Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most interesting thing about the new Jetsons is the robot cleaning up dog shit off on the side. Poor bastard... LMAO

~M~

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
      Forever Evil 2: The Quest for More Evil.
      Legit lol when I read that.

Comment

• On the heels of three new miniseries featuring Midnighter, Hawkman and Deadman this month, January will bring more unique and noteworthy miniseries to readers, including a tale of the Amazon warriors in the years before Diana, and the return of Captain Atom.

THE ODYSSEY OF THE AMAZONS #1 is a brand-new miniseries set in the world of Wonder Woman from writer and actor Kevin Grevioux (New Warriors, Underworld) and artist Ryan Benjamin (BATMAN BEYOND). Years before the birth of Princess Diana, a group of Amazons set out on a globe-spanning quest to find others of their kind, encountering legendary creatures and beings along the way. But their journey soon turns into a rescue mission as two of their own are captured by the legendary Storm Giants of Norse mythology. It’s up to their leader, the stalwart Hessia, to keep them together through the many trials that lie ahead. The series will run for six issues.

THE FALL AND RISE OF CAPTAIN ATOM #1 is a new miniseries from the writing team of Cary Bates and Greg Weisman (CAPTAIN ATOM) and artist Will Conrad (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Bates and Weisman return to the character with “Blowback: Part One”! Captain Atom hasn’t been seen or heard from in years—and even if you think you know what happened to him…you’re wrong! But you’re not alone. To this day, no one on Earth—not even the other superheroes—has an inkling of the missing Captain Atom’s true fate. At last, the truth is about to be revealed in a saga that transcends not only the meaning of life and death, but the limits of time and space. The series will run for six issues.

Both titles will debut in January 2017, beginning with THE FALL AND RISE OF CAPTAIN ATOM #1 on January 4, and THE ODYSSEY OF THE AMAZONS #1 on January 18.

Comment

• FINALLY! Been waiting for more Capt. Atom...

~M~

Comment

• I didn't check out Captain Atom last time. Maybe I'll pick it up this time around...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              SNYDER & CAPULLO To Reunite for 2017 DC Summer Event... And Yes, BATMAN Is In It
              "Yes, we’re gonna be doing a big summer event, next year, next summer," Snyder told Newsarama at New York Comic Con. "It will be very Batman centric, and very rock ‘n’ roll."

Comment

• BURBANK, CA (October 14, 2016) – On January 11, two of comics’ greatest teams will combine their powers and abilities for the first time! The Justice League—Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern John Stewart, the Flash and Cyborg—meet Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers in a six-issue monthly miniseries from New York Times best-selling writer Tom Taylor (INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US, GREEN LANTERN CORPS: EDGE OF OBLIVION) and artist Stephen Byrne (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA REBIRTH: THE RAY).

“DC and BOOM! Studios teaming up on this crossover is a dream come true for fans of Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and the Justice League,” said Hank Kanalz, Senior Vice President, Editorial Strategy and Administration, DC Entertainment. “Stories like this are a great way to have that ‘what if’ itch scratched, combining favorite characters from different publishers in epic adventures.”

Something terrible has happened in Angel Grove when the Power Rangers’ Command Center is breached and the teleporters are damaged! Zack the Black Ranger is flung into an alternate universe full of citizens possessing outrageous powers and wearing strange costumes. Will Jason the Red Ranger, Trini the Yellow Ranger, Kimberly the Pink Ranger, Billy the Blue Ranger and Tommy the Green Ranger be able to get to Zack in time to save him from Batman?

"Everyone at BOOM! is thrilled to be part of an event of this magnitude,” said BOOM! Studios Editor-in-Chief Matt Gagnon. “We have iconic characters meeting for the first time that are beloved the world over! Our imaginations have been racing since the moment this kicked off with our friends at DC and Saban Brands. Get ready...this is one event that's not to be missed."

In addition to the standard covers drawn by Karl Kerschl (GOTHAM ACADEMY: SECOND SEMESTER), each issue will feature a variant cover drawn by one of comics’ most popular artists, pairing each member of the League with a different Power Ranger:
                • Batman/Pink Ranger by Dan Hipp
                • Cyborg/Blue Ranger by Dustin Nguyen
                • The Flash/Black Ranger by Yasmine Putri
                • Green Lantern John Stewart/Yellow Ranger by Marguerite Sauvage
                • Superman/Green Ranger by Chris Sprouse
                • Wonder Woman/Red Ranger by Marcus To

“With their talented roster of writers and artists, DC and BOOM! Studios bring to life the world’s greatest superheroes, including the iconic Power Rangers,“ said Janet Hsu, CEO at Saban Brands. “With DC, BOOM! Studios and Saban Brands partnering, we will bring fans a legendary crossover that will stand the test of time, just as these historical superheroes have done individually for decades.”

Comment

• Comment

• Exclusive: September's Top 100 Comics

DC had:
                    • 8 of the top 10
                    • 17 of the top 20
                    • 39 of the top 50

Comment

• Warren Ellis On The Wild Storm For Two Years. And Has An Idea About Year Three…
                      I wrote the first six issues of THE WILD STORM in early summer. Kieron Gillen showed me Jon Davis-Hunt’s work,and we got in touch. We, in this instance, being myself and my old friend Marie Javins, marking, I think, our 21st year in the trenches together. She was my first editor at Marvel.

I have the first two years very roughly mapped out. Giving myself space to zig instead of zag should I decide to. I’m contracted for two years, currently, and have a notion of where the third year would go.
                      Not an actual cover – one of Jon’s character sketches utilised to show off Steve Cook’s logo and trade dress for the Wildstorm imprint. The black and red box? That’s our brand mark.

Comment

• DC Comics January 2017 Solicitations

Comment

• A few thoughts:
                          • The Kamandi Challenge just screams of being one of those projects DC does now and then to retain the rights, I'll be picking it up though
                          • I'm really not a fan of companies redacting solicits, you're just impeding people ordering the titles
                          • I'm all over that Swamp Thing/Batman team up
                          • Superman referencing Morrison's Multiversity is a-ok with me
                          • The Teen Titans cover just reinforces how sorry I am to see Jonboy Meyers leave the book
                          • Nicola Scott leaves Wonder Woman with issue #14 and I'm more than happy with Bilquis Evely as her replacement
                          • Covers I liked:

Comment

• The cover for the Ray is amazing, I'll admit. Glad they're not completely ignoring his old origin.

~M~

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                              • I'm all over that Swamp Thing/Batman team up
                              Art tease:

Also:

Comment

• I am so excited for I Am Suicide.

Comment

Working...
                                X