Marvel in big trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel in big trouble?

Just heard from someone in-the-know that Marvel is in "big trouble" (of the money kind) and has just fired 15 editors without the intention of hiring any new ones... has anyone heard anything about this?

That happened last week, didn't it?
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

There's a post in the Marvel News thread, I believe, about them laying people off.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

My Local LCS emailed me earlier about one particular book whose editor was laid off and the mini-series itself wasn't even going to be finished.
        "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
        Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
        Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
        who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
        to change the world. This time, Lord...
        Let me be worthy."

Comment

Yo.

which book was that?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
            Just heard from someone in-the-know that Marvel is in "big trouble" (of the money kind) and has just fired 15 editors without the intention of hiring any new ones... has anyone heard anything about this?
            Everyone in this economy is in trouble.

Comment

Marvel is always in trouble, they'll get a universe wide reboot within a year or so. Just you wait and see...

And for the record, any company that publishes TWICE as many books a month than it's biggest competitor [DC] is bound to get into trouble sooner or later. At $3.99 a piece for comics, it's no wonder people stopped buying all the watered down crap and spin-offs they were pumping out. You can't have 6 Deadpool books, 10 Avengers titles, 6 Spidey books, and a dozen X-titles on top of everything else and expect anybody to keep up with that many titles or even a corner of the universe. It was only a matter of time before money became a problem for them again....

~KL~
              Ωmega Man
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Ωmega Man; 10-28-2011, 01:35 AM.

Comment

I doubt Marvel will do a universe wide reboot.

I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                  Marvel is always in trouble, they'll get a universe wide reboot within a year or so. Just you wait and see...

~KL~
                  Statements like this make me hate, fans who only read Marvel or DC and not both.

It's a tough economy, that's why people were fired.

and it wouldn't be the first time they did a reboot.

Comment

they put another movie out and things will turn around (i hope)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

And for the record, any company that publishes TWICE as many books a month than it's biggest competitor [DC] is bound to get into trouble sooner or later. At $3.99 a piece for comics, it's no wonder people stopped buying all the watered down crap and spin-offs they were pumping out. You can't have 6 Deadpool books, 10 Avengers titles, 6 Spidey books, and a dozen X-titles on top of everything else and expect anybody to keep up with that many titles or even a corner of the universe. It was only a matter of time before money became a problem for them again....

~KL~
                      Ignorance thy name is Kid Lantern.

Comment

If it's the only option to save the entire company, it will happen. Because all these new #1's coming out every other month tying convoluted stories together just isn't doing it for them.

~KL~

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                          Ignorance thy name is Kid Lantern.
                          If they're in the kind of trouble they're known for getting into, it's ignorant to think they won't follow in DC's footsteps. They always have.

And I do read both, however I cut the majority of my Marvel titles for one reason or another. They ARE drawing me back in with a Scarlet Spider book though, even if it's Kaine under the mask.

And I'm finding more and more stuff by Dynamite to be collecting. The new Bionic Man is badass and I've been following Green Hornet since Smith's #1.

~KL~

Comment

And in a year when the shine fades from this silly new 52 event, DC will go back to where they were before Flashpoint.

Comment

If it's the only option to save the entire company, it will happen. Because all these new #1's coming out every other month tying convoluted stories together just isn't doing it for them.

~KL~
                              Outside of firing a few people, I want cold hard fucking facts that in fact Marvel in trouble financially, people still (including me) still buy the books that are 3.99.

So please, give me actual data that Marvel is indeed in trouble like they were in 1998. If not, then please stfu about "being in trouble"

Remember when DC fired a lot of the editors from Wildstorm? Was DC "in trouble" because of it?

Comment

Working...
                              X