Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd settle for some leaked concept sketches for the costumes, ring, Oa.

Good to know Ryan's taking Hal seriously. And as Wade, odds are he'll be in some serious make-up. I just hope they model Hal off of his newer personality, Kind of a wise-ass.

Comment

• "...and I think people forget that I'm an actor"
      This made me laugh Every time I see an interview with RR it makes me want to see the film more. Why dont people invent chryogenics so I can sleep for the next Year and a half...

Comment

• Man, I wish they'd get this started so SOMETHING was in the can! Get this thing locked down and maybe leak something for us to comsume!

Comment

• Green Lantern's Oscar-Winning Crew

Green Lantern's Oscar-Winning Crew
          Source:Superhero Hype!
          December 26, 2009

The lack of casting on Martin Campbell's Green Lantern movie this late in the game is somewhat worrying, since they already have a June 17, 2011 release date and the only name confirmed has been Ryan Reynolds in the title role (and that took a long time to be confirmed). Either way, Campbell knows what he's doing and he's been silently pulling together an amazing team in preparation to start shooting in New Orleans next year.

The first movie to be made under Warner Bros.' new DC Entertainment umbrella will be shot by cinematographer Dion Beebe, who won an Oscar for his work with Rob Marshall on Memoirs of a Geisha (having previously been nominated for Chicago). Even more exciting than that is who Campbell hired to help create the look and vision of the movie, production designer Grant Major and costume designer Ngila Dickson, both of whom won Oscars for their work on Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings Trilogy." Major also fulfilled the same capacity on Jackson's remake of King Kong.

Art director François Audouy may not have won any Oscars, but his resume working in genre movies is impressive, everything from doing concept art for James Cameron's Avatarand I Am Legend, acting as art director for Watchmen and the first Transformers movie, and working in various art capacities on all three "Spider-Man" movies.

Hopefully, we'll be able to find out soon who will be handling the FX duties on the movie, as they'll probably have the most difficult task realizing all of the green light constructs, but more importantly, here's hoping there will be some final casting confirmations in the New Year.

Leonidas:

The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed.

Comment

• Green Lantern's Oscar Winning Crew

Source:Superhero Hype! December 26, 2009

http://www.superherohype.com/news/gr...ws.php?id=8942

The lack of casting on Martin Campbell's Green Lantern movie this late in the game is somewhat worrying, since they already have a June 17, 2011 release date and the only name confirmed has been Ryan Reynolds in the title role (and that took a long time to be confirmed). Either way, Campbell knows what he's doing and he's been silently pulling together an amazing team in preparation to start shooting in New Orleans next year.

The first movie to be made under Warner Bros.' new DC Entertainment umbrella will be shot by cinematographer Dion Beebe, who won an Oscar for his work with Rob Marshall on Memoirs of a Geisha (having previously been nominated for Chicago). Even more exciting than that is who Campbell hired to help create the look and vision of the movie, production designer Grant Major and costume designer Ngila Dickson, both of whom won Oscars for their work on Peter Jackson's "Lord of the Rings Trilogy." Major also fulfilled the same capacity on Jackson's remake of King Kong.

Art director François Audouy may not have won any Oscars, but his resume working in genre movies is impressive, everything from doing concept art for James Cameron's Avatarand I Am Legend, acting as art director for Watchmen and the first Transformers movie, and working in various art capacities on all three "Spider-Man" movies.

Hopefully, we'll be able to find out soon who will be handling the FX duties on the movie, as they'll probably have the most difficult task realizing all of the green light constructs, but more importantly, here's hoping there will be some final casting confirmations in the New Year.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Darn, beaten by 3 minutes.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmurfLantern View Post
                Source:Superhero Hype!
                December 26, 2009

Not to mention Neville Page who designed Cameron's Na'vi from initial sketches.

Comment

• Is FX-guru Aaron Sims out of the project?

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Sims was just an early concept art designer.

Comment

• very worrying

Comment

• im fine with a pushback because id rather wait for a good movie instead of it being rushed. whats really odd is he had what 2 years to get a cast together and the only person cast is rr?
                        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• I'm starting to get very worried about the lack of casting progress and the news drought that we have been experiencing. This late in the game we should have had confirmation by now about the supporting cast and production crew. Keep your fingers crossed and hope that this doesn’t fall apart.

Leonidas:

The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed.

Comment

• Well I hear they are casting Carol Ferris or close to it, and maybe they are just being extremely secretive on updates on the GL movie.
                            No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

• Well, I know that Ryan's already admitted that it's one of the most secretive projects he's ever worked on, so my guess is that things are happening, but no one's allowed to talk about it. I'm sure when they've got everything settled we'll finally get some news, for better or worse

Comment

• Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X