CW Green Lantern show pitched with Diggle as GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
    No way they would do Kyle Rayner. Not without making him gay, trans, or a minority. I don't think they'd do Hal on the cw for the same reasons. It just won't be a white hetero male.
    Eh... yeah. Maybe in this day and age it really is best to be careful what you wish for.

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
    They already made Kyle a minority. Depending on who you ask, he's either half latino or, in the case of Tom King, a one-note Mexican stereotype with a power ring.
    Wait, when did Tom King work on him?

Comment

Omega Men, and then one single panel in Heroes in Crisis, in which Kyle's whole dialogue was "Madre de dios!"

Comment

Haha! That's so cringy!

Comment

John Diggle's step father is a general who has the surname Stewart. Paired with the line from 90's Flash in Elseworlds, this indicates that Dig is the Arrowverse John Stewart, which is why it is likely that David Ramsey (the actor) will be a GL in the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, even if just as another Earth's version of him.

Moving forward from that with a GL series based on said character from whatever Earth isn't far fetched, but as has been pointed out already, may be financially difficult given the limitations of a CW budget. Not impossible, of course, just difficult. Were it to happen, I'd fear a commonality of laser blasts to befall the ring's usage to make it all cheaper, as that wouldn't cost anymore than the constant use of CG arrows in Arrow. That being said, they could also use practical props for constructs and simply tint them green in post, so it may not be entirely impractical.

I would support it, but them I'm that fangirl who supports all of the CW DC superhero shows, so that's not necessarily saying much.
          Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
            those are always once in a blue moon, for a GL show they'd use cgi every episode, the math doesn't add up
            Every episode of Flash is CGI-heavy. The use of a GL ring would be no different than Barry (and other speedsters) constantly using the speed force.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              A Kyle Rayner TV show would make a lot of financial sense. Emerald Twilight happens in some universe and he's the last GL, etc..

Just the idea of seeing that on TV.....
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

A GL on tv is totally possible - remember how totally simple John's constructs were (when he made them) in animation? They're energy light constructs - they can look like anything, really. The expensive thing would be GL affecting real world things, but when you think about how "Supergirl" cheats things or has her less powerful than she is in the comics, you can imagine how they'd get away with it for a GL show. I personally wouldn't look forward to a less-then stellar GL show, but if it were written really well, I could get over tv-looking SFX.

Comment

I really wouldn't want this. I don't particularly like TV (don't even have cable in my rooms) and have even less interest in anything CW, but would feel compelled to watch if it were a real GL show (no matter which lantern).

Comment

Not opposed should it stay connected to the arrow verse or will this be a full new thing for hbo max
                    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

It'll probably have nothing to do with the HBO series, although I get the impression that it probably isn't being made anyway, since it would be a redundant show now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                        It'll probably have nothing to do with the HBO series, although I get the impression that it probably isn't being made anyway, since it would be a redundant show now.
                        Shame because i would think hbo would be a better fit for them. if not gl maybe do a small 8 episode series of the phantom stranger. I dont mean to get off topic but i feel dc has a great opportunity to really go through there catalogue and bring out some fresh new character's as you can see someone like myself who isnt well versed in everything in comic books like you guys i like the weird odd characters with of course the batman wonder woman super man. I researched the phantom stranger and find him really facinating. Again for me i like a good story i think his can do well
                        TazzMission
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by TazzMission; 09-01-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                          Shame because i would think hbo would be a better fit for them. if not gl maybe do a small 8 episode series of the phantom stranger. I dont mean to get off topic but i feel dc has a great opportunity to really go through there catalogue and bring out some fresh new character's as you can see someone like myself who isnt well versed in everything in comic books like you guys i like the weird odd characters with of course the batman wonder woman super man. I researched the phantom stranger and find him really facinating. Again for me i like a good story i think his can do well
                          HBO would totally fit GL more, especially when it came to the budget. I don't trust CW to handle the powers at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                            HBO would totally fit GL more, especially when it came to the budget. I don't trust CW to handle the powers at all.
                            Im done with cw . Political reasons and a story for the correct thread

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                              Im done with cw . Political reasons and a story for the correct thread
                              They've really doubled down on that stuff. The first few seasons of Arrow and Flash it wasn't anywhere near this bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                                They've really doubled down on that stuff. The first few seasons of Arrow and Flash it wasn't anywhere near this bad.
                                Sadly its not just cw its everywhere now. Thats why i ditched cable 3 years ago and just pirate old shows from 60's till 90's. If i want politics id turn on c span i dont need it in comics film music or tv. This is why i miss the 90's nothing was this pc back than

Comment

Working...
                                X