Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasn't Guy supposed to be the HERO of Blackest Night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't Guy supposed to be the HERO of Blackest Night?

Well? I remember this being said, and while I didn't read GLv4's or GLC's tie-ins, I didn't get this from BN at all!
    Just another one of Geoff's self-retcons? Or is there something I missed (in which case I'd want to know)?

it shouldve been sinestro imo....
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Owl View Post
      Well?
      No. Guy was the hero of the Blackest Night in the altered timeline in Booster Gold #1 or #2 where Booster accidentally fucked up Hal getting a GL ring at all.

Comment

Ah, I see... thanks Andrew.

Comment

It's OK. You're far from the first to ask about that around here.

Comment

Well, thats good to know... I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              No. Guy was the hero of the Blackest Night in the altered timeline in Booster Gold #1 or #2 where Booster accidentally fucked up Hal getting a GL ring at all.
              Ok, if there was any reason for me to start collecting Booster Gold then that would be it. Just to see how he manages to mess up the timeline like that. (Don't spoil)

Tell me the series is as good as it sounds.
              Revelo
              Corpse Trainee
              Last edited by Revelo; 06-07-2010, 10:06 AM.
              I think Green Lantern is a pretty cool guy, eh overcomes graet fear and doesnt afraid of Sinestro.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelo View Post
                Ok, if there was any reason for me to start collecting Booster Gold then that would be it. Just to see how he manages to mess up the timeline like that. (Don't spoil)

Tell me the series is as good as it sounds.
                I dropped it when the new creative team came on last issue.

Dan Jurgens' run was fantastic though.

Comment

I had dropped the book after Johns and Katz left, but found a couple of issues in the dollar bins at one of the stores in Berlin. Brilliant series.

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Owl View Post
                    Well? I remember this being said, and while I didn't read GLv4's or GLC's tie-ins, I didn't get this from BN at all!
                    Just another one of Geoff's self-retcons? Or is there something I missed (in which case I'd want to know)?
                    Considering Johns' man love for Hal did you really expect Guy to be the big Hero of BN?

Comment

Yes, Guy was supposed to be the hero of Blackest Night. But Geoff retconned that in Booster Gold.

For no good reason. Just another obligatory Geoff-con.

Comment

It was probably dropped, in the same way the Ring ring would have mutated Laira and her eventual redemption. Some plot points get dropped or retconned I guess.

Comment

There was nothing to drop, the fact is people read into it more than there was Guy was never going to be the hero of BN.
                          "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Here's a better question...

Wasn't Blackest Night supposed to be good and the end of the trilogy?

Comment

Originally posted by Raker616 View Post
                              There was nothing to drop, the fact is people read into it more than there was Guy was never going to be the hero of BN.
                              For once, I agree with you. It's like people heard summaries on the internet of Booster Gold #2 and all that sunk in from them was, "Huh? Guy is going to be the hero of Blackest Night?" and didn't pay attention to anything else from them (like, you know, the parts that clearly relegated that as an alternate timeline that was corrected). It's never been mentioned or alluded to anywhere else before or after that story.

Comment

Working...
                              X