Where was SINESTRO for like ten years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
    Keep his "victory" from disappearing? His attempt to ruin Hal's reputation and make people view Hal like he, Sinestro, was viewed, was failing miserably, eroding day by day, as more and more people forgave Hal for his actions and viewed him as still a hero, including, eventually, Batman. The Guardians were reborn, the CPB repowered, and the Corps on its way back. His "victory" was evaporating every day.

You'd think he'd try to use his influence with Parallax to get Hal to commit another atrocity. Or maybe take the obvious opportunity to eliminate the Guardians as children (when they MUST have been more vulnerable). Or do SOMETHING.
    Yeah like work on building his own Corps, to help him gain control of the universe, and have the Guardians turn the GLC into killers thus losing any moral high ground. Oh wait, he did that. As for the Guardians being brought back, I think they were fairly powerful remember the one that aged herself and killed Kyle. But why kill them instead make them serve your purpose, Sinestro used Hal to destroy the GLCs and used the Guardians to "destroy" the GLC (remember the third law sent TONS of rings back to Oa). Hearts and minds.
    http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
    http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
    Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
    I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

...We have strip clubs in Qward too, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinestro View Post
        ...We have strip clubs in Qward too, you know.
        But they have to be very orderly strip clubs. I see lyssa drak on the pole.

Comment

coming up with "Alley Rat"
          Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Gl Josh View Post
            Yeah like work on building his own Corps, to help him gain control of the universe, and have the Guardians turn the GLC into killers thus losing any moral high ground. Oh wait, he did that. As for the Guardians being brought back, I think they were fairly powerful remember the one that aged herself and killed Kyle. But why kill them instead make them serve your purpose, Sinestro used Hal to destroy the GLCs and used the Guardians to "destroy" the GLC (remember the third law sent TONS of rings back to Oa). Hearts and minds.
            Except evidence suggests that he didn't start recruiting for the Sinestro Corps until AFTER Rebirth, so that's out the window. And the Third Law was none of Sinestro's doing, and was post Rebirth as well. What was he doing BEFORE Rebirth, while his gains eroded?

No, of course the real reason he didn't do anything before Rebirth is that he was dead. Rebirth retroactively un-killed him, but it didn't try to fit in a bunch of activity that would be hard to mesh with his total absence during those years.
            Mister Ed
            Horse of a Different Color
            Last edited by Mister Ed; 02-23-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I figured he was starting the Sin Corps. Even if he started recruiting only after Rebirth, there's still the battery and rings to build.

And, in fairness, the Kyle era didn't last 10 years DC time.

Comment

Also, just so you know, this mustache doesn't take care of itself.

...At least not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  Except evidence suggests that he didn't start recruiting for the Sinestro Corps until AFTER Rebirth, so that's out the window. And the Third Law was none of Sinestro's doing, and was post Rebirth as well. What was he doing BEFORE Rebirth, while his gains eroded?

No, of course the real reason he didn't do anything before Rebirth is that he was dead. Rebirth retroactively un-killed him, but it didn't try to fit in a bunch of activity that would be hard to mesh with his total absence during those years.
                  Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
                  I figured he was starting the Sin Corps. Even if he started recruiting only after Rebirth, there's still the battery and rings to build.

And, in fairness, the Kyle era didn't last 10 years DC time.
                  Well the Sin Corp had factories to make the rings and pretty much a planet to control. So I would assume that you know that takes time, plus it was 10 years our time, so that's is what like 2 years comic time (using 7 years our time equals 1 year comic time). If you really want to know what Sin was up to ask Johns. It took the Qwards years to make Sinestro ring, whence why the Qwards only made two rings before Sin took over.
                  I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

he was recruiting contractors and comparing building materials for the best value. Then he was scoping out the best designers in the galaxy to see who would make a master outfit that would work with thousands of uniforms, THEN he went to china to have them mass produce this stuff.

building a successful business from the ground up is hard work, that is why he named it "Sinestro's Corp". He is self made!

http://www.twitter.com/TheOtherMarioC

Comment

Originally posted by mrjasontodd View Post
                      he was recruiting contractors and comparing building materials for the best value. Then he was scoping out the best designers in the galaxy to see who would make a master outfit that would work with thousands of uniforms, THEN he went to china to have them mass produce this stuff.

building a successful business from the ground up is hard work, that is why he named it "Sinestro's Corp". He is self made!
                      Well I have been having the Chinese make most of my suits for years.

Comment

Maybe there is a one more punch of superboy prime in the reality.
                        Like for the fact that Jason todd was dead but alive to !

Comment

Working...
                        X