Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Vertigo so it's more likely the writer that has "rights".

Comment

• Patrick Zircher vents about his issues with DC editorial.

Comment

• Who is the editor on Silencer?

Comment

• Marie Javins I believe.

Comment

• DC Comics March 2019 Solicitations

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              Jorge Jimenez does good work:

Comment

• So they still have the lineup from the animated JL show, but switching Wally out for Barry. I forgot they were doing that. Surprised they haven't changed the lineup a few times since then. Nice cover too.

Comment

• That is gorgeous. A little frustrating that we're still on this whole Justice League vs counterparts thing though.

Comment

• Dopplegangers are fun in small doses, and done sparingly. It just feels like that's all we've gotten the last 10 years. I'm beyond bored of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      Jorge Jimenez does good work:

There's a future John who is a White Lantern?
                      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                        There's a future John who is a White Lantern?
                        Well it's their "future selves from the sixth dimension" whatever that means.

Bendis confirms an Amethyst spin-off book is in the works:

Comment

• Amethyst is a great idea for a character to revive if DC is looking to attract new female readers. This is the kind of thing I applaud them for doing, instead of lazily slapping a new female character into an existing male heroes costume like Marvel has been doing a few years back. I hope it finds an audiemce.

Comment

• Wow! Amethyst was exactly what I was hoping for, as I mentioned a little while ago on these boards. I'm really looking forward to this.

I also agree that trying to attract different demographics by using roles traditionally held by white males is lazy and misguided. Women, people of color, (and whoever else that American comics typically haven't sought out over the decades) need and deserve their own characters, with their own stories, in their own worlds. Besides, all that will end up happening once the diverse replacement is done filling the traditional character's shoes for a year is that they will become background support guys who might occasionally get their own short lived comic every 25 years, like Rhodey and John Stewart. Not that I don't like those particular characters, but if comics wants to seriously attract different demos, then making these replacement characters that eventually reside in the traditional character's shadow isn't going to cut it. They need to put in the effort to actually build worlds around the characters, and Amethyst is a great example of that in effect.

Furthermore, the likelihood of pissing off existing fanbases by shoving stuff down their throat and taking away things they like is way smaller.
                            Star-Lantern
                            Weaponer of Qward
                            Last edited by Star-Lantern; 01-06-2019, 11:32 AM.
                            ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

• You all should pick up Young Justice #1 this Wednesday.

I have a feeling this Wonder Comics brand is going to be something special.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                You all should pick up Young Justice #1 this Wednesday.

I have a feeling this Wonder Comics brand is going to be something special.
                                I plan to anyway, since it will have a GL in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X