Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True, but it's been one heavy retcon after another lately.
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Sadly...

That synopsis appears to be legit

Comment

• Well in the first draft script the Legion character was based more heavily on Parallax than the Legion in Emerald Dawn so just going out right with Parallax makes sense.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
          Well in the first draft script the Legion character was based more heavily on Parallax than the Legion in Emerald Dawn so just going out right with Parallax makes sense.
          This has occurred to me, because you're right, the Legion in the script was a sort of amalgam of the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
            This has occurred to me, because you're right, the Legion in the script was a sort of amalgam of the two.
            Movies tend to do that a lot. Witness Whiplash in Iron Man 2. He is an amalgam of Whiplash and Titaium Man.
            Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

• ............. huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nite Owl View Post
                ............. huh?
                Whiplash is the comics is not the Whiplash in the movie. He is a combination of Whiplash and his russian comes from CD

Comment

• Frankly, I don't care what they CALL the enemy. But I can't imagine them treating the Parallax character in exactly the same way as in the comics. It would be too convoluted for an origin movie, IMHO. Might as well try to film Rebirth if you go that route, which, much as I liked it, would make a LOUSY big screen introduction to GL.

Comment

• it will probably tell of the "legend" of parallax via flashbacks at some point to build up the threat, and then reveal him at the end.

Comment

• Hmmm...not sure how I feel about the film having THREE villains. Too many villains in a superhero film hasn't worked well in the past.
                      The last fan of 1990s comics
                      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• hammond won't be much of one probably, and sinestro probably wont become villain until either the very end of this one or in part 2.

Comment

• For the last time, there have only been 2 confirmed villains, Legion/Parallax and Hammond, Sinestro is not a villain in this movie, everything we've heard confirms this.

Comment

• What I meant is his turn will possibly be setup towards the end of the movie, then be full fledged in pt. 2

Comment

• Sadly...I'm losing my hopes with this

Comment

• If I remember correctly didn't someone pretty much say Sinestro would be a hero the entire movie or did I miss/forget something. And as far as Parallax/Legion being the villain as long as it works it's fine with me.
                                In blackest day or brightest night,
                                ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
                                Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
                                With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

Working...
                                X