• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOULE, DANIEL: SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN To Mix 'Epic' With Personal

Comment

• AZZARELLO Launches NEW GODS/NEW GENESIS Revamp in WONDER WOMAN #21

Comment

• Wonder Woman #21 was good but not great. Obviously Chiang's art was as beautiful as ever. Matthew Wilson is amazing on the colors. This seemed far too familiar. Like it was Wonder Woman & Lennox vs Moon & Apollo all over again. Sure the final pages were cool and First Born holding a Boom Tube open is a pretty good way to show just how strong he is, but it all feels a bit underwhelming.

Comment

• Soule and Daniel Join Forces for "Superman/Wonder Woman"

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
            Wonder Woman #21 was good but not great. Obviously Chiang's art was as beautiful as ever. Matthew Wilson is amazing on the colors. This seemed far too familiar. Like it was Wonder Woman & Lennox vs Moon & Apollo all over again. Sure the final pages were cool and First Born holding a Boom Tube open is a pretty good way to show just how strong he is, but it all feels a bit underwhelming.
            While I agree to an extent, I think you have to give it a little more love as a set-up ish as the book transitions from old gods to new and battle lines are drawn. The first salvo fired in the war of the First Born versus Diana, we see that even with the combined might of the team, they're simply no match for the First Born. Enter New Genesis, and that involvement alone (along with the existing threats of the First Born and the prophecy of Zola's baby) sets the stage for full blown war between the gods of old and new.

So yeah, I can see how THIS ISSUE could come off like that, but on the splash page with who I'm assuming is Highfather, a literal tingle ran up my spine. As in yeah, this shit just got real. As in yeah, my hope just shot through the roof that the First Born isn't going to fall from some cheesy deus ex machina. That this is gonna be all out war with Zola's baby as the prize.

Loved it. But I'm a sucker for this book.

Comment

• I guess my problem just lies in that my excitement for New Gods can only go so far. I was thrilled to see Orion and love how he's portrayed in the new52. But besides Darkseid and his kids, I don't have much of a connection to any of the New Gods. Seeing Highfather here doesn't excite me or convince me that a war between old and new would be amazing. I'm sure it would be, just because the series has been exactly that since the start, but I just don't have that established history to get me hyped.

Comment

• I see where you're coming from. I don't exactly have a raging boner for the New Gods by themselves. To be honest, by themselves, I think the concept walks a very fine line between ingenious and cheesy stupid. But this is the kind of throwdown I've always had in the back of my head. The classic "who would win" sort of throwdown.

Just hope it's executed that way because the potential of it is amazing.

Comment

• Azzarello Explores Family, Crime in "Wonder Woman" & "Brother Lono"

Comment

• "I guess parallels can be drawn with the gods. I don't think so with Wonder Woman herself and the backstory we've done. But another parallel with "100 Bullets" and "Wonder Woman" is -- it's not going to go 100 issues, but it's a long story and its something that we had mapped out from the get-go. We're telling kind of a pretty long story here, but we have an ending, we're going to get there."

Comment

• Just read Wonder Woman #21 and HOLY SHIT. One of the most action packed issues of the series so far, and I ate up every panel of it. And Lennox, poor Lennox...but what a way to go if he's indeed dead. Maybe, maybe not. Either way it was a touching scene.

So ready to see how the old gods and new gods play off each other. The issue just refilled my interest in this story. And to know that Azz has had a plan since the very beginning, and he'll see this through to the end leaves me pleased.

4 out of 5

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Good read: Interview: Yanick Paquette on Wonder Woman

Comment

• I keep forgetting that this will be a completely new Wonder Woman. All the stuff that goes into recreating a character...from costume to personality to supporting cast...Shit, we haven't even heard of a potential villain.

Comment

• Can't. Wait.

Comment

• Lennox may be made of stone, but he's got balls of steel.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The L.A. Times - Wonder Woman graphic novel: Grant Morrison takes on the feminist icon

Comment

Working...
                                X