• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘Deadpool 2’ to Cast Zazie Beetz as Domino

She is great in Atlanta.

Comment

• Comment

• Picked up the R.L Stine Man-Thing #1. I know absolutely nothing about the character and completely bought it out of some weird loyalty I feel towards the author haha

This is only my second recent Marvel title I've read (Vision being the other) and I actually liked it, and plan on completing it.

I thought it neat how he had a back-up feature, "Tales from R.L. Stine's Chamber of Chills", which I also enjoyed (it would be neat if this was on ongoing book as well, collections of short stories).

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
          I've been meaning to watch Atlanta ever since I saw that weird commercial of Donald Glover walking backwards. Even more incentive now as I'm not all familiar with Zazie Beetz. And I'm glad they cast the character with someone of color.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Adds ‘Kong’ and ‘Apes’ Mo-Cap Actor Terry Notary as Villain

Comment

• FOX ‘X-Men’ Drama Gets an ‘Originals’ Star, ‘Gifted’ Title

Far and away, our most rabid curiosity toward FOX’s Bryan Singer–directed X-Men drama hasn’t been with casting, but the dang title. At long last, we may have been Gifted an official name by a photo of the first table read, along with an Originals star.

Executive producer Lauren Shuler Donner shared a photo of the cast members we’ve read about to date, including True Blood alum Stephen Moyer and Whedon-verse favorite Amy Acker, now joined by Originals and Vampire Diaries star Joseph Morgan in an undisclosed role. Most pressing of all, however, the title appears (at least temporarily) to have been identified as Gifted.

Comment

• Legion Renewed for Second Season

Hell. Yeah.
                MEH

Comment

• Iron Fist is as horrible as the critics say it is. It's boring and has no direction, as it's neither character or plot driven. It's just pretty a chain of scenes/events pasted together.
                  You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I disagree completely. The supporting cast is pretty weak compared to Daredevil and Luke Cage, but they (the top 6 supporting roles) shine far better than any supporting role in Jessica Jones. I can't speak on the story because I haven't finished the season yet, but its certainly no worse than Daredevil's first season. I'd say the worst part is that the fight scenes (outside of the drunken master fight) have been pretty weak. And that there is no consistent direction, although it feels a lot like Daredevil season 1 to me. Minus all the brooding.

Comment

• Iron Fist was the show I looked forward to most, but from a glance it's not particularly a version of 'Fist I like. The curly hair and beard look bad enough, but no costume at all? Here's hoping it IS just like DD season 1 and he gets something of a suit in Defenders or season 2.

~//V\\~

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                        I disagree completely. The supporting cast is pretty weak compared to Daredevil and Luke Cage, but they (the top 6 supporting roles) shine far better than any supporting role in Jessica Jones. I can't speak on the story because I haven't finished the season yet, but its certainly no worse than Daredevil's first season. I'd say the worst part is that the fight scenes (outside of the drunken master fight) have been pretty weak. And that there is no consistent direction, although it feels a lot like Daredevil season 1 to me. Minus all the brooding.
                        I'm kind of surprised you don't find everything about Iron Fist horrible. I suppose you haven't gotten to The Hand yet.

We agree the fight scenes are very weak, which you think they'd be the strong of this series.

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
                        Iron Fist was the show I looked forward to most, but from a glance it's not particularly a version of 'Fist I like. The curly hair and beard look bad enough, but no costume at all? Here's hoping it IS just like DD season 1 and he gets something of a suit in Defenders or season 2.

~//V\\~
                        I was looking forward to this show too. I was hoping it would heaving into the martial arts and the mystics thereof.

Now, I feel like watching The Last Dragon as it does a lot of things Iron Fist doesn't. SHO NUFF!!!

Comment

• Finn Jones explains what went wrong with Marvel's Iron Fist!

A big problem many have with Iron Fist is the fact that the martial arts sequences are really bad, especially considering it's supposed to be a "kung fu" show...

in an interview with London reporters, Finn Jones fills them in about the behind-the-scenes preparation for the Iron Fist fight scenes--in that there was basically none.
                          “Well, here’s the situation,” Finn Jones explained as reported by the Guardian and offering that he only had three weeks to train before filming. “Unfortunately, with the filming schedule, I wasn’t given as much time as I would have liked to continue the training.” Shooting for 12 or 14 hours a day took its toll. “I was learning those fight scenes just 15 minutes before we shot them, because that was the schedule... It would be 2am, 3am, I’d just done a long day of work, and usually the stunt department would come up and say ‘Hey, right, we’ve got this huge 30 person fight and you’ve got to learn it right now.’ So I was learning it on the spot, within 15-20 minutes, and then shooting it. That was the reality for six months.”
                          So we see that Finn Jones basically had zero training for Iron Fist, which isn't his fault. We can't even lie the blame on the fight choreographers and stuntmen because they had little time to prep for the fights as well. The fault lies on Marvel TV including head of Marvel TV Jeph Loeb and showrunner Scott Buck (who is now on to Inhumans). It's obvious they rushed Iron Fist into production when it's clear it was no where near ready to start filming.

For an example of the Iron Fist action, watch this scene, which features tons of cut scenes in an attempt to make the action look good:
                          These comments by Finn Jones proves the rumor reports from 2015 were true, in that Iron Fist was in trouble and they rushed into production.

Here's one of the articles I remember reading back in 2015:

Marvel can’t quite seem to figure out how to put Iron Fist into the equation and time is running out,” reports the site. “They’re very pleased with how Jon Bernthal’s portrayal of Frank Castle for Season 2 of Daredevil and know that the fans have a great appreciation for the character. They also know that a Punisher series would be much cheaper and more marketable. They have a contract with Netflix and have to do something. It appears that for this phase of shows, time is running thin for Iron Fist.
                          Darth_Primus
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Darth_Primus; 03-21-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• THR: 'Spider-Man' Spinoff: 'Thor' Writer Tackling Silver Sable, Black Cat Movie
                            Sony’s Spider-Man universe is getting a little bigger.

The studio, already in deep development on villain offshoot Venom, is now developing a feature project centered on the female characters Silver Sable and the Black Cat.

Chris Yost, who worked on the upcoming Marvel movie Thor: Ragnarok, is writing the script, building on a previous version written by Lisa Joy, the co-creator of HBO’s Westworld.

The studio is hoping to go to directors soon with an eye toward a fall start date. Matt Tolmach and Amy Pascal are producing the project, which was previously known as the "secret female spinoff project."

Silver Sable, created by Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz in 1985, is a mercenary who runs a company that hunts war criminals. The character has been both antagonist and ally to Spider-Man.

Black Cat, an acrobatic cat burglar whose real name is Felicia Hardy, has a long and tangled romantic history with Spider-Man in the comics. The character was cut from scripts for the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy, and a "Felicia Hardy" (played by Felicity Jones) briefly appeared in Amazing Spider-Man 2, though no Black Cat connection was ever made explicit.

Sony has a new and rebooted Spider-Man movie coming this summer, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the superhero and his universe of characters are seen as a bright spot on a rather meager slate. But the problem with having rights to the character and universe is that, while Spider-Man is the most popular Marvel character, the other standouts tend to be the villains from his rogue’s gallery.

Hence, Sony is developing Venom, based on the popular character who already appeared onscreen in Raimi’s Spider-Man 3 and who has sometimes acted as an antihero in the Marvel comics. The studio has penciled in an October 2018 release and is meeting directors on the project.

Black Cat is a major supporting character in the Spider-Man universe, though Sable is less known.

(The spinoffs are not offshoots from the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming but rather projects spun from the overall franchise and based on Sony's Marvel's Spider-Man universe.)

Yost has deep Marvel ties, having worked on not only two Thor movies, but also having gotten his start writing on Marvel animated series such as Wolverine and the X-Men. He is also known for comic book work on X-23, better known as Wolverine’s cloned daughter who is a headliner in the hit Wolverine movie Logan.

Yost is repped by Verve.
                            Variety: Michael Shannon Frontrunner to Play Cable in ‘Deadpool 2’
                            Michael Shannon is the frontrunner to play Cable in “Deadpool 2.”

While no deal is yet in place, Shannon has been the top choice for about a week. Fox, the studio handling the film, had no comment on the news.

An official release date for Ryan Reynolds’ sequel has not yet been announced. “John Wick” director David Leitch came on board to direct “Deadpool 2” last fall after Tim Miller dropped out due to creative differences with Reynolds.

The superhero sequel also recently cast “Atlanta” breakout Zazie Beetz as mutant mercenary Domino. Fox had announced at CinemaCon in April that Reynolds would be back, as well as Miller. “Deadpool” gave Fox its biggest hit of 2016 after opening on Valentine’s Day to $782.6 million worldwide, supplanting “The Matrix Reloaded” to become the highest-grossing R-rated film in history.

The casting of Cable, a.k.a. Nathan Summers, was one that had captivated fans’ attention. Cable and Deadpool were often paired together (albeit reluctantly) in the Marvel comics, and even had their own 50-issue series.

Cable’s involvement goes all the way back to the first “Deadpool,” where the foul-mouthed mercenary himself teased that he’d be in the sequel during the film’s post-credits scene. In the recent “Deadpool” scene that was shown ahead of “Logan” in theaters, a message written on a phonebooth read, “Nathan Summers cumming [yes, that’s the correct spelling] soon!”

Most of the creative team had been set to return for “Deadpool 2,” with Fox Film chief Stacey Snider also confirming at CinemaCon that screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick would be back to handle script duties.

Shannon is one of Hollywood’s most versatile actors, with credits on “Man of Steel,” “Mud,” “Take Shelter,” “Frank & Lola,” “Machine Gun Preacher,” “The Iceman” and the recently completed Afghan war drama “Horse Soldiers.” He’s received Academy Award nominations for best supporting actor for “Revolutionary Road” and “Nocturnal Animals.”
                            Hypo
                            Lil' Leaguer
                            Last edited by Hypo; 03-23-2017, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Sable should be the EASIEST thing Sony could do with the Spidey franchise. Keep it loose as fuck with the tie-in and just make a really good action thriller movie ala Salt or just rip off the upcoming Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron.

Comment

• Yo.

so, did any1 read Unworthy Thor #5 yet?

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Working...
                                X