This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
    I finally got to finish Jessica Jones. Really good series overall, though like Daredevil, I feel the quality dipped after a really strong start. I didn't really mind the fight scenes because they weren't really what the show was about. I think it could have used a bit more polish overall to live up to that first episode, which was pretty amazing.

One thing I was left confused about was the continuity. Is Daredevil taking place at roughly the same time? Did all of the events of DD happen before JJ? If they take place in roughly the same area, I'd expect quite a bit more bleed over than what we got.
    They can't happen before because of Claire's involvement.

Comment

• all Marvel movies happen in "real-time" (but not Caps 1st one that was mostly set in the 1940's) so yes JJ is set some time after DD (or Ant-Men if you want to go by the movies)

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I hope that movie doesn't suck and there's more to it than just that freeway scene.

Comment

• Black Panther/Cap 3 Details (SPOILERS)

Comment

• Thor 3 Gets 3rd Writer

Marvel Studios is bringing in a new screenwriter for Thor 3, and it’s a refreshing change of pace for the male-dominated genre. Per THR, Stephany Folsom has been tapped to pen a new draft of the script for Thor: Ragnarok, making this the third female writer brought onto a Marvel Studios project. Nicole Perlman originated the screenplay for Guardians of the Galaxy before James Gunn came on, and she’s now working on the studio’s Captain Marvel with Inside Out co-writer Meg LeFauve.

Folsom’s work includes the Black List script 1969: A Space Odyssey or How Kubrick Learned to Stop Worrying and Land on the Moon, a fictionalized drama about NASA enlisting Stanley Kubrick to fake the moon landing. Not only is she the third female writer in Marvel’s bullpen, she also marks the third writer on Thor 3 in total. Thor: The Dark World screenwriters Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle previously worked to hone the script for the third standalone Norse pic, but it appears that Marvel is looking to punch the script up even further—or maybe even take it in an entirely new direction.

The project recently landed a director in What We Do in the Shadows filmmaker Taika Waititi, and given Waititi’s background as a writer many assumed he’d have a hand in the Marvel script himself. Instead, it appears he’ll be working with Folsom to get the project where it needs to be in order to begin production next June.

Comment

• I hope with the addition of female writers for Thor 3 we'll get Enchantress and Valkyrie. I would love to see those characters. I was hoping for Enchantress in The Dark World instead of Jane Foster.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Knowing Disney they'll insist to cross promote their new wave of female leads and Jane Foster will become Thor at the end and for Phase 4.

~M~

Comment

• Others share in that opinion.

Back in May, one of the people I follow on YouTube, Grace Randolf says as much.

Female Thor is Jane Foster! And Natalie Portman in Thor 3 Ragnarok 2017? - Beyond The Trailer

+ YouTube Video
                    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Chris Hemsworth doesn't seem like he's going to be a mega star anytime soon so I doubt he'll give up that kush gig if they don't have to go there.

Comment

• How many Thor stories are there that are good that could fit this cinematic universe though if they don't go the route of replacing Thor and even Capt. America? I think a female Thor is just as likely as Falcon taking over for Cap despite Bucky being in the picture.

~M~

Comment

• We've had two movies. You think they are running low on ideas for Thor? You must not think very highly of the character.

Cap is more likely to get replaced because his movies make more and Evans would likely ask for more. Not to mention, things just seem to point in that direction anyway. There's little reason to think Thor would, especially by Jane. She barely had a role in the second one.

Comment

• ‘Creed’ Director Ryan Coogler in Talks (Again) to Helm Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                              We've had two movies. You think they are running low on ideas for Thor? You must not think very highly of the character.
                              I don't actually, especially if Loki plays a big part in every film. The only times I've been interested in Thor was when it was a new iteration [Ultimate, or Unworthy] or someone else holding the hammer [Thunderstrike, Beta Ray Bill, Jane, etc]. Ragnarok suggests the end for this Thor. Even if it's just short term and for one film. I think if DC/WB has success with their line of films Marvel will be playing catch up quick. It's taken three phases to get a black male lead, a female lead, etc. Disney is likely to start playing every card they can to keep interest high and to compete with whatever DC does that's seen as a success.

I mean honestly, what other villains does Thor have aside from maybe Enchantress? The ice giants and elves get old quick, Loki's been in both previous flicks... maybe the High Evolutionary? Didn't Stark clone Thor after he seemingly died for awhile? The only things I can even remember from Thor comics in the last few years was the horrible Thor vs Wolverine garbage, and Thor's battle with Galactus.

I'd like Thor more if he still had to be tethered to a human like Donald Blake or Jake Olsen.

~M~

Comment

• Originally posted by -M- View Post
                                I don't actually, especially if Loki plays a big part in every film. The only times I've been interested in Thor was when it was a new iteration [Ultimate, or Unworthy] or someone else holding the hammer [Thunderstrike, Beta Ray Bill, Jane, etc]. Ragnarok suggests the end for this Thor. Even if it's just short term and for one film. I think if DC/WB has success with their line of films Marvel will be playing catch up quick. It's taken three phases to get a black male lead, a female lead, etc. Disney is likely to start playing every card they can to keep interest high and to compete with whatever DC does that's seen as a success.

I mean honestly, what other villains does Thor have aside from maybe Enchantress? The ice giants and elves get old quick, Loki's been in both previous flicks... maybe the High Evolutionary? Didn't Stark clone Thor after he seemingly died for awhile? The only things I can even remember from Thor comics in the last few years was the horrible Thor vs Wolverine garbage, and Thor's battle with Galactus.

I'd like Thor more if he still had to be tethered to a human like Donald Blake or Jake Olsen.

Comment

Working...
                                X