No announcement yet.

Green Lantern #65 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wouldn't Kyle be 2814.1? The Corps was wiped out and Hal was dead and Kyle was the only GL, period, for a long time. He'd be 2814.1 then. Then John got a ring, that'd make John 2814.2. Then Hal came back to life and got an old ring back, which would make him 2814.3. Then Guy lost his Vuldarian crap and would have been 2814.4.

Oh, I forgot. The #s aren't logical, they just refer to the order Geoff likes his GLs.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by William Tel of SU Delta View Post
      lol I was making a joke to see if tazer had a snappy comeback
      I didnt, but that was partly due to being in the middle of an Infected siege in L4D when I typed that, so mah attention was mostly elsewhere.........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Achernosis View Post
        Why wouldn't Kyle be 2814.1? The Corps was wiped out and Hal was dead and Kyle was the only GL, period, for a long time. He'd be 2814.1 then. Then John got a ring, that'd make John 2814.2. Then Hal came back to life and got an old ring back, which would make him 2814.3. Then Guy lost his Vuldarian crap and would have been 2814.4.

Oh, I forgot. The #s aren't logical, they just refer to the order Geoff likes his GLs.
        That's really not a fair assessment. If you based it on who became GLs first, then the order would be Hal, Guy, John and Kyle. Even looking at it past Emerald Twilight, Kyle and John when they were both GLs were GLs without a full Corps (and for most of Kyle's run, without even a charged Central Power Battery). Once the Corps was restarted, and each sector gained two green lanterns, Hal and John became sector partners and Guy along with Kyle became Honor Guard. So the . number must be based on who is actually guarding the sector first (2814.1, 2814.2), and then trickles down to Honor Guard. The only real question would be why Guy moved up to 2814.2, but maybe because since everyone but Hal is now Honor Guard from that sector, it reverts back to the order inducted into the Corps.
        Spectremjm
        Corps Honor Guard
        Last edited by Spectremjm; 04-19-2011, 07:35 PM.
        "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
        Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
        Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
        who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
        to change the world. This time, Lord...
        Let me be worthy."

Comment

Actually, John became a GL before Guy did. Guy was introduced earlier, and he was supposedly Hal's backup, but he never got a ring until after John had. In fact, I don't even think he KNEW he was Hal's backup at that point.

Comment

I wasn't sure about whether he got the ring first, before John or not, but I knew he was "chosen" first. Good catch. But that alone might be enough of a reason for him to come first before John, since he was actually Hal's handcuff in case of emergency. But it still could have just been lazy research or a typo as well.
            "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
            Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
            Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
            who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
            to change the world. This time, Lord...
            Let me be worthy."

Comment

Can I be Green Lantern of Sector 2814.whothefuckcares?

Comment

VERY VERY nice issue. Glad to see Mr. Johns isn't all about the excessive use of double-page spreads and full spreads in this issue.

Loved the part were Hal and Guy get into the pod together. Nice, lite humor added to the story,

The whole skittles corps deal was something I didn't really want happening, thought it was going to be ALL GREEN, but it was handled well, and it was exciting seeing each gl choose a diff ring.

Also, I liked it when John picks the orange ring. THAT one would've been my first choice for him as well.

Good issue. Fun to read. Can't wait to read GLC! 4/5

Comment

:Moderator:

What is there to say about this issue? Decent art, super fast read, lead-up issue to GLC. And some half assed jokes, yay.

3/5.
                  sigpic
                  Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Synister Urge View Post
                    Also, I liked it when John picks the orange ring. THAT one would've been my first choice for him as well.
                    Why? I'll admit that my knowledge of John is pretty basic but there are only a couple of instances where he shows avarice and both are questionable: Firstly when Carol murdered Katma Tui (there was certainly as much rage involved there as well); secondly in the Justice League cartoons when he and Hwakgirl were going through a rough patch (not much of a case there as it was an alternate universe).
                    Minimum space distance:
                    a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
                    ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

Nice art, decent read. My favorite parts of the issue were the ones with Guy and Hal without their rings. I'm sorry but some of my favorite Hal moments are him without his ring, overcoming all odds to save the day. When Hal does the impossible without the ring the 11 year old kid in me geeks out. Their were gleams of moments like that here. And the issue reminds me that Guy and Hal work GREAT together as characters when done right. It makes me realize just how many missed opportunities they've had over the years by making Guy an imbicile. "That better be your belt buckle." Classic.

After that the rest of the issue was ok for me. The part with the rings played out as logically as one could hope...except for John. This is what happens when half of the rainbow brigade rings you create are for pansies. The "bad" guys get the cool rings and the "good" guys get the lame ones. John with a "indigo ring of compassion" highlights that so well. Even in the story it's handled uncomfortably! Kyle with a blue ring is shitty too, just a different shade of brown.

Comment

Originally posted by William Tel of SU Delta View Post
                        "I will Nok...yo @$$ out" - John to Krona
                        That's pretty good!

Comment

This issue reminds of why I love Guy Gardner

Did Geoff Johns actually write 2 good issues issues in a row
                          see what happens when you're not try to change the whole DCU

4.5 rounds up in this poll
                          ns2
                          Your Clash At Demonhead
                          Last edited by ns2; 04-21-2011, 01:45 AM.
                          Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

did anyone notice the ship they flew (from the green house) is A LOT like the ship shown at NYCC for the GL animated series... i'm like 90% sure its the same ship

Comment

I hope this new ring thing lasts only one issue, or two. They're GREEN lanterns. That's why I read it. John looks like shit.
                              I think it's just too much to take, with the deputies, and the Guardians/Entities, and now this...I'm all in for new plots, and exploring different possibilities. But take it easy, Johns.

Comment

I would have liked to have seen John try to defend picking the Orange by saying something like "Its the power of a Corp in one ring, and with our odds right now, we need that kind of power"

Comment

Working...
                                X