No announcement yet.

Green Lantern #13 Preview/Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hated this issue. Too much going on with Baz, he's been introduced way too ealry. Like most are saying we don't even have a good back story on our current GL's so Baz is gumming up the works. Horrible character as well.

Comment

Alright so I bought this issue because I want to buy all the issue of Green Lantern and Simon is growing on me. This issue was pretty good, I honestly believe it's just Simon Baz Secret Origin and like Secret Origin this is a good story just at the wrong time. I hope we see a little more of Hal, Sinestro, Black Hand and Agent Fed.
      No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

You all are missing the central point of the New 52. It's a long-range marketing effort, and a fairly successful one; for the first time in recent collective memory, DC leads Marvel in some sales figures. But of COURSE they are hedging their bets! Interest in the New 52 will wane and they'll have to do something "new" and "spectacular" to keep the interest level going (and make it damn soon, people, my drop list keeps growing).

Summer Event Warning: Pandora has screwed with the time lines! They are shattered! They need to be repaired! They can always play the Pandora card and "make it right" again! So it may be the present disjointed continuity which goes away, not the 75 years of the past. Depends on sales and boredom.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
          ...They can always play the Pandora card and "make it right" again! So it may be the present disjointed continuity which goes away, not the 75 years of the past. Depends on sales and boredom.
          Not 75. 26. Crisis re-wrote DC continuity about as much as New 52 (not to mention the soft compression of Zero Hour).

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Not 75. 26. Crisis re-wrote DC continuity about as much as New 52 (not to mention the soft compression of Zero Hour).
            OH GOD! Stop with the reminders. Every decade or so I have to relearn an entire univers' history,,,too overwhelming,,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              It is often easy to forget that, coming from the standpoint of a GL fan as I do. Crisis did almost nothing to GL history.

Comment

I dunno if Crisis rewrote as much as the New 52. Sure a lot was changed, but many pre-Crisis stories were still in continuity. Even years later, we had Booster Gold visiting the Great Darkness Saga in his own book, for instance. The same can't be said of the New 52, where every single chaarcter has an entirely new backstory. Save for GL, who has, at best, spotty past continuity.

Zero Hour wasn't so bad. Sure there was a lot of compression, but the compression was always implied before (since nobody ages in comics) and it didn't really overwrite anything major.

Comment

What pisses me almost as much as this new52 suck continuity are those annoying commercial pages and previews from other series in the comic books. In the " older" comic books there were always commercials in between. But after I finished reading the last GL, GLC, etc. Issues. I thought WTF?. How many pages for which I payed 2,99€ did actually contained a progress for the whole story. Maybe I'm starting to get a little old or senile, but I find them harder to ignore than the X-Ray glasses and spycam, matchbox cars commercial pages back in the days. I give a flying fart about Superman and the new Green Arrow TV series. I don't need a GL book to be informed that there is a new Superman story arc. Maybe I only had a bad day while reading. But this overflow of commercial crap bothered me extremely this time.
                  Mosaic
                  Star Sapphire's Love Slave
                  Last edited by Mosaic; 11-04-2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X