Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not only is Jon Kent bisexual, bur DC is also taking "the American way" out of Superman's slogan.

As Stan Lee used to say, "Because you demanded it!"

Yeah. Fans have demanded that DC do those things, haven't they? It's great to see that DC keeps its finger on the pulse of its customers.

As in, how long did it take them to bring back Hal and he Corps, when that was something their customers actually did demand?

Why does a business in a declining industry do things that it knows damned well will be received poorly? Do they think they'll sell more comics by doing unpopular things that supposedly signal their virtue?

What in the fuck is wrong with them?
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-17-2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      Not only is Jon Kent bisexual, bur DC is also taking "the American way" out of Superman's slogan.

As Stan Lee used to say, "Because you demanded it!"

Yeah. Fans have demanded that DC do those things, haven't they? It's great to see that DC keeps its finger on the pulse of its customers.

As in, how long did it take them to bring back Hal and he Corps, when that was something their customers actually did demand?

Why does a business in a declining industry do things that it knows damned well will be received poorly? Do they think they'll sell more comics by doing unpopular things that supposedly signal their virtue?

What in the fuck is wrong with them?
      Selling out to the pc woke mob. Of course your going to have sympothizers like agent purple bigbluelantern and boosterbeetle justify it. If you think this is bad you should see the indy 5 set leak where they are going to replace him with a woman . Im hot a james bond fan but the recent one got ripped apart for sjw reasons also notice the media calls him superman instead of john kent. Dc should rebrand the book as john kent son of superman to not confuse him and clark. Will john kents kryptonite be a biologically born woman and he plays brokeback mountain with tim Drake? Will there adventures together be hunting down villains who steals citizens stool samples? If people dont want to be joked on dont throw your shit in my face You think anyone will give two damns about my sex life? Nope My life is private i dont need to flaunt it to get attention . Nobody wants brokeback kryptonian or brokeback sidekick
      TazzMission
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by TazzMission; 10-17-2021, 02:28 PM.
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        Selling out to the pc woke mob. Of course your going to have sympothizers like agent purple bigbluelantern and boosterbeetle justify it. If you think this is bad you should see the indy 5 set leak where they are going to replace him with a woman . Im hot a james bond fan but the recent one got ripped apart for sjw reasons also notice the media calls him superman instead of john kent. Dc should rebrand the book as john kent son of superman to not confuse him and clark. Will john kents kryptonite be a biologically born woman and he plays brokeback mountain with tim Drake? Will there adventures together be hunting down villains who steals citizens stool samples? If people dont want to be joked on dont throw your shit in my face You think anyone will give two damns about my sex life? Nope My life is private i dont need to flaunt it to get attention . Nobody wants brokeback kryptonian or brokeback sidekick
        Oh my goodness...this rant.

#1- Jon is a fairly recent character with very little established history. His bisexuality is part of his character development. If people are confused, that's their fault. I've seen variations of "I'll never read another Marvel comic again because of this!", which tells me all that I need to know about the outrage.

#2- As far as "throwing it in (your) face", were you offended at all the times that we saw Lois and Supes in bed together? How about the time that we saw Supes take off her shirt and discard it so they could have happy fun time in the sky? For that matter, were you outraged that Lois, a human being, has been dating/married to a non-human for over 80 years? If none of that was "throwing it in your face", then the existence of an LGBTQ+ teen shouldn't be an affront to your sensibilities either.
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Somebody should start a support group for angry white men who can't properly express their true feelings about the world around them.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• It would have been better if he had been bisexual from the start. And I'm glad Dean Cain called them out for not addressing something like gay rights in Iran instead, which would have actually meant something.

I wonder how long before Captain America becomes Captain Earth.

Comment

• They never should have aged up Jon Kent in the first place. Super Sons was a concept with a ton of gas in the tank. Leave it to Bendis to ruin something that already worked. Them turning Jon gay was inevitable once he was aged up. I would have been shocked if they DIDN'T.
              DC now has 4 stand ins for the Big 7 gay now. They have a gay Superman, a gay Robin in place of Batman, a gay AND black Aquaman, and a female, black AND gay Green Lantern. All DC needs to do to make a JLQ title is pull the trigger on Wonder Woman, use the he/she Flash from Earth 11, and make Miss Martian a lesbian.
              Come on DC...give the people what they WANT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                They never should have aged up Jon Kent in the first place. Super Sons was a concept with a ton of gas in the tank.!
                Not for me. I'm not sure how many older readers feel about Damian Wayne, but he's one of my least favorite characters in DC right now. I couldn't get through issue #2 of that title when I tried it.

Lately, I've found Jon moderately interesting. He's never going to be a top character for me, but his thought content as he prepares for his father's impending death (or whatever will be done) has been more interesting than the usual kid/teen hero fare.
                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• ^No, I’m with BDD. “Challenge of the Super Sons” was the only special (non-regular) title I was getting from DC. And I am getting/enjoying the new Robin title. Something about adolescent superheroes has always been fun to me—maybe it takes me back in my wish fulfillment days when I started collecting comics.

Comment

• It reminds me of what DC did to Impulse. As a Flash fan, Impulse wasn't really for me or my.thing, but he was different and was cultivating his own audience over time. When they aged Bart up to be the next Flash, they just killed any and all momentum the character had and it never recovered. My point is, with what they have done to Jon, by aging him up and making him gay on top of it? DC just ensured the character will be lost to the dustbin of DC continuity in a few years. Hell either be killed off, erased from history, or some other fate when the reset button gets pushed when they need to clean up the Superman mythos again. At least with Super Sons, they had some possibility of building a fanbase with an audience craving a fun title. I have no skin in that game so it's just an observation on my part but that's my take.

Comment

• ^I heard a guy at my LCS the other day saying Jon was the only character he followed in DC because he was the only one not reset by the New 52. Wonder if he'll stick around even for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        Somebody should start a support group for angry white men who can't properly express their true feelings about the world around them.
                        And somebody should start a support group for easily offended weirdos who think theres multiple genders when theres only two. Until you shoot milk out of your nipples have a period monthly And go through actual menopause or conceive a child carry it for 9 months and give actual birth your not a woman and same is said for women who think they know what its like to have a dick being able to impregnate a female or having to deal with wanting to fuck all the time . Its funny i see trans women say they want to be men yet dont do men's work like lifting heavy furniture, construction, long shoremen, or even out in the ocean catching sea food. You can play the discrimination card but you damn well know thats TRUE. Imo trans is just a legal loophole to say its good to knock around women dressed as men in male combat sports like mma. If your ok with that why not just allow intergender fights where biological men fight biological women? I also love how you specifically stated white men._.._ so are you a racist against white people? You weirdos call people who dont agree with you homophobic yet your hetrophobic by ignoring hundreds of years of human biology demanding science be changed , changing pro nouns wanting to use a public bathroom where kids go . Are you going to be one of those weirdos who will take a load in the brown eye think hes pregnant and talk about my body my choice? Do you concider yourself as a chest feeding birthing parent to? You like to stir shit so if you have any genitalia you call me out directly. Now go stand in the corner and try to look fabulous you anti white cop hating douchbag. Go click your ruby slippers 3 times dorthy and hopefully your home falls on you
                        TazzMission
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by TazzMission; 10-19-2021, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                          Oh my goodness...this rant.

#1- Jon is a fairly recent character with very little established history. His bisexuality is part of his character development. If people are confused, that's their fault. I've seen variations of "I'll never read another Marvel comic again because of this!", which tells me all that I need to know about the outrage.

#2- As far as "throwing it in (your) face", were you offended at all the times that we saw Lois and Supes in bed together? How about the time that we saw Supes take off her shirt and discard it so they could have happy fun time in the sky? For that matter, were you outraged that Lois, a human being, has been dating/married to a non-human for over 80 years? If none of that was "throwing it in your face", then the existence of an LGBTQ+ teen shouldn't be an affront to your sensibilities either.
                          i can live without any romance in comics and film. Anything else otherwise go back into your little office and continue to over charge for bad therapy or whatever it is you do. Dems say listen to science but ignore human biology. What a load of crap. People like you who support this nonsense will probably see a rise in suicide rates because your confusing the kids. But than again its all about money for you. And yes it is thrown in my face when public schools decide hey we are going to teach pre k kids about gender identity. As bad as i want to be a dad im glad i dont have kids because if my kid came home saying the teacher wants students to learn gender identity and trans identity id honestly be livid and would confront the school . its my kid not theres, not yours and i have say in my kids education . There on the tax payers dime. Schools cant tell parents we have no say despite working for us . Between ctr and this trans b
                          s your going to see parents remove kids from public schools because parents dont want it. Btw i quit reading comics because none of the stories have been good since like 2013 and pricey . Soooo there go's that argument of online rage. Why waste a good five bucks on a book when its utter garbage? I guess your also ok with removing truth justice and American way from superman thats been around since the 40's Because you buy into the myth of systemic racism. I assume your white right? Your telling me deep down your not pissed about being labelled a oppressor and you specifically hold down opportunity for people of color and gays? Grow a spine and stand up for yourself. I never owned a slave or held anyone back from being a success . Why should i be the villain? I work ,i come home smoke a little weed and chill . I only control my life i dont control others nor do i push it unless my back is against the wall like with you and agent purple. I shouldnt be labelled a racist homophobic person simply because im white and straight and i disagree with the lgbtq plus psychos. I also dont have to acknowledge it either so when someone tries to bully me getting in my face saying i have to i take it as my personal space is invaded and im hot responsible for what happens if said person refuses to move after asking multiple times. Gay straight whatever invade my space to intimate you lose any right to complain about being knocked out. This generation is as soft as a tai bow kick.even constructive criticism is labeled offensive. Here's a personal story . My spine surgery cost 50 grand the insurance I have cover's 80 percent. I applied for government aid to pay the other 20 percent I got denied . So someone like me who needs it can't get it mainly because I'm white but all these individuals of color are getting it wether there legal or not having kids they shouldn't have when they can't afford it or my neighbors sell it to get there next heroin fix. Government programs were created specifically for people of color . You may see it as racist but I lived it . Since I'm white I somehow have this magic privilege where I get everything and I'm somehow above non white people. How is that right mr equality ?
                          TazzMission
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by TazzMission; 10-19-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Didn't DC age-up Arisia in Green Lantern just so Hal Jordan could bang her? I seem to remember something like that happening decades ago.

Forcing Jon to be older was a bone-headed move. Yeah, readers can still get dad-and-son stories, that's not entirely blocked off by being one age or another, but now he's put into a position where his own best friend Damian (I guess they're best buds like their dads always were) is put a step behind so to speak, not quite growing up alongside him and not quite tackling things together as they once did. Could they still do so, exploring a rift between them because now it looks like Jon has moved ahead? Yes, but it'd be a tough sell for DC. Can only hope readers don't get a raw deal.

As for people melting down over his bisexuality: lol shut up. The character has only been around for six fucking years. Eventually his preferences would be explored like how his father's were when he married Lois (how many times did DC have them get married and have kids? Because I'm fairly certain Lois's old solo series had some wild times with that idea). One character coming out of the closet doesn't mean another is forced in, only an idiot believes that. Jon Kent being bi does not nor will ever magically turn somebody else. Hal Jordan dating half the women in his supporting cast doesn't change the orientation of a character from a completely unrelated walk of life; if Sinestro was fucking another dude Hal would still be fucking women. Bruce Wayne picking up every easy pair of legs in Gotham doesn't stop Apollo and Midnighter from doing the horizontal hustle. And the reverse is true: different characters being gay does not stop a straight character from being straight. If you're having an existential crisis over a goddamn fictional character's sex life, you need a therapist, not a comic book.
                            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                              If you're having an existential crisis over a goddamn fictional character's sex life, you need a therapist, not a comic book.
                              The whatever like yourself who dresses as a woman even though born biologically male and demanding to be around children in there preferred public bathroom is telling others to see a therapist or bitch about comics not having enough representation is giving therapy advice? ? Really? I wouldnt trust you around any schools

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                                i can live without any romance in comics and film. Anything else otherwise go back into your little office and continue to over charge for bad therapy or whatever it is you do. Dems say listen to science but ignore human biology. What a load of crap. People like you who support this nonsense will probably see a rise in suicide rates because your confusing the kids. But than again its all about money for you. And yes it is thrown in my face when public schools decide hey we are going to teach pre k kids about gender identity. As bad as i want to be a dad im glad i dont have kids because if my kid came home saying the teacher wants students to learn gender identity and trans identity id honestly be livid and would confront the school . its my kid not theres, not yours and i have say in my kids education .
                                ?
                                I'll be as succinct as possible here since you've covered a lot of ground again. In one sense, we have something common. Romance of any sort isn't why I buy comics. Some relationships are better than others, and there is occasionally an instance like Thor & She-Hulk or Harley & Ivy where it actually adds to the overall narrative. Most of the time, romance is just something that I accept as a part of the story since I understand that it is a huge lure for some readers.

Which brings me to my next point. Understanding the importance of acknowledging differences in people is necessary. Some people are straight. Some are gay. Some are bisexual. Some people are non-binary. Some people experience gender dysphoria (a condition recognized by the American Psychological Association) and these people may express a gender identity different than their bodied sex. Some people are asexual, and these people can show little or no interest in gender expression or romantic attraction. All of these people certainly like to see themselves reflected in large fictional universes. Comics have begun to recognize this, and this in no way diminishes my interest in the genre. Jon's coming out doesn't change how I feel about the character, but it might be a game-changer for a bisexual teen, and I view that only in a positive light. Not every comic is written for me, and that's OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X