No announcement yet.

Doomsday Clock Thread (SPOILERS!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody here who said no to a comic with Guy and Alan needs to STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Hey pally! I didn't pay a dime to read it...so it DOESN'T count!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
        Dr. Manhattan crushes Guy's ring to dust. With their supposed to be a dead GL in Heroes in Crisis so this really made Guy the most likely victim.
        Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Is that all? I thought it must be something a bit more final than that given how people were talking. If he doesn't die during that confrontation, I would assume he'd just get a new ring pretty much immediately.
        Doomsday Clock is supposed to be set within one year from where the DCU was at in the context of the story timeline. Heroes in Crisis has already happened, hell it takes place before Aquaman/Justice League Drowned Earth!

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
        Anybody here who said no to a comic with Guy and Alan needs to STFU.
        Why? Manhattan kept Alan Scott from becoming GL in the past and he turned Guy's ring into nothing in the near future... that's hardly a connection.

What bugs me about the latest issue is how Alan Scott never existing somehow effected the Legion of Superheroes. Superman still existed, and that was their inspiration for forming.

In the end of this series when we finally get a new LoSH comic spinning out of it, if the Watchmen are to continue to be somewhat tied to the extended DCU [in the comics set in the past or set in the future]... they should recreate Kid Quantum and make him/her more like Manhattan than a Capt. Atom in purple....

ALSO! I'm betting that page sets up the first meeting between Manhattan and the JSA, as we saw an image before of a kid holding an old JSA comic with Dr. M on the cover with the Society based on that roundtable shot.

They'll likely be featured in a few pages before one of them feels threatened enough by Doc M to make a move, or he gets bored with them and just decides to fuck with time for no other reason than to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
          Hey pally! I didn't pay a dime to read it...so it DOESN'T count!
          Ah, the IonFan solution.

Comment

Ah, the IonFan solution.
            Ha!

Comment

Ah, the IonFan solution.
              I read *most* of my stuff online, but depending on covers, how important the issues are, etc. I'll buy individual issues here and there. Doomsday Clock I'm gonna get in trade, and hopefully DC won't be idiots and will make some of these more popular covers poster sized.

It's a little off topic, but it's still tied to this series.... does anyone else think Geoff will be bold enough to tie his Three Jokers story into Doomsday Clock and make some sort of Comedian connection? It just felt way too much of a possibility when during DC Rebirth #1 near the end... Bats was thinking about the Three Jokers again looking at the giant Joker card when he discovered the Comedian's button. That CAN'T be a coincidence can it?!

Ωmega Man
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Ωmega Man; 03-11-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Ah, the IonFan solution.
                and what does that mean?????????????????????????

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  and what does that mean?????????????????????????
                  Nothing I thought you wouldn't admit to: "if you don't like what they're doing, bootleg it."

Comment

Ah, the IonFan solution.
                    I do the same. Maybe when they start giving stories worth paying for I will.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                      I do the same. Maybe when they start giving stories worth paying for I will.
                      I can't quite figure out how you are finding stories that aren't worth paying for but are worth reading. If you think they are so bad you don't want to pay for them, why read them at all?

EDIT: Though I realize that this might seem somewhat hypocritical from a guy who checks out so much stuff from the library. I guess I just see it differently when I'm given the option of reading/watching stuff without paying (aside from the taxes I pay to support the library, which I'd be paying no matter how much I used it), but doing so legally.
                      Mister Ed
                      Horse of a Different Color
                      Last edited by Mister Ed; 03-12-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                        I can't quite figure out how you are finding stories that aren't worth paying for but are worth reading. If you think they are so bad you don't want to pay for them, why read them at all?

EDIT: Though I realize that this might seem somewhat hypocritical from a guy who checks out so much stuff from the library. I guess I just see it differently when I'm given the option of reading/watching stuff without paying (aside from the taxes I pay to support the library, which I'd be paying no matter how much I used it), but doing so legally.
                        I check them out to see if things are getting any better and if there is anything worth buying and collecting again.

Comment

Nothing I thought you wouldn't admit to: "if you don't like what they're doing, bootleg it."
                          ummmm yeah that's not something i do, i mean if i don't like it why even look at it (see STD and TWD, yeah i could look at them for free BUT I DON'T) so i'm still alittle

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                            ummmm yeah that's not something i do, i mean if i don't like it why even look at it (see STD and TWD, yeah i could look at them for free BUT I DON'T) so i'm still alittle
                            Well my mistake. I was sure you had talked about some movies where you were upset at casting choices or delays or something and said you were going to watch them in bootleg, but if you have not done that, my apologies.

Comment

Well my mistake. I was sure you had talked about some movies where you were upset at casting choices or delays or something and said you were going to watch them in bootleg, but if you have not done that, my apologies.
                              now THAT i have done but only once (GIJoe 2) BUT i didn't hate it, i really liked it in fact, just didn't like them delaying it just so they could put it in 3D
                              ()

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                                What bugs me about the latest issue is how Alan Scott never existing somehow effected the Legion of Superheroes.
                                Yeah... like, waittaminute. How did they form before "Crisis on Infinite Earths," when there was the Legion on Earth-1 and the JSA was on Earth-2? And during the New 52, when there was the Legion... and no JSA at all, ever?

Smells like scurrilous Geoffcons to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X