Villain[s] in JL Film?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villain[s] in JL Film?

Been watching a lot of Justice League Unlimited now that it's all on Netflix and I was wondering about what may happen in the film that never seems like it's going to get made. It was said somewhere they originally wanted Darkseid as the main antagonist, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that's just a cheap way to go at it what with Marvel using Thanos soon.

What do you think would make for a good villain in a Justice League movie? Or where would you take it with three films? Just villains now, I don't care to read another JL line-up or cast LOL

I started to think since WWHulk is something Marvel has no intention of doing, what would it be like for WB to take a Hulk-ish General Eiling/Shaggy Man and let him go after the more higher profile metahumans until the League forms to take him down? They don't need to call him Shaggy since he's not as hairy as the original, and you could throw a couple small cameos from other DC heroes. Maybe see Capt. Atom in a background scene before Eiling gets the serum to gain superpowers [liked the JLU origin for him better!]? In a trilogy I'd probably have Eiling, then a Starro Invasion with tons of cameos from other heroes and villains, and end it with Brainiac crossing over from a Superman MOS sequel. Or Darkseid if they just HAVE to...

~KL~
    Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Ωmega Man; 04-04-2013, 06:48 AM.

Darksied and Vandal Savage
    Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
      Been watching a lot of Justice League Unlimited now that it's all on Netflix and I was wondering about what may happen in the film that never seems like it's going to get made. It was said somewhere they originally wanted Darkseid as the main antagonist, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that's just a cheap way to go at it what with Marvel using Thanos soon.

What do you think would make for a good villain in a Justice League movie? Or where would you take it with three films? Just villains now, I don't care to read another JL line-up or cast LOL

I started to think since WWHulk is something Marvel has no intention of doing, what would it be like for WB to take a Hulk-ish General Eiling/Shaggy Man and let him go after the more higher profile metahumans until the League forms to take him down? They don't need to call him Shaggy since he's not as hairy as the original, and you could throw a couple small cameos from other DC heroes. Maybe see Capt. Atom in a background scene before Eiling gets the serum to gain superpowers [liked the JLU origin for him better!]? In a trilogy I'd probably have Eiling, then a Starro Invasion with tons of cameos from other heroes and villains, and end it with Brainiac crossing over from a Superman MOS sequel. Or Darkseid if they just HAVE to...

~KL~
      I"ve always liked most of your ideas, but what you have here would not work for the first JLA movie. It's going to be an origin movie, introducing us to the main cast - I'd imagine Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and The Flash. There's no room for guys like Captain Atom or any other B listers in the first movie.

As for villains, that's a hard one with the JLA when it comes to a movie. Who are the main villains the JLA fights? Usually relatively (to non-comic readers) obscure threats, OR big groups of guys everyone knows with B/C listers thrown in.

I don't know how long this movie is going to be, but let's say it plays out like this:

First hour - intros to JLA characters (as noted above) + they save some people and shit.

Second hour - Anthony Ivo, for whatever reason, hates them all, creates Red Tornado to fight JLA - first "real" battle is had, JLA win.

Third hour - Lex Luthor (yeah, him again, but to appeal to the general masses, you need a villain they know) teams up with some other force, be it Brainiac or Starro (somehow) or whatever, and try to take down the JLA only to fail.

Of course the stuff with Lex builds throughout the movie, it's not just a surprise thing.

Or, you could go the Secret Society of Supervillains root and have all the main enemies of the JLA members team up to fight them: Lex, Sinestro, Reverse Flash or Gorilla Grodd, Cheetah, Joker is dead so...? Two Face? And go that route.

Thinking about this, aside from ripping off the Avengers with an "alien invasion" story, a JLA movie is actually pretty hard to write in terms of what actually happens.

Maybe we should just have all the heroes fight each other for most of it, then realize at the end they need to team up to defeat "X".
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Staro could work. But I think they should avoid an alien invasion for the first film, seeing the Avengers already took it. That means Darkseid will need to wait too. Lex could work, injustice league maybe. Doomsday? Amazo? Yeah Amazo could work.
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
          Or, you could go the Secret Society of Supervillains root and have all the main enemies of the JLA members team up to fight them: Lex, Sinestro, Reverse Flash or Gorilla Grodd, Cheetah, Joker is dead so...? Two Face? And go that route. . .
          This exactly, but have it be the reason for the JLA. For instance, all the villains (Lex, whoever for Batman, the rogues, etc) are tired of getting beat. Lex unites them and they start winning (say the take over Central City or something) so the JL has to form in response.

Comment

Movie One: Pale Martians.
            Movie Two: Secret Society or Injustice Gang. Same thing really.

Comment

As much as I have a soft spot for Starro, I don't think it would translate well onto the big screen; it would be too unbelivable, even for a comic movie. While the idea of the Legion of Doom/Crime Syndicate sounds good, that would take too much development time for all the characters, which would take too much time away from ther heroes.

I would go with an omnipotent, intergalactic baddie, not necessarily Darkseid, but a powerhouse that would take the efforts of the entire league to defeat, like Despero or Mongul.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                I would go with an omnipotent, intergalactic baddie, not necessarily Darkseid, but a powerhouse that would take the efforts of the entire league to defeat, like Despero or Mongul.
                Wait a minute. You think Starro is too comic booky but a three-eyed mesmerist is okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  Wait a minute. You think Starro is too comic booky but a three-eyed mesmerist is okay?
                  Aw, come on, man! Don't roll your eyes at me! Three eyes or not, at least Despero is a humanoid. Starro is a giant, floating, telepathic starfish with mini-starfish spores. Which one do you think would sell?

JL would get laughed out of theaters in a week.

Comment

If they want to stay away from what Marvel did, then start with the Legion of Doom.

Comment

Originally posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
                      If they want to stay away from what Marvel did, then start with the Legion of Doom.
                      I think that's the way to go, but it should be a smaller scale LOD since there will be 5 heroes to develop. I was thinking something like Luthor/Joker/Sinestro or Luthor/Scarecrow/Gorilla Grodd/Metallo.
                      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

the JL movie should be agains one major Villian ..so I'm guessing Darkside somehow using Starro as he's lackey!
                        Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

Could work.
                          Originally posted by IonFan
                          (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                          Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                          Originally posted by Quaker
                          I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

I have said it before somewhere on here in regards to a Justice League movie that I think Mongol would be a great first villain.

You introduce him to the audience with Warworld as his own gladiator pit for his amusement. He comes to Earth because he has heard that we have received our first Green Lantern and he wants to inspect the world for any potential champions. He brings Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and a few other super powered beings like Metamorpho, Plasticman etc to Warworld.

Batman is on Earth trying to figure out how to breach Warworld and release people. He brings the team together while they are onboard and as a team they break free and begin to push his forces off Planet.

You introduce more than just who is going to be the initial team so they have room to flesh out the movie universe.

It gives them a legitimate reason to all be in one place at a time and to have a reason to form a team. Plus it gives us Mongol for a potential Lantern sequel.

Comment

I'm thinking Brainiac would work well as he can be a global threat, but he's not your typical alien invasion.

As far as cast, the big three are naturally going to be a part of it. GL probably will as well, whether they decide to go with Hal or John will kind of depend. Using John would be a good way to cleanse people of the GL movie debacle. Flash would most likely be in it. I wouldn't be surprised if Aquaman were in it because DC has been pushing him a lot lately. And finally, they'll probably include Cyborg, which oddly works with my idea for Brainiac.
                              MEH

Comment

Working...
                              X