Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Damon: Hal Jordan? (just a thought not a rumor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see your point, but RDJr was like 42 when the first Iron Man came out. Ben Affleck is 43. There's precedent.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
      I see your point, but RDJr was like 42 when the first Iron Man came out. Ben Affleck is 43. There's precedent.
      Affleck was cast specifically as an older, weary Batman. It made sense. Tony Stark also was not a super young kid when he became a hero, plus being in the armor makes it easier to hide the aging.

And still, there is a huge difference in starting your super hero journey at 50 and 42. Damon is starting to actually show his age now too. If he was supposed to be an older Hal (Parallax or not), then maybe. But much like Nathan Fillion and the people that champion him, it's doubtful WB is going to cast someone that old for an ongoing (ideally) human role.
      "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
      Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
      Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
      who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
      to change the world. This time, Lord...
      Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
        But much like Nathan Fillion and the people that champion him, it's doubtful WB is going to cast someone that old for an ongoing (ideally) human role.
        Not to mention the fact that Fillion is a box office non-entity. The thing he's most known for was "Firefly" but the "Serenity" movie was a box office dud. (and he wasn't even necessarily the main draw... and that was over ten years ago when he was still ... better looking....) If a "Castle" movie becomes a hit, then playing an older Hal in a supporting role *might* go to him....

Comment

Fillion is likable, but too old for the Hal I want. I want his character young and in his prime for a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
            Fillion is likable, but too old for the Hal I want. I want his character young and in his prime for a movie.
            Yeah, if they're going to make a series of them, but if there's only going to be one before another reboot or nothing, I'd love a seasoned Hal. In fact, I'm getting tired of so many kids in these superheroes movies. I just started watching the last Fantastic Four and these kids look like they would still be buying acne cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
              Damon is also too old. He may still look relatively young, but he would be about 50 before the GL Corps movie was released.
              Considering that WB wants to make Hal grizzled and old like Batman, Damon's age probably isn't considering isn't a problem. He's not gonna play the character anyway, so it's probably moot, but still.

Comment

I've always thought James Marsden (Cyclops) could make a decent Hal and he's about the right age now for what they want. He's not a box-office star, but "WestWorld" has raised his profile and JLA and GLC are both ensembles, so Hal wouldn't have to carry either film.

Comment

GLC? Yes he would. Unless John Stewart is Denzel Washington, then the Hal Jordan needs to pull his weight in star power. We're talking about a franchise that RECENTLY blew its shot at success and a character that is still not in the upper echelon of pop culture heroes.

Comment

I would much rather Patrick Wilson. Not only did he play Nite Owl in Watchmen, but he also resembles Paul Newman, who Hal Jordan was modelled after.

Comment

GLC? Yes he would. Unless John Stewart is Denzel Washington, then the Hal Jordan needs to pull his weight in star power. We're talking about a franchise that RECENTLY blew its shot at success and a character that is still not in the upper echelon of pop culture heroes.
                      If WB wants to get a star for Hal I can't think of anyone better than Jake Gyllenhaal.

Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Yeah, if you want an older Hal with starpower, then ... Brad Pitt! Don't laugh, it's not an insane idea - when was the last time the man had a big hit? He's in the middle of a divorce, he's been supplanted by Ryan Gosling as THE hot guy, maybe he wants a little RDJ/Depp money by cashing in on a big franchise while he still can be in super-hero shape... He can definitely pull off cocky test pilot and/or more grizzled veteran and is imo, a better actor than Cavill or Affleck.

Comment

Working...
                        X