Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOLY SH!T THEY JUST KILLED..........................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLY SH!T THEY JUST KILLED..........................

did not see this coming........................ and neither did he

Fan-favorite [redacted] was just killed in a bizarre and brutal way

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Do we even consider these real comics anymore?

Comment

We cannot. Each comic book writer is the mentally infected narcissistic artist of the 1880s in Europe and America in the 1920s. Continuity was "fixed" by Infinite Crisis, only to be ruined again months later. Comics books exist to sell and make money, and the editors today are convinced that shock value and nihilism is the only way to attract young readers to buy their product.

Case in point: Tora never slept with anybody else during the days of Justice League International when the comic was produced in the 1980s. Most of her relationship with Guy Gardner was not the one-night-hookup type. Tora was the "good girl" on the team. If this continuity is after the Overmaster story arc but before Guy lost to Hal Jordan and got Sinesto's yellow ring, then Guy's GL ring still had autodefense and other powers.

It is beginning to sound like the Human Target plot is to "corrupt" Tora, even to the point I'll say that it's starting to look like Tora is the person who poisoned the drink that ultimately is supposed to kill Chance, the main character in this comic line. Oh sure, they're making it look like Fire is the culprit, but with all the twists and turns, I am further suspecting the "good girl gone bad".

If this really was Guy, and not a construct or somebody else, then The Human Target just went to an alternate universe.

Comment

Tom King is a complete fucking hack. Screw DC for giving that jackass work. How many character assassinations will he be allowed to do before DC gets the hint that fans are repulsed by this tactic?

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
          ...If this really was Guy, and not a construct or somebody else, then The Human Target just went to an alternate universe.
          Yeah, I thought Black Label were in continuity, but there's no way they killed Guy as a secondary plot point in a Human Target comic.

Comment

Tom King is a quick way to turn me off of a book. He's been given characters that any creator worth half his salt could really make something great with, but instead DC is okay with publishing his wannabe-Moore story telling and character assassinations.
            Ωmega Man
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Ωmega Man; 04-02-2022, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by â¦mega Man View Post
              Tom King is a quick way to turn me off of a book. He's been given characters that any creator worth half his salt could really make something great with, but instead DC is okay with publishing his wannabe-Moore story telling and character assassinations.
              His Mom works at DC iirc. This is why we're stuck with this hack.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                Do we even consider these real comics anymore?
                Let's call Modern Comics [especially from Marvel and DC] what they really are. See Insert fanfics that they have the utter nerve to charge us for.

Comment

So is he really dead or was this a FAKE ploy?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                    So is he really dead or was this a FAKE ploy?
                    It's an alternate universe since Guy shows up alive with the rest of the GLC in Dark Crisis [on Infinite Earths] #2.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post

It's an alternate universe since Guy shows up alive with the rest of the GLC in Dark Crisis [on Infinite Earths] #2.
                      awww so like always death means nothing when it comes to comics...................... and this is why them killing off the JL meant nothing to me

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post

awww so like always death means nothing when it comes to comics...................... and this is why them killing off the JL meant nothing to me
                        Ice pretty much murdering him should have been the major clue that this story is non canon or in an alternate universe.

Comment

Working...
                        X