• maltesefalcon
    replied
    it makes me think of keanu reeves in bram stokers dracula

Leave a comment:

• Onabyrcse
    Corpse Trainee

• Onabyrcse
    replied
    I liked the grey hair, made him looked more expirienced. Remember gray hair can get to you in your late 20+, so it doesn't matter how hal was he could have gray hair.

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Bishop
    Fatality's Blacksmith

• Cyber Bishop
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
    Dont like them with his GL run, but with Parallax I thought they came off well

I agree.

Leave a comment:

• Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe

• Ωmega Man
    replied
    I liked that it was explained it was the first signs of Parallax taking over. Hal Jordan ain't no Reed Richards. I didn't care for them.

~KL~

Leave a comment:

• Levy
    Fatality's Blacksmith

• Levy
    replied
    as shallow as it might sound, I find him hotter with grey temples.

Leave a comment:

• Shingo Wol
    Guest replied
    I didnt like it.

Leave a comment:

• tommyofshaolin
    Green Lantern Initiate

• tommyofshaolin
    replied
    actually Hal should only be about 35 in comic book age right?

Leave a comment:

• ion.nai
    existential absurdist

• ion.nai
    replied
    Parallax being the cause for his gray hair is just lame. I would have much preferred it if we saw a panel where Hal was in his bathroom and there was a box of Just For Men on his sink counter top.

I think Rebirth is a great story and very well written... but there are a lot of nonsensical aspects to Hal's return.

Leave a comment:

• James Hunter
    Guest replied
    I actually liked Hal's greying temples (of course I also liked him as Parallax...)

They made him look more distinguished and showed he was just entering early middle age (as he should be)

Cheers.

James.

Leave a comment:

• jGLZa
    Guy's Drinking Buddy

• jGLZa
    replied
    if its true that Hal got is grey temples from Parallax or that Parallax just added abit more grey, then I think its good that he still has it.

Wait for it nw, here I go reading too much into a situation:
    its kinda fair to say that Parallax was a bad guy, so mayb the grey temples remaining are a permanent reminder to Hal of all the bad things he did as Parallax and how he gave into his own fears.

but I reckon the grey has in fact gotten smaller since Rebirth.

Leave a comment:

• Sylent_Asassin
    Black Lantern

• Sylent_Asassin
    replied
    Hal's grey temples was good for the story at the time (Emerald Twilight) and the Parallax infestation explanation was feasible. As mentioned by a few others, if the rest of the DCU aged with him, fine but you can't have an aged Hal while everyone else stays the same. As of now, I like Hal without the grey. Besides, I associate the grey temples with mad, power-hungry villains like Vandal Savage and Ra's Al Ghul.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Heide
    Heide Finition

• Michael Heide
    replied
    I never had a problem with Reed Richards' gray temples. He doesn't seem extremely old to me, just... hmm... distinguished. I got to know Green Lantern as a concept during the "Hal had gray temples" era, so that's how it stuck with me. I'm not angry they're gone, but if they had stayed, that would have been okay with me.

Leave a comment:

• Limelantern
    Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

• Limelantern
    replied
    That was my complaint

Hal got older, but Superman, Wonderwoman, Batman, and the rest of the DCU stayed young.

Leave a comment:

• twoeightonefour
    Weaponer of Qward

• twoeightonefour
    replied
    I didn't mind them but felt they only worked if he age progressed along with the other Silver Age heroes. I didn't like them when you saw Batman, Wonder Woman or Superman looking like they are in the late 20s. One thing I loved about GL is the history to it so I wouldn't mind a Grey templed Hal and a Salt/Peppered John to show the history and progression along with Guy and Kyle but it just doesn't work when you tie him to other heroes. I'm glad they are gone.

Leave a comment:

• everflight
    Corpse Trainee

• everflight
    replied
    Originally posted by Lantern2814.20850 View Post
    Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake Stephanie Brown* and now Damien Wayne

*Stephanie on her "Death-bed" asked Bruce if she was ever really Robin or if it was just a ploy to get Tim to come back Batman told her she was truly Robin for that time
    Technically, Bruce only did go through four Robins as Damien didn't get the nod 'til Dick took over but the general public doesn't know Batman is now the former Nightwing

Don't know why I wasn't thinking about Damien, guess I was stuck on Bruce's Robins

Leave a comment:

Working...
X