Reading Order for GL/GLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...R2ST32M82JK4TM

Heres what Ive always used as a source. The best.

Comment

I'm very tight on cash and was wondering if it's acceptable to skip the Corps trades and stick with an order like this?

Rebirth
      No Fear
      Revenge of the GLs
      Wanted
      SCW
      etc.
      My film crew:
      Zenisphere Films on Facebook
      Zenisphere Films on Youtube

Comment

Yeah. But at some point GLC gets better than GL. I'd say spring for Sins of the Star Sapphires.

Comment

Originally posted by Corwin View Post
          Yeah. But at some point GLC gets better than GL. I'd say spring for Sins of the Star Sapphires.
          Thanks.

Now what about the Ion books? I hear from some that they are necessary lead-ins to SCW, then I hear from others that they can be skipped. What's the general consensus here?
          My film crew:

Comment

Hmm. Good question. The Ion series was 12 issues. The most important thing you'd have to know—if it's even still in continuity—is that Kyle was Ion (host to the entity of will power). However, that series picked up after he had been Ion for a while and then told an adventure/mystery during that time. I would say it's not necessary background.

Comment

Originally posted by JGBarnes View Post
              Thanks.

Now what about the Ion books? I hear from some that they are necessary lead-ins to SCW, then I hear from others that they can be skipped. What's the general consensus here?
              Only pic that up if you're a huge Kyle fan.

Oh and GLC Emerald Eclipse is good also. It follows up Sins of the Star Sapphires...and Ring Quest is good too (before both).

Crap. I'd drop Wanted Hal Jordan for Emerald Eclipse if you had to choose.

Comment

I'm reading GL corps and and just finished # 13 and saw that # 14 was part three for Sinestro war. I check this thread and saw those 2 issues which I don't have :
                Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps: Secret Files and Origins #1
                Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special #1

So, I wondered if I could just read GL and GLCorps or if those two one-shots were essential ? Thanks !
                My pull list : Green lantern, Green lantern corps, Green lantern new guardians, Red lanterns, Demon knights, Stormwatch, Earth 2, World's finest, Batman incorporated, Batman, Detective comics, Suicide squad, The savage hawkman, Green arrow, Wonder woman, The ravagers, Justice league international, Justice league, Justice league dark, Supergirl, Superman, Incredible hulk, Fatale, Game of thrones.

Comment

You can follow the story without them (both are side stories), but I seem to remember liking both.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is going to help anyone with reading order or just be a nuisance, but Revenge of the Green Lanterns and Wanted were pretty awful books, in my opinion. The Star Sapphire stuff was a massive turn off for me and had my eyes rolling page after page. I was very displeased that I paid for it.

The GLC stuff leading up to SCW was OK, but just OK. Glad I didn't pay for those. It's unfortunate that even the bad stuff has relevant information to the SCW story which was pretty good, but nowhere near as good as I was expecting from the hype. Maybe my expectations were a little too high.

The worst was having to read Zero Hour, Final Night, and Day of Judgment (also didn't pay) just to fully appreciate Rebirth -- which I did immensely. I hadn't read these prior to my first time trying Rebirth and I couldn't get into it whatsoever. In fact, I shut it and looked up what else I needed under my belt first. Reading the previous books really helped a lot as arduous as it was to get through them. With that said, I did, indeed, enjoy Emerald Twilight & New Dawn as well as the Geoff Johns selections from In Brightest Day.

After finally reading all of that and returning to Rebirth...just wow! It's absolutely brilliant what Johns did for GL considering the mess of a fiction that preceded his resuscitation of the character. Borderline genius if you ask me. No Fear and then Secret Origin were both great. SCW not so much, but still very much worth my time and I'm glad to have it on my shelf. I'm just so surprised that Revenge and Wanted were such huge steps back after Johns blew me away with Rebirth.

Or maybe it's just me?
                    My film crew:

Comment

• If you didn't like that stuff you won't like what follows.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGBarnes View Post
                        The GLC stuff leading up to SCW was OK, but just OK. Glad I didn't pay for those. It's unfortunate that even the bad stuff has relevant information to the SCW story which was pretty good, but nowhere near as good as I was expecting from the hype. Maybe my expectations were a little too high.
                        Have you read Infinite Crisis? I liked a lot of the post Sinestro Corps War stuff in GLC a bit more than in GL.

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        If you didn't like that stuff you won't like what follows.
                        Yeah you're probably right on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corwin View Post
                          Have you read Infinite Crisis? I liked a lot of the post Sinestro Corps War stuff in GLC a bit more than in GL.
                          Haven't read Infinite Crisis yet. I was gonna try to do that before reading SCW, but I had gotten SCW in the mail and it was sitting on my book shelf for like a week while I read all the GLC that precedes it. By the time I was done with GLC and a little underwhelmed, I just didn't want to wait to crack open SCW.

Infinite Crisis I imagine I'll be reading soon. It's always been on my radar. As for what follows SCW, I think I'm just gonna DL that stuff because I really would like to try to avoid that feeling of wasted money again.
                          My film crew:

Comment

Working...
                          X