The Red Lantern symbol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Red Lantern symbol

so EVS said that the SC symbol came from the Parallax outfit so the RL symbol comes from somewhere too. And I think I found it. If you look at the red guy who was at the beginning of GL#28 and in the War of Light splash(forget his name) the thing on the back of his head, not sure if it's part of him or not, resembles the RL symbol. Just an observation.

i don't see it

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

You are referring to Atrocitus.

I'd say the things on the side of his face do slightly resemble the RL symbol, but thats about it.
      sigpic
      Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

yeah. The shape if you look at the splash page in GL#25. The back of his head KINDA looks like the RL symbol.

Comment

I'll check it out.
          sigpic
          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

you talking about the guy on the right

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I don't really see it. Maybe it's based on something we haven't seen yet.

Comment

RL symbol is perfect, when i look at it, its like looking at a devil's symbol... its like a circle with two long sinister looking horns

Comment

Red Lantern Laira

Comment

I think the symbols are going to go back a whole hell of lot longer than the last year's worth of comics. Look through Tales of the GLC Annual #2 for the symbology, or maybe the Red Lantern symbol is stemming from something else... the true force behind them all, their Guardian(s).

Again, I don't imagine the imprisoned members on Ysmault created that first Lantern themselves. And surely there must be a Central Battery somewhere, perhaps not even on Ysmault at all?

Comment

Also, the "Yellow Lantern" symbol is from the Parallax costume, but it's supposed to be originated from the Parallax entities body itself. Although it is a retcon, the suit of Hal as Parallax was meant to have the symbol because the entity had it as well. The same goes for Ion, this was a retcon too. The symbol Kyle had on his 2nd GL suit and 2nd Ion suit is on the actual body of the Ion entity. So the same should be assumed for therest of the entities. We should expect, when we see them, that they will have the respective symbols, somewhere, somehow, on their bodies as well.

The thing I don't mind about most, not all, but most of Geoff's retcons. Is that he hasn't really changed the facts. He just goes back and adds more detail to things that were never mentioned at the time, but could have been. So in a sense, he's not really changing things, just adding more depth to the past, present, and future.....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil3940 View Post
                        Red Lantern Laira
                        Red Lantern Laira is HHHHHHOOOOOT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                          I think the symbols are going to go back a whole hell of lot longer than the last year's worth of comics. Look through Tales of the GLC Annual #2 for the symbology, or maybe the Red Lantern symbol is stemming from something else... the true force behind them all, their Guardian(s).

Again, I don't imagine the imprisoned members on Ysmault created that first Lantern themselves. And surely there must be a Central Battery somewhere, perhaps not even on Ysmault at all?
                          Dunno...all the batteries and rings have to start from somewhere...if the red lanterns were around already..why haven't we seen them by now. I think it's the first red lantern. As the Guardians have said "the powers of the emotional spectrums are being harnessed." This would imply that that red lantern is the first...as well as the others that have yet to come into existence.

Comment

I thought the red lantern symbol was merely the GL symbol on it's side with a few extra points.
                            Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Yellow Lantern symbol is based on Parallax
                              Purple Lantern symbol is based on Star Sapphire
                              Black Lantern symbol is based on Black Hand

the Red Lantern symbol looks to me like Dr Polaris' old helmet...

(if we take it further, I'd wonder if the orange had something to do with Hector Hammond)
                              Kane2814
                              Weaponer of Qward
                              Last edited by Kane2814; 03-17-2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X