HBO Max's Green Lantern starring Guy, Jessica, Simon and Alan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    Oh you have no idea i have a lot of issues. I will say i like my women breathing and alive so im not into the whole silent type and dead like some weirdos in the world who you feel should be acknowleged because it exists in the world. You argued a few pages back just because the real world acknowledges things it has to be in everything. As a man whos been male for 35 years i find it insulting a person like Ellen page demands to be acknowledged as male and as Elliot.
    People like Eliot can experience a disconnection from their bodied sex that can lead to chronic depression, self-harm, and even suicide. Don't feel offended that he had to spend his life coming to terms with himself. Empathize and be glad that he's happy. Furthermore, be glad that it wasn't you. Cisgendered people are lucky that we are spared of this.

Back to the topic at hand, if.you read the bios, they mentioned Guy Gardner being a husband and father. That's the biggest revelation of the bios is possibly seeing a version of Guy that we haven't seen for decades or at least having the child teacher side of him integrated into the modern incarnation.
    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• I bet they'll screw it up.

Why? For two reasons. First, because they ALWAYS screw up Green Lantern, don't they? And second, they're obviously using Geoff's garbage as their reference point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
        People like Eliot can experience a disconnection from their bodied sex that can lead to chronic depression, self-harm, and even suicide. Don't feel offended that he had to spend his life coming to terms with himself. Empathize and be glad that he's happy. Furthermore, be glad that it wasn't you. Cisgendered people are lucky that we are spared of this.
        Dude its a fad theres no scientific evidence to switching biology . I can paint myself green make my legs and tounge larger give myself frog eyes it dosent make me a frog because biologically im still a human male. Quit being gullible. Just because someone thinks something dosent make it true. Depression is a part of life everyone has it. Dude i been hospitalized 5 times for suicide attempts as a kid ive seen pros since i was 2 years old so for 33 years. People need to quit making a mockery of mental health not just trans people but lawyers as well when it comes to trying to get there client off of a murder charge for a school shooting . Mental health gets bastardized so much people refuse to get the help they need. My diagnosises are 3 anxiety disorders wich is general anxiety ocd i forget the other one plus asperger spectrum. I have no issue discussing my treatment because im not ashamed of it nor do i care what people think. I only discuss my treatment when someone asks or if its needed to make a point. I dont go around and demand you must acknowledge my situation or there has to be some legislation of human rights to protect people with mental health. Or it has to be forced on people nor do i need to be labeled brave for discussing my story. People are so desperate to get noticed theyll do anything.
        TazzMission
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by TazzMission; 12-04-2020, 03:43 PM.
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
          I bet they'll screw it up.

Why? For two reasons. First, because they ALWAYS screw up Green Lantern, don't they? And second, they're obviously using Geoff's garbage as their reference point.
          I'm hanging my hopes on efforts like First Flght and Emerald Knights.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

I bet they'll screw it up.

Why? For two reasons. First, because they ALWAYS screw up Green Lantern, don't they?
            I bet theyll change the guardians from being small beings to average height so sjw karens wont cry how it somehow offends midgets next. These wack jobs have been attacking the mandalorian between breast plates being used to other shit like gina carano and Rosario Dawson . These are the same idiots who say there feminist yet attack women for doing there own thing or have a different view. I swear sjw karens are a new mental disorder who cant get laid
            TazzMission
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by TazzMission; 12-05-2020, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• HBO Max is making more DC content available for international markets:

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...ional-markets/

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                I bet theyll change the guardians from being small beings to average height so sjw karens wont cry how it somehow offends midgets next. These wack jobs have been attacking the mandalorian between breast plates being used to other shit like gina carano and Rosario Dawson . These are the same idiots who say there feminist yet attack women for doing there own thing or have a different view. I swear sjw karens are a new mental disorder who cant get laid
                But some midgets (Peter Dinklage) are really popular right now! Paint that guy blue and put him in!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                  So is Simon and Jessica not going to be regulars or is there going to be a part 2 with their bios?

Guy loves his daughter and wife
                  Ok. This gives me hope that they'll do him justice. I wonder who his wife will be. In comics he's only been with Kari Limbo [even engaged to her before his coma], Ice and even for awhile Fire.

A fact that, in his era, could cost him his job, or even his life.
                  So is Alan not going to be a regular or is it one of those Guy and Bree end up in the past, encounter Alan, he heps them and decides to go the future with them bit?
                  JohnMc
                  Senior Corps Member
                  Last edited by JohnMc; 12-07-2020, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
                    But some midgets (Peter Dinklage) are really popular right now! Paint that guy blue and put him in!
                    Yea well the easily offended snowflake generation will still find a way to bitch about it. I swear there a mental disorder

Comment

• Yeah I've heard about this show, it sounds really exciting, especially given Alan's going to be in it!
                      Originally posted by IonFan
                      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                      Originally posted by Quaker
                      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Guy doesn't need a wife and a daughter, and Baz and Cruz don't need to be alive. Where did they find these writers? On Craigslist?

Jesus H. Christ.

"I know! Let's soften Guy. That will make him cool, like we are. We can't have any rogue male hormones running around in this show. That would be -- *shudder!* -- horrifying."

So Green Lantern, incredibly, becomes about Baz, Cruz and a neutered Guy. And I bet you anything that Alan will be gay.

When Stan Lee did something new, he would put on the cover of the comic, "Because you demanded it!" That attitude is long gone now, replaced by, "Because you needed it!"

And no matter how many times its "woke" bullshit flops, the entertainment industry is always eager to try it again. Just like Bullwinkle with his magic hat.

Bullwinkle: Hey Rock. Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Rocky: But that trick never works.

Bullwinkle: This time for sure! Presto!... Hmm.. I gotta get another hat.
                        Trey Strain
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-11-2020, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• And I wouldn't be surprised if DC is putting both Hal and Kyle out to pasture, because the last thing they want is a rerun of that quarterback controversy. Besides, Hal and Kyle are both straight white males.

Comment

And I bet you anything that Alan will be gay.
                            Safe bet, since they announced that from the get go, and have emphasized it in every bit of press they put out...

Comment

• And they're replacing Hal with John. Are there any PC boxes they haven't checked with this? I can't think of any.

Just fucking wretched.

Well, let's see how this works out for them.

Comment

And I wouldn't be surprised if DC is putting both Hal and Kyle out to pasture, because the last thing they want is a rerun of that quarterback controversy. Besides, Hal and Kyle are both straight white males.
                                "Too problematic."

Comment

Working...
                                X