Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you quit reading green lantern comics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been following GL, GLC, and New Guardians since the start of the New 52. So far, the GLC is the one that interests me the most in terms of story. I would like to follow each GL stories that I could regardless of how bad or good the story is as long as it features GL or the GLC. Just to follow the history of the character and that of the Corps even though DC had its New 52 and had altered the GL storyline after that of the WOTGL.

http://www.green-bloggers-site.com

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
      I stopped Red Lantern if that counts
      You're a smarter man than I am!

Comment

Why?

Comment

Ive stopped paying for Green Lantern comics. Actually all comics at the moment. Finances are really tough right now and I cant afford to be spending around 35 dollars a week on comics. I still read every Lantern comic I can from friends. Plus the owners of my LCS let me read issues in the store from time to time when theyre not busy.

Comment

I'm a sucker for a power ring so I'm currently collecting all four titles, however I'm on the brink of dropping Red Lanterns.

If I could go back in time, I would have never purchased any of the Slightest Day issues. It had almost nothing to do with Green Lantern. Hal tried picking up the white lantern in issue 1, couldn't and flew away. The issues were mired with stories that went nowhere and forced us to read about characters we didn't give a damn about... and the worst part of all was the purpose of BD: to revive Swamp Thing. I was so disgusted that I never even read the last issue.

Comment

I have been piling up my Red Lanterns to read all at once. Sounds like this may be painful.

Another Lame Comic Blog!

Comment

I don't read GLC and Red Lanterns.

Comment

I stopped getting comics, including GL, for a short time during Kyle's run (not because of Kyle's run, which I enjoyed. I honestly don't remember now why I stopped. Probably money related). When I started up again, I picked up all the back issues I missed. I haven't stopped since.
                  Mister Ed
                  Horse of a Different Color
                  Last edited by Mister Ed; 02-08-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

After picking GL back up as my only New 52 title, I'm probably dropping it again with #6.

I've liked the first five issues, but having no interest in the different color corps, I have no reason to pick up the Indigo story that's about to start.

Maybe when it's over, I'll see where it goes.

Comment

My only problem with the GL comics, is that I can only pick up comics every other week. So yeah, eventually I'll probably have to drop it (and get back to it soon).

Comment

I stopped reading GL after Sinestro Corp War because I got tired of John's writing. That story started off interesting, but adding that stupid yellow mantis, Superboy-Prime, and the most boring cardboard plot device ever (Anti-Monitor) killed it for me. I'm not fond of Jordan becoming an idiot, but v5 at least actually did something with GL that hadn't been done before.

I've only been reading GL since 2002 due to trades I bought or borrowed from the library, but I did go back and read v3. I think it sucks that GL: Mosaic and Guy Gardner pretty much got retconned into nothing. Seeing Johns turn John Stewart from an interesting and introspective artist into Hal Jordan's Towel Boy was not fun to read. Then after that, he got turned into a one-dimensional gun wielding Angry Black Man. That really pissed me off. I also wish Guy still disliked Hal. Their relationship was more interesting when they didn't get along.

Give 'em the evil look son!

Comment

jumping back on with Indigo Tribe arc
                          Rockstar Social Club: CircusRock || XBL: Aquaman Returns

Comment

Gave up after Blackest Night and I only stuck with that because I wanted to finish what I started. Johns is the epitome of clown shoes and I won't be back until they get someone who can do something to fix what he has broken.
                            Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
                              Gave up after Blackest Night and I only stuck with that because I wanted to finish what I started. Johns is the epitome of clown shoes and I won't be back until they get someone who can do something to fix what he has broken.
                              Amen, brother.

Comment

I missed a good chunk of GL between the Ion maxi-series and Hal's last volume. I missed the last half of Ion and picked it up in trade, and managed to get the first three issues of Hal's series. I didn't touch GL or GLC until the Sin War started and even still only managed to pick up a few of those issues. After Ring Quest and the initial Alpha Lantern arcs I started picking up the GL stuff monthly and haven't quit. I'm actually collecting more comics now than I ever have, I don't care how broke I am.

Comics are my one hobby, and GL will forever be my favorite franchise.

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                                X