

Reinventing the Superhero Costume - MMM Focus Pod

Ring Slinging 101 - MMM Focus Pod

We Are the Corps - MMM Focus Pod

Acting Under 10 Pounds of Silicone - MMM Focus Pod

When Parallax Attacks - MMM Focus Pod

Justice League #1 Digital Comic

Preview of Green Lantern: The Animated Series

Green since 1974!

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
        PLAY.COM has the special features as follows

The Universe According to Green Lantern

Ryan Reynolds Becomes the Green Lantern

Deleted Scenes

MMM: Green Lantern's Light (No Walk On Version)

MMM: Graphic Localization

MMM: PiP

The Art of the Green Lantern - MMM Focus Pod

Weapons Hot: The U.C.A.V Dog Fight - MMM Focus Pod

Reinventing the Superhero Costume - MMM Focus Pod

Ring Slinging 101 - MMM Focus Pod

We Are the Corps - MMM Focus Pod

Acting Under 10 Pounds of Silicone - MMM Focus Pod

When Parallax Attacks - MMM Focus Pod

Justice League #1 Digital Comic

Preview of Green Lantern: The Animated Series
        im gona guess and say the gl animated series peek will be what everyone saw at sdcc
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Probably end up being 14 more minutes of Hal moaning to Carol.
          I'm torn as to whether or not any of that time should be spent on Hector Hammond or Parallax sequences. Rewatching the movie, those are the weaker areas; will more time there clean it up and make it better? Or will it just make it worse?

More time on Hal's childhood with his dad might make it a lot better, especially if they can tie in Jordan's brothers to make their scene have more resonance. But it all depends on how it's edited.

Cautiously optomistic. I'd like to see this film go from being painfully mediocre to...good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
            I'm torn as to whether or not any of that time should be spent on Hector Hammond or Parallax sequences. Rewatching the movie, those are the weaker areas; will more time there clean it up and make it better? Or will it just make it worse?

More time on Hal's childhood with his dad might make it a lot better, especially if they can tie in Jordan's brothers to make their scene have more resonance. But it all depends on how it's edited.

Cautiously optomistic. I'd like to see this film go from being painfully mediocre to...good.
            after watching it again hammond was good with his scenes. its the parallax part that ruins it for me though

Comment

I'm optismic, either way if this does it make a little better I don't see why WB wanted to ruin it (other than greed).

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                I'm optismic, either way if this does it make a little better I don't see why WB wanted to ruin it (other than greed).
                the deleted scenes may suck though ( coughrevengeofthesithcough)

in order for me to take an interest in the deleted scenes it needs to be some footage of sinestro or something other then just hal and carol scenes

Comment

There is also a nice steelbook cover available at HMV
                  http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...;-1&sku=204146
                  http://www.internationalreview.co.uk/
                  Tired of karaoke talent shows? Bored with reality TV programmes populated by the kind of people who think having a personalty disorder constitutes as having a personality? Then you need The International Review in your life and you need it now.

Comment

Amazon germany says that the extended cut is only for the 2d version:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005...SIN=B005F4W9E6

An indication that the additional scenes could have some sfx?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
                      Amazon germany says that the extended cut is only for the 2d version:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B005...SIN=B005F4W9E6

An indication that the additional scenes could have some sfx?
                      Or at least that they weren't rendered for 3D. Good catch.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                        the deleted scenes may suck though ( coughrevengeofthesithcough)

in order for me to take an interest in the deleted scenes it needs to be some footage of sinestro or something other then just hal and carol scenes

Maybe it is also a bit re-cut like what they did with DareDevil, the extended version not only adds content but slightly re-cuts the original content actually making it a better movie.
                        Let's fingercross now...

Comment

Originally posted by ErikBauer View Post
                          Maybe it is also a bit re-cut like what they did with DareDevil, the extended version not only adds content but slightly re-cuts the original content actually making it a better movie.
                          Let's fingercross now...
                          You really think the executives at Warner Brothers are that smart?

Comment

One can always hope...

Comment

1. Warner Bros. is THE biggest movie studio.

2. Their intelligence can not be measured based on what YOU believe would be the best product. Especially when you (like the rest of us) have absolutely no idea what into theatrical release. If we ever find out, and it turns out Warner Bros. is somehow at some kind of 'fault', then it would be right to challenge their intelligence. But as of right now, I think not challenging the intelligence of a studio that has already crossed the 2 billion dollar mark this year is bit a foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                1. Warner Bros. is THE biggest movie studio.

2. Their intelligence can not be measured based on what YOU believe would be the best product. Especially when you (like the rest of us) have absolutely no idea what into theatrical release. If we ever find out, and it turns out Warner Bros. is somehow at some kind of 'fault', then it would be right to challenge their intelligence. But as of right now, I think not challenging the intelligence of a studio that has already crossed the 2 billion dollar mark this year is bit a foolish.
                                True, but even mega-corporations can make epic blunders...can you say "New Coke"?

Comment

Working...
                                X