This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post

Which brings me to my next point. Understanding the importance of acknowledging differences in people is necessary. Some people are straight. Some are gay. Some are bisexual. Some people are non-binary. Some people experience gender dysphoria (a condition recognized by the American Psychological Association) and these people may express a gender identity different than their bodied sex. Some people are asexual, and these people can show little or no interest in gender expression or romantic attraction. All of these people certainly like to see themselves reflected in large fictional universes. Comics have begun to recognize this, and this in no way diminishes my interest in the genre. Jon's coming out doesn't change how I feel about the character, but it might be a game-changer for a bisexual teen, and I view that only in a positive light. Not every comic is written for me, and that's OK.
    I want to be very clear so theres no confusion. Im not just talking comics. Its everywhere now. You say its necessary for representation right? Would you include necrophilia pedos and beastyality incest or this rape culture where there are people who want it legal in that? Im not trying to be funny im dead serious. You say its necessary . When does it become enough where its like ok we dont need this? Representation opens a can of worms. People never want to acknowledge the ugly things so. Its a simple yes or no. I dont care about studies from other countries because 1. I live in the usa and 2. Australia wants to now classify pedos as a sexual preference. There was a big thing seminar whatever about it last year wich cnn covered. I think thats very dangerous. Do you really want that ?
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 10-20-2021, 01:01 PM.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• DC's motto is, "Because we demanded it!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
        DC's motto is, "Because we demanded it!"
        Next thing they will do is explain why penguin waddles because he got 6 inchest of tim Drake in the poop shoot. Little timmy is on patrol for the hershey highway

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          I want to be very clear so theres no confusion. Im not just talking comics. Its everywhere now. You say its necessary for representation right? Would you include necrophilia pedos and beastyality incest or this rape culture where there are people who want it legal in that? Im not trying to be funny im dead serious. You say its necessary . When does it become enough where its like ok we dont need this? Representation opens a can of worms. People never want to acknowledge the ugly things so. Its a simple yes or no. I dont care about studies from other countries because 1. I live in the usa and 2. Australia wants to now classify pedos as a sexual preference. There was a big thing seminar whatever about it last year wich cnn covered. I think thats very dangerous. Do you really want that ?
          I'd like to be clear also. You're equating abusive and violent behavior with sexual orientation. Not only is that bigoted, it's not worthy of a response. It's paranoid. It's ugly. It's hateful. Don't expect a reply to any future questions along this line.

Back to the subject at hand, you said you haven't read comics in 8 years. Why do you care what happens with a genre with which you're no longer involved? On a larger scale, I'm wondering how many people who are melting down over Jon's bisexuality had him in their top 5 or top 10 favorite characters? I'm guessing it's just an excuse to vent rather than any previous fondness for the character.
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
            I'd like to be clear also. You're equating abusive and violent behavior with sexual orientation. Not only is that bigoted, it's not worthy of a response. It's paranoid. It's ugly. It's hateful. Don't expect a reply to any future questions along this line.
            Im violent? Where have i said anything violent? Did i say death to the lgbtq+ or tell anyone to attack them ? Dont twist my words because you dont have the balls to stand up for yourself do to the fear of being labelled. Now go powder your pussy and cry in a dark corner you anti hetrosexual hating douchbag. Your proof having a degree in psychology or in anything is a joke became anyone can get em. You call me paranoid but your the one who is delusional and deceving by just looking the other way and say let people do whatever they want. I guess you missed the 2 trans men who became a female and competed in the womens mma division and dominated. Your ok with men beating biological women? What if that was your daughter being beaten to the ground By a biological man who claims he is a woman Its not paranoia go look up the actual fights. I bet your also q'anon and you think trump is a Russian spy or a shapeshifting lizard alien or bush 43 was best friends with the bin laden family and was involved in 911 .You also avoided the question on if everything people do should be represented.
            TazzMission
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by TazzMission; 10-21-2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• We sat down with Harley Quinn/Batman/Wonder Woman writer Stephanie Phillips on Multiverse Musings:

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
              Big Blue Lantern
              Corps Honor Guard
              Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 10-30-2021, 07:50 PM.
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Superman colorist quits over comic's embrace of wokness

Just sharing a relevant twist, not trying to respark the debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  Superman colorist quits over comic's embrace of wokness

Maybe I can find some work for him and Ethan at some point. I'll keep them in mind.

Comment

Good for the colorist for having enough and walking away from these unAmerican scumbags. Comics is now just another industry infested with horrible human beings.

Comment

I guess that makes him a hateful homophobe to some clowns like blue and purple heaven forbid someone disagrees with wokeness
                      TazzMission
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by TazzMission; 10-24-2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Den of Geek takes a look at comics that are hot key issues, and ones that are primed to be so, like Far Sector #1:

https://www.denofgeek.com/culture/ho...and-dc-comics/

Comment

• For your Halloween reading purposes:

In the new series Task Force Z, from writer Matthew Rosenberg and artist Eddy Barrows, a mysterious benefactor assembles a new Task Force—think the Suicide Squad, but with resurrected villains instead of incarcerated ones. The team includes Bane, Man-Bat, the Arkham Knight, Sundowner and Mr. Bloom, with Red Hood recruited to lead.
                          https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/1...ains-on-gotham

Comment

• For your late-night Halloween listening pleasure, Adam and I cover Underworld Unleashed, in all of its 90s glory.

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
                            Big Blue Lantern
                            Corps Honor Guard
                            Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 11-01-2021, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Fuck DC for "improving" this. I'll hold my breath while they create something better from scratch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1FSw73SVw4

Comment

• How long till fruity johnathan kent changes from his hero uniform to a 1950's house wife where he is in the kitchen cooking trying to look pretty wearing a pink apron ripping off the martha stewart show ? Next enemy will be him fighting science since theres only 2 genders and demands you call him Joanna ?
                                TazzMission
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by TazzMission; 11-02-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X