EARTH 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EARTH 2 CHARACTER DESIGNS – SUPERGIRL

Coming in May, DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 “Second Wave” will literally expand the world-building efforts of the comprehensive publishing initiative. With the addition of a parallel Earth that features prominently into both EARTH 2 and WORLDS’ FINEST, the developing narrative will encompass new heroes from distinctly different backgrounds, building on the shared universe in some surprising ways.

“Superman’s cousin loves her adopted world with a passion, seeing how the people of Earth have adopted her and taken her to their hearts,” said EARTH 2 writer James Robinson. “She is the definitely brightest light among this first group of Earth 2 heroes.”

“Meet the Earth 2 Supergirl, aka Karen Starr,” said WORLDS’ FINEST editor Wil Moss. “As readers of MISTER TERRIFIC already know, Karen has been busy since she arrived on the main DCU Earth, creating a successful company and dating the brilliant Michael Holt. But what are her true motives behind those actions? How did she get here? And what incident prompts her to take up her new identity of Power Girl? Find out in WORLDS’ FINEST #1!”

Here’s a first look at the Supergirl of Earth 2, designed by Kevin Maguire.

Comment

• Works with the design we saw for the Earth 2 Superman. Doesn't do much for me, though.

Comment

• Really dig that design. Im not usually one for changing up a Superman character look, but this somehow works for me. I most of the time hate changing the S shield, and dont even care for Earth 2 Superman's version, yet this somehow just looks good to me.

Comment

• I want Jim Lee to redesign my wardrobe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
            I want Jim Lee to redesign my wardrobe.
            That's a Kevin Maguire design.

Comment

• Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
              That's a Kevin Maguire design.
              I do not retract my statement.

Comment

• You know, it just makes me mad that DC is forced to promote Superman and Batman characters in what fans essentially expect to be a JSA title.

I just wish that somehow...someway...there was SOME kind of an outlet for Superman and Batman fans to see their favorite characters? Wouldn't that be great? I mean, what if (stay with me here), there was a way DC could publish titles featuring Superman and Batman characters on a monthly basis so their fans could go THERE and have their own little corner of the DCnU to read about them? At least SOME way we could read about them without being forced to buy some silly JSA title to see them?

I'm not saying Batman for example needs like 9 or 10 titles a month, but it'd be nice if there was at least ONE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                  Works with the design we saw for the Earth 2 Superman. Doesn't do much for me, though.
                  All kidding aside, I think the "Earth 2" designs for Superman and Supergirl are MUCH better than the DCnU versions.

Comment

• Wasn't there a Earth 2, WW Supes and Batman pre crisis? So I don't see the big deal with them being here.

Plus, let's face it the JSA are old people. Nobody really wants to read about old people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                      I do not retract my statement.
                      You should. Good artist? Yes. Good designer? No.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                      You know, it just makes me mad that DC is forced to promote Superman and Batman characters in what fans essentially expect to be a JSA title.

I just wish that somehow...someway...there was SOME kind of an outlet for Superman and Batman fans to see their favorite characters? Wouldn't that be great? I mean, what if (stay with me here), there was a way DC could publish titles featuring Superman and Batman characters on a monthly basis so their fans could go THERE and have their own little corner of the DCnU to read about them? At least SOME way we could read about them without being forced to buy some silly JSA title to see them?

I'm not saying Batman for example needs like 9 or 10 titles a month, but it'd be nice if there was at least ONE!
                      Look if this ends up just being another Bat/Supes/WW book then I'll be pissed off too but let's face it from a marketing point of view this is a good move on DC's part. Way more people are interested in Batman/Supesman (regardless of the quality of the writing) than they are the JSA. This is going to make more people pick up the book initially.

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                      Wasn't there a Earth 2, WW Supes and Batman pre crisis? So I don't see the big deal with them being here.

Plus, let's face it the JSA are old people. Nobody really wants to read about old people.

Comment

• Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
                        Look if this ends up just being another Bat/Supes/WW book then I'll be pissed off too but let's face it from a marketing point of view this is a good move on DC's part. Way more people are interested in Batman/Supesman (regardless of the quality of the writing) than they are the JSA. This is going to make more people pick up the book initially.
                        I dunno. Is it really a good marketing idea to promise people something you aren't going to give them? If you market it as a Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman book, it might sell a bunch of #1s to the people that would be brought in by that, but if the book ISN'T actually about those characters, won't a lot of those people just leave in short order?

I figure good marketing would be to advertise what the book is ACTUALLY about, and expend efforts to try to make THAT seem attractive. Especially for an ongoing, where you need people to KEEP buying, not just pick up a single issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          I dunno. Is it really a good marketing idea to promise people something you aren't going to give them? If you market it as a Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman book, it might sell a bunch of #1s to the people that would be brought in by that, but if the book ISN'T actually about those characters, won't a lot of those people just leave in short order?

I figure good marketing would be to advertise what the book is ACTUALLY about, and expend efforts to try to make THAT seem attractive. Especially for an ongoing, where you need people to KEEP buying, not just pick up a single issue.
                          Well I think you're assuming that the trinity will only appear in the first issue. At this point I'm sure they'll have a substantial presence in the book, but I also expect the JSA to be heavily involved.

Comment

• Wasn't there a Earth 2, WW Supes and Batman pre crisis? So I don't see the big deal with them being here.
                            They've never been the centerpiece of any JSA book. Supes and Bats were honorary members, and WW was the secretary until they finally let her join in on their adventures.

I'm sure this is an attempt at a big buildup to get fans interested only to make it more dramatic when they kill them off and get rid of the two girls. It just irks me that DC can't just sell the JSA on the strength of the JSA alone in the current direction of the company.

I oughtta smack the taste right out of your mouth!

Comment

• The better die in flashbacks on pg1
                              Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

• I don't think they'll be old at all. With the possible red and black clad Mr. Terrific it seems as if they'll be updated for modern times just like the rest of the DCnU. I really just wanna see what's happening with the JSA characters and I'm pretty pissed all we're getting is trinity concepts and stuff for trinity legacy characters like Supergirl and Robin.

Show me some Alan Scott concepts. Or Jay Garrick's new look. I wonder, since this is Robinson we're talking about here, if they'll be an epic form of Starman on this new Earth 2 setting?

THAT is the kinds stuff I wanna see. Who fucking cares about Superman getting another new look.

And for the record, of the Earth 2 trinity, I think only WW looks better than usual. Superman and Batman are just lame.

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                                X