Captain America: Sentinel Of Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
    Just noticed that Cap and Bucky got delayed till August.
    Least it wasn't Captain America.

Comment

Captain America and Bucky #620 Pages by Chris Samnee

Comment

I'm kinda hoping that Chris Samnee takes over for McNiven after McNiven leaves..........

Comment

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
          I'm kinda hoping that Chris Samnee takes over for McNiven after McNiven leaves..........
          Or at least fill in for him when he's inevitably late.

Comment

Remember this comes out this week!

Comment

Captain America #2 Inks

Comment

So while issue #1 was solid I didn't come away feeling too impressed/intrigued. Brubaker's original run started off with a bang and you could tell he had something special in store for Cap. However since Reborn I've felt that he's lost some of the magic that made his run so special. I had hoped that the previous Gulag arc was a sign that things were ramping up again but based solely off this first issue I can't say that the premise is that compelling.

McNiven's art was of course pretty to look at.

Comment

I just started reading Bru's Death of Cap. I think I might have caught a Winter Soldier trade a few years ago because there was a reference to Doom, but I have never read Cap until now. Gotta say- I love what I'm reading. Bucky-Cap is pretty cool. And I've always been a fan of Bru- even wrote him an email telling him how much I loved Books of Doom. Me so geeky.

Comment

Originally posted by Doom View Post
                    I just started reading Bru's Death of Cap. I think I might have caught a Winter Soldier trade a few years ago because there was a reference to Doom, but I have never read Cap until now. Gotta say- I love what I'm reading. Bucky-Cap is pretty cool. And I've always been a fan of Bru- even wrote him an email telling him how much I loved Books of Doom. Me so geeky.
                    Yea his early Cap stuff is pretty great. I'd put it in his top 5.

Comment

One thing I really dig that I saw with the last trade of the "death" and the current trade I'm reading "The Man with No Face" is how the action sequences are laid out- when the fighting begins, you have a 2 page spread of Bucky kicking ass then it comes to a critical moment where BAM next two page spread is Agent 13 kicking the Red Skull's daughter's ass, comes to a critical moment and BAM! again back to Bucky's fight. And it just keeps going on. It really captures my attention the same way the last two lightsaber duels in Revenge of the Sith did- spend a few moments on Anakin vs. Obi Wan, then a few moments on Yoda vs. Darth Sidious, back to Anakin....good story telling.

Comment

Captain America & Bucky #620 Preview

CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY #620
                        Written by ED BRUBAKER & MARK ANDREYKO
                        Penciled by CHRIS SAMNEE
                        Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
                        Variant Cover by TBA
                        Think you know the story of Cap and Bucky's origins? Well, think again. The secret story of the early days of Captain America, told from Bucky Barnes's point of view. From co-writers Ed Brubaker and Marc Andreyko with artist Chris Samnee (Thor: The Mighty Avenger).
                        32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Comment

Captain America is a champ. That's all I got. He's very DC worthy where a lot of other heroes are not.

Into philosophy? Religion? Politics? Comics? Games? Wanna discuss these things/see reviews? Comment on previous posts! Visit my blogs! http://btucker9.blogspot.com/ http://bulletlantern.blogspot.com/

Comment

Captain America October 2011 Solicitations
                            CAPTAIN AMERICA #4
                            Written by Ed Brubaker
                            Pencils & Cover by Steve McNiven

Fantastic Four Anniversary Variant by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
                            Brubaker and McNiven continue their heart-stopping run on Cap with a nightmarish trip down memory lane - and that's bad news when your memory lane goes right through World War 2!
                            32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
                            CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BUCKY #623
                            Written by ED BRUBAKER & MARC ANDREYKO
                            Penciled by CHRIS SAMNEE
                            Cover by ED McGUINNESS
                            Behind enemy lines! Bucky and Cap have faced the horrors of war on many fronts, but this issue, they go further into the depths of evil than our young heroes realized possible. And what is the secret that connects the Cap and Bucky series to the modern day stories - the clues begin to add up this issue, as Brubaker, Andreyko, and Samnee keep the pedal to the medal.
                            32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Comment

I definitely enjoyed Captain America & Bucky #620 more than Captain America #1. Honestly it wasn't even close.

Comment

Apparently Alan Davis will be doing an upcoming 5 issue arc on Cap. Good shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X