Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JayJayCAW View Post
    big shit, he still lifted a whole island made of Kryptonite, and he didnt fly to the sun to get the strength needed, he did it to heal after he got stabbed by Lex.

But the second he was within range of the Kryptonite island he would have been exactly the same as he was when he got beaten up.

My point is Bryan Singer a so called "Superman fan" clearly doesn't know jack shit and its beyond me to figure out how he can direct a scene like the Return to Krypton scene in a near perfect way and then go and literally fuck up the rest of the movie?
    on top of the island the kryptonite was exposed, when he lifted it he did so with alot of the earths crust and land so he was shielded for alot of it until the land started to fall away and expose the kryptonite, then he was getting weaker but manage to use his remaining strength to push it into space, thats when he passed out and fell back to earth.

Comment

• God dammit....

Stop making excuses for that movie!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
        God dammit....

Stop making excuses for that movie!
        You should rewatch it and do something similar to your Daredevil thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
          You should rewatch it and do something similar to your Daredevil thread.
          Hell. Yes.

Did anybody actually enjoy that thread by the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
            Hell. Yes.

Did anybody actually enjoy that thread by the way?
            Pretty sure everyone who read it did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
              on top of the island the kryptonite was exposed, when he lifted it he did so with alot of the earths crust and land so he was shielded for alot of it until the land started to fall away and expose the kryptonite, then he was getting weaker but manage to use his remaining strength to push it into space, thats when he passed out and fell back to earth.
              um wrong, Lex himself said the whole thing was pretty well 50/50 all the way through, not his exact words but I believe he said something along the lines of "they take over the minerals that surround them" in which case he was talking about the Crystals, thats why he used a huge chunk of Kryptonite to encase it, and the moment the 2 touched the Crystal started to react, so either way the island is made up of way more Kryptonite then anything else, and its laced through out the whole thing, inside and out.

That was the whole point of him making it in the first place, so Superman could not be there, he wouldn't make it just so at some points on the island Supes would feel a little sick and what not.

Also like you said while Superman was lifting the island more and more the "Earth" parts fells off and the Kryptonite was there..............it was literally right in his face and that right there, despite whatever anyone else says let it be you....me or whoever.........that scene alone proves that one of those scenes just makes no sense what so ever...........either its Superman lifting the thing, or Superman getting his ass kicked by regular guys, I'm pro Superman so I'm gonna say the scene that makes no sense is him getting beaten up part.

But I gotta agree with Dr. Naysay (my god this must be first lol) stop defending it when it lets you down at every chance (except for the Return to Krypton scene). I like Superman Returns cause its a Superman movie despite its failings, but at the same time I wont just ignore them to, I just consider it like a filler issue in the comics lol.

Comment

• Yup

Right in his face.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Action Comics #903 Preview

As Steel, Superboy, and Supergirl use all of their might to beat Doomsdays across the world into submission, Superman faces down with the real mastermind behind the reign of terror. But even with all of their powers combined, is the super-team strong enough to defeat all of the Doomsdays? Perhaps the help of an unexpected ally will bring them the victory they’re hoping for and stop the Reign of the Doomsdays once and for all.

Written by Paul Cornell and with art by Axel Gimenez, ACTION COMICS #903 arrives in stores tomorrow.

Comment

• God I hate Doomsday.
                    Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
                      God I hate Doomsday.
                      +1. I hope we don't see him for a long time after this.

Comment

• Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
                        +1. I hope we don't see him for a long time after this.
                        The only memorable thing about "Our Worlds at War" was maybe we had finally seen the end of him.
                        Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

• Superman #714 Preview

Superman hits Seattle for his last stop on his "Grounded" walk across the country, and it is in that city where everything will come to a head! The mysterious woman who has been following Superman all year makes a desperate final move, one that may cost the Man of Steel that which he holds most dear!

Comment

• Why isn't Jamal Igle on a book yet??????

Comment

• yea I want the variant cover instead of the regular one lol

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                Why isn't Jamal Igle on a book yet??????
                                I thought it was reported that he was working on something? Or am I just making things up?

Comment

Working...
                                X