Store has GL #1-34 for 45$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store has GL #1-34 for 45$

My LCS has GL #1-34 , from the old issues for 45$! and their in pretty good shape. Their the run when the comics were price a 1$US, so i guess it from the 60-70?

Is this a good deal?

I'd say so. If it were me, I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat.
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

$1.00 a piece? That would be the 90s, man -- Volume 3. Comics were ten cents in the 60s. Fifteen - thirty cents in the 70s.

What you're looking at is the 90s series. And you can find a better deal online than that.

Comment

Ah okay thanks. I didnt know they relauched it in the 90's o.o

My bad.
        Last edited by Guest; 12-22-2008, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Dante, if you don't want to get those GL comics at US $45 total, let me know and I'll snatch it up!!!

Comment

It from a local store in Laval,Quebec, however they do send oversea.

here is their info

http://the-master-list.com/Canada/Qu...cs_Laval.shtml

http://the-master-list.com/Canada/Qu...ex.shtml#Laval ( go down and search Heroes Comic Laval)

You can send them an email to see if they still have it.
            You can also find it on ebay, i found this , altough in the ebay link hes missing a few issue.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Green-Lantern-1-4...3A1|240%3A1318
            Last edited by Guest; 12-23-2008, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Look at it this way... you're talking about the 90s series, 1-34 for $45. On eBay, in one fell swoop, I purchased the entire 90s series (183 issues) for $150.

Comment

nice, how was shipping? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  Look at it this way... you're talking about the 90s series, 1-34 for $45. On eBay, in one fell swoop, I purchased the entire 90s series (183 issues) for $150.
                  The entire 90s series is actually 195 issues (plus one that had 2 covers)
                  0-181, 1,000,000 - 3 80 page giants, 9 annuals

and yes issues, 0 & 1 million are part of Vol 3 not one shots also the 80 pagers and the annuals are also part of the series - don't believe me? check overstreet.
                  My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

My other LCS is having 50% off bins issues, which valuable comic except Power Of Ion should i get? Like that i can sell it online for a little profit

Comment

So Dante, what did you end up getting from the 50% off sale? Are you a millionaire yet?....

Comment

Well i didnt find anything i wanted, but since i didnt know what TPB/single issues were valuable i didnt search. Altough they did have alot of GL Volume 2(im pretty sure they were). I saw 2 guys with their book searching for alot of back issues of Green Lantern,Amazing Spiderman ( they were really old comics, probably over 20 years old) , it either to collect or sell em on ebay.
                        I don't really want to buy them since they still are pretty expensive, and selling them would be a pain since im not too good with ebay and i have no online account.

What i am going to do for sure is go buy a 100$ Visa Prepaid Card so i can buy Fables Vol1,2,3,4,5,6 on Amazon since the comic store didnt have them for sale.

Believe it or not, i called 4 store and 3 of them sold out of Fables Vol1,2,3 and the other one just didnt carry them.

I dont mind, since it still 30% cheaper then buying at a LCS.
                        Last edited by Guest; 12-28-2008, 12:23 AM.

Comment

A little late on this but I got Vol. 3 issues 1-25 for $25 a number of years back, since cover price was $1 I felt it was fair.

Comment

Yeah, i wouldnt mind paying a buck each,.

Comment

I have a pricing question, I know where to find a complete set of the 3rd volume minus the annuals for 200 is that an acceptable deal, or no?

Comment

Working...
                              X