Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They must have had at least a weeks worth of comics that did make it to the printer's, that are now stuck in limbo waiting to be distributed. For example, there are pics floating around of stacks of printed copies of the Nancy Collins Swamp Thing omnibus that doesnt come out until this Wednesday (or WAS going to).

I get that after a week or so, there wont be anything left to ship, but right now there is. Is this stuff going to just trickle onto ebay?

Comment

• DC's release schedules have always been wonky and don't react very fast to changes in scheduling. For example, Legion of Superheroes #5 came out last week, but DC kept telling everyone that it came out the week before that. I had a few angry customers who complained about not getting their book.
      So I wouldn't give too much thought to DC announcing phantom books that won't ship until the shutdown ends.

But the printers have already shut down a week or two ago. If there were any books completed before that, they were probably still shipped to Diamond, and Diamond will relay them to retailers as soon as this nightmare ends. By then, printers will be working again to produce books for weeks 2 and 3 after Covid-19. And before we know it, things will be back to normal.

I hope.

Comment

• I can't get to my LCS anyway, but I'm just wandering when I do how much I'll have to buy. Their facebook last week said they had that shipment and would hold it. No word on this week's.

Comment

• Seems DC will still be releasing books digitally as of now.

Comment

• Shit. I was dreading that move. This is going to cost me business.

Comment

• Bleeding Cool: DC Comics Puts Black Label and Generation Five Titles on Pause
              DC Comics had told most creators that they were still full-steam-ahead. Editorial see an opportunity to use this time to get ahead, put pages in the bank, and get some titles that have been slipping of late, back onto schedule. Such as Legion Of Super-Heroes, Inferior Five, Doom Patrol, Ra's Al Ghul Vs Batman, Bird Of Prey and more. However, I am now told that a few creators on DC's Black Label mature readers line and 5G projects have been told to cease production. 5G was originally planned to launch in October as Generation Five, but its future has been in doubt.

However, Bleeding Cool has learned of an editorial and production shift to get DC's Kids and Young Adult line moving out faster than originally planned. The bookstore market still distributing with Penguin Random House. DC Comics has found a replacement printer. This week's Gotham High original graphic novel may be just what DC Comics need, both print and digitally. The usual comics may be very delayed now. However, the original graphic novel line that sells better in bookstores than comic stores is ramping up.

Overall there's a lot of belt-tightening going on. Even self-publishers, digital publishers and those who ship directly to readers are noticing a drop-off for paid content, as people's incomes drop. Those funded by advertising are also seeing an income drop off as well. A global recession suggests that even after the restrictions are lifted, the comic book industry is one that may suffer more than most.
              Bleeding Cool: DC and Marvel Comics Using Current Situation to Get Ahead Of Schedule
              For DC Comics, it's even fewer projects. As we stated, DC Comics is using the pause to bank pages and get more comic books finished and done, for when production and distribution returns. I understand that any pauses are on books that would have been paused or cancelled for other reasons other than the current global situation. Though some have also told me that it a welcome opportunity for some in DC editorial to perform a little DiDio-ectomy, and either remove, delay or reduce in prominence comic books that are most associated with former publisher Dan DiDio. Though his Metal Men comic with Shane Davis is expected to come to its planned conclusion with issue 12 later this year. Or next year, depending on everyone's new schedule.

Comment

• Metal Men is going to continue?!? I figured that mini was going to pull a Sonic Disruptors for sure.

Comment

• Art from a pitch for a 12 issue Demon book by Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner that was not approved:

Comment

• How was this not approved? It looks better than 70% of what DC actually publishes. Oh. I answered my own question, didn't I?

Comment

• Probably didn't think it would sell, same creative team as Future Quest which didn't do great and it's not like Etrigan is a huge draw. That said I would definitely buy such a book.
                      Hypo
                      Lil' Leaguer
                      Last edited by Hypo; 04-13-2020, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Current Hellblazer team spitballing:

Comment

• I have never wanted a Muppets Hellblazer film more in my life.
                          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                            Art from a pitch for a 12 issue Demon book by Jeff Parker and Doc Shaner that was not approved:

How is this gorgeous pitch not moving forward?!? It kind of explains why DC and Marvel are teetering on the edge of oblivion. They pass on quality product and instead put out product nobody wants to buy.

Comment

• Quick question, is Darkseid War worth reading? I know I've got a couple random issues but I don't believe I have anything more than that.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Meh. It meanders a bit too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X