No announcement yet.

Prelude to Blackest Night sum up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, Blackest Night is its own DC event... its not soley within GL and GLC like SCW was... thats why I'm getting it. If it were an internal GL/GLC event, I wouldn't bother... but when I found out that it was its own thing, I decided to pick it up... and I only decided to get teh GL/GLC issues that go along with it becasue of the potential sale worth afterwards if I don't care for it. Plus, I've been getting most things Batman recently, and there's the BN:Batman mini involved, so... yeah.
    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

yeah I'll follow it and sell the 1st prints on eBay once the paperback comes out. Glad to hear you got $20 profit on Sinestro Corps...with the following this will get there's bound to be many late fans, I can only imagine the profit margin on a 1st print NM Blackest Night full run

Comment

Originally posted by joeylavoie View Post
        yeah I'll follow it and sell the 1st prints on eBay once the paperback comes out. Glad to hear you got $20 profit on Sinestro Corps...with the following this will get there's bound to be many late fans, I can only imagine the profit margin on a 1st print NM Blackest Night full run
        DC is gonna print the shit out of this book. Unless it sells an unheard amount, I wouldn't doubt it being worth much more than what you pay. But who knows, I ain't a doctor.

Comment

There were 5 prints of the Sinestro Corps Special... I wouldn't be surprised if Blackest Night #1 followed suit... regardless of how much DC expects it to sell, they know how various prints and varient covers work... they know there are people who will buy it multiple times to get all the covers, thus its in their best interest to make multiple prints, becasue it still gets wide spread for all those who want it, but it also gets them the double, triple, quadruple, etc, dips that bring in more money.

Comment

yeah thats true. i guess we'll have to see if there's a bum-rush on eBay once the last issue is released

Comment

Okay, Blackest Night is its own DC event... its not soley within GL and GLC like SCW was... thats why I'm getting it. If it were an internal GL/GLC event, I wouldn't bother... but when I found out that it was its own thing, I decided to pick it up... and I only decided to get teh GL/GLC issues that go along with it becasue of the potential sale worth afterwards if I don't care for it. Plus, I've been getting most things Batman recently, and there's the BN:Batman mini involved, so... yeah.
              Hey you can do what you please, all i'm saying is that you've made it clear that you don't like what Johns has done with Hal that's why you aren't reading GL. Now you are going to be buying a series that is written by Johns and stars Hal just because it isn't all GL all the time. It doesn't mean that you won't have the same problems if not more it's just weird to read that, but hey I welcome any added sales for BN so enjoy the ride.
              "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Its not weird that he wants to read the next DC event that stars his favorite character. Its just conflicting because he'll probably suffer from bits of rage when he sees/reads discrepancies with the book and previous reads. But he shouldn't have to think twice about picking up DC's big event of the year, especially if he hasn't stopped reading other DC titles. I mean shit, most of you people hate Grant Morrison but still picked up Final Crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                  Its not weird that he wants to read the next DC event that stars his favorite character. Its just conflicting because he'll probably suffer from bits of rage when he sees/reads discrepancies with the book and previous reads. But he shouldn't have to think twice about picking up DC's big event of the year, especially if he hasn't stopped reading other DC titles. I mean shit, most of you people hate Grant Morrison but still picked up Final Crisis.
                  I was going to just get Blackest Night without any of the lead up but I couldn't pass it all up. I missed Rage but besides that I'm good. Geoff is pretty good at making is easy for new readers so i have faith everything will be understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by SFH View Post
                    -The Guardians of the Universe are increasingly becoming too stupid to live.
                    well said.

Comment

Originally Posted by W.West
                      Nice comparison West it would be like me picking up Morrison's Multiverse project after my rants about FC, it would be a waste of time and money and grief for all involved but hey some comic fans are weird like that.
                      "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

I am indeed weird.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post

-Sodom Yat just flew into the sun, most likely to make it yellow so his people can kick ass.

when did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by dragonwolf View Post
                            when did this happen?
                            It was in the last GLC issue i think it was 36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BF62pYelLU

Comment

Yeah, "infected". that kinna' pissed me off. It's okay, I don't know Geoff made a whole new GL for me. I was used to Vol. 3 when it was still a comic and not a whole arc of continuous bull. It doesn't seem like Gl anymore, but I still read it. I can't wait much longerr for this corps shit to just got to hell after BN. I really didn't like the fact of the "infection" or host, but It is pretty cool.
                              Well I think everyone got everything anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by dragonwolf View Post
                                when did this happen?
                                Hey, I remember this guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X