Blackest Night #1 *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
    Erm, well ... the continuity cop in me needs to disagree with you here. On the costumes bit anyhow. Kat should have worn a standard GL uniform for the panel where she trains Jhon. And Star Saphire killed Kat with her jewel mounted on her ring; which made the first Saphire Ring in GL continuity. Although, since we didn't see it, she might have done it with her clws .... but her jewel should have been on a ring.

Still an excellent issue with surprising use of continuity.
    Good eye with Kat's costume in that panel. I saw John's was correct, and just assumed hers was too. Come to think of it, was he even still wearing his mask by that point? He only had it a couple of issues before he ditched it. Though I didn't see any ring on Carol; just the claws she used in ACW.

Either way, the attempt at continuity by the writer and artist is appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
      Thank you for posting this! I was wondering who he was and now I know.

Same here my friend! I was trying to figure out who he was too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
        Good eye with Kat's costume in that panel. I saw John's was correct, and just assumed hers was too. Come to think of it, was he even still wearing his mask by that point? He only had it a couple of issues before he ditched it. Though I didn't see any ring on Carol; just the claws she used in ACW.

Either way, the attempt at continuity by the writer and artist is appreciated!
        (Checks quickly)

Actually, no. That panel is after the Predator met Kat, which is at GL 190. John was not wearing his mask at that time ... by two issues.

Carol should have had a ring on; the jewel should not have been on her headdress. ACW implies heavily that she used her ring to kill Kat, as she "killed" a construct she made of Hal earlier. Her ring was just her jewel mounted on a band. It was pretty rediculous.

Although I am happy to see that the continuity is as intact as it is. And not just glossed over either! Wow. After Secret Origins, I was ready to just write off Vol 2.

Comment

• Will post my thoughts in a review later.

Why did the Guardian have yellow blood?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            Will post my thoughts in a review later.

Because they're yellow bellied bastards?

Comment

Because he was feeling fear?

When they're full of will, they have green blood.

Full of death? Black blood.

Fear? Yellow blood.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

erm..........to get to the other side maybe??

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post

Fear? Yellow blood.
                nah, I thin A-NDB is referring to the Oans having been shown to have red blood previously.......atleast, *I think* thats wat we saw when the Old Timer died.

Tazer
                Tazer
                That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                Last edited by Tazer; 07-16-2009, 02:32 AM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Hm... Guy Gardner with white boots, check...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                    WOW! God damn that was a great issue! Like most of you, I loved it. I gave it a solid and well deserved four stars. I even considered giving it five stars for a moment, but I kept my objectivity.

A few questions/observations:

Why do they not come right out and talk about Bruce's remains? Is it me, or do they seem a bit vague about who knows what concerning Bruce's fate? Blackhand licking what "appears" to be Bruce's skull was downright creepy! I was wondering if he was going to skull f*ck it, because he seemed to be down with it!

That doble page spread of all the human GLs in Coast City was beautiful (Sorry Andrew!). That image definately needs to be made into a poster. Wallpaper anyone?

Nice recap of the deaths on page 7. Apparently Kat's death hasn't been retconned. Even the costumes for each panel were correct.

The Rogues bringing the keg to their gathering was a great touch.

I like that the League keeps many of their deceased villains in a crypt that they secure. Makes sense if you think about how often dead metahumans return to life in the DCU.

I know it seems late, but I was glad to see some kind of reaction with Barry learing about what has happened to some of his friends and contemporaries. Too often they don't make time for these kind of scenes, and just gloss right over them. It made sense to get his reaction here, as it had everything to do with what happens a few pages later.

The Hawks. I don't know what to say about this. I'm not really surprised; DC doesn't seem to know what to do with them lately, and they can't even decide if they are dead or alive half the time. But in this one issue, we see more of the Hawks than we've seen since Hawkman #49. Do I want them dead? Hell no; Hawkman is one of my top ten all time favorite heroes. But it was well done, and it's only a matter of time before they come back. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the zombie versions with black rings! Anyone note that the Dibney's zones in on Rage and love like a Predator from the Arnold flick? Is that one of the black rings abilities? To zone in on the seven emotions in the spectrum?

Thank God Carol's safe huh? Great panel, LOL.

So Scar finally reveals herself! Apparently with a flair for the dramatic; I didn't expect her to rip out a Guardians throat and heart! I think we can classify him as dead, but the rest are definately captured. This now gets us down to seven Guardians, so they better be careful!

Loved the splah page of Black Lanterns. Arkis Chummuck! The original Galius Zed and Chaselon! Kreon!Jack T Chance! Ch'p! Bzzd!

...But where was Tomar Re? He's about the biggest dead GLC member of them all.

Anyway, GREAT F'N issue!!!
                    Nice review brotha, I agree. Where is Tomar Re???

Comment

• OMFG that was an amazing first issue!

Best quote by GG ever : "What the *@&!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                        OMFG that was an amazing first issue!

Best quote by GG ever : "What the *@&!"
                        Everyone seems to love that quote from Guy. I liked it too but everyone knows Guy has something funny to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post

Fear? Yellow blood.
                          That's what I got out of it as well, considering one of them said "I fear Ganthet may have been right."

They must be like rainbows inside
                          sigpic
                          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• Jack T. Chance looks awesome as a Black Lantern. My favorite of all the GL Black Lanterns (so far). I bet Abin Sur is gonna look awesome.

Comment

Hm... Guy Gardner with white boots, check...
                              Where are you seeing this? They are green in mine...
                              sigpic
                              Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                                That's what I got out of it as well, considering one of them said "I fear Ganthet may have been right."

They must be like rainbows inside
                                Ganthet is always right, haha!

Comment

Working...
                                X